PDA

View Full Version : Rally Pat/Rally Jenny sighting in Hoover...

CadaverDawg
05-24-2016, 09:58 AM
http://images.yuku.com.s3.amazonaws.com/image/jpeg/77236e6c22c26e0730e06dc8c7bd34ee9ca45921.jpg

CadaverDawg
05-24-2016, 09:59 AM
She's in her usual spot behind third base dugout...

Gonna be a good week, boys

CadaverDawg
05-24-2016, 05:53 PM
So I'm pretty bummed that nobody replied to this. Do none of you remember the role this lady played in our magical SEC tourney title run that year?

Nevermind, I'm showing my age I guess.

godlluB
05-24-2016, 06:01 PM
I know who you're alking about, my wife and I have been spending two years trying to figure out if the person was a man or a woman (I don't mean that to sound as mean spirited as it probably does, it was just a bit hard to tell. Thanks for clearing that up).

So, what role did she play for us?

trob115
05-24-2016, 06:10 PM
If I recall, Tennessee didn't even make the tourney that year, and she was adopted as our good luck charm that year because she was always being the dugout in her orange. She was at all of our games.

CadaverDawg
05-24-2016, 06:11 PM
I know who you're alking about, my wife and I have been spending two years trying to figure out if the person was a man or a woman (I don't mean that to sound as mean spirited as it probably does, it was just a bit hard to tell. Thanks for clearing that up).

So, what role did she play for us?

That's where "Pat" came from, haha. I still refer to her as Rally Pat, but someone met her in Hoover and found out her name was Jenny. She was a big topic of conversation the year we won the tourney by coming back on LSU & beating Vandy...and she was a constant behind home plate. So everyone considered her a good luck charm, ha. Search "Rally Pat" or "Rally Jenny" on SPS and you'll find some great threads during that tourney I'm sure

RocketDawg
05-24-2016, 06:15 PM
Yes, I remember her well. I wonder if she's from the Birmingham area or travels down every year for the tournament. She's certainly one of the most loyal baseball fans I've ever seen. Ever seen her in Omaha?

DownwardDawg
05-24-2016, 06:52 PM
I read your post earlier and laughed. I just wasn't logged in. We gonna win!! Go Pat/Jenny!!!!

Todd4State
05-24-2016, 07:03 PM
Rally Pat is one of my favorites! She keeps score at all the tournament games.

godlluB
05-24-2016, 08:12 PM
Thanks for the explanation. I remember her sitting there for at least the last 3 years, and now that you mention it, I sort of remember the SPS thread.

CadaverDawg
05-24-2016, 08:32 PM
If I recall, Tennessee didn't even make the tourney that year, and she was adopted as our good luck charm that year because she was always being the dugout in her orange. She was at all of our games.

Yep, you're remembering correctly. She sat there in her Tennessee garb and kept score of every game. We all got nervous when we couldn't find her in the Championship game...but then alas, she was there, and we won.

At least she gets to watch UT once this year.

CadaverDawg
05-24-2016, 08:34 PM
Yes, I remember her well. I wonder if she's from the Birmingham area or travels down every year for the tournament. She's certainly one of the most loyal baseball fans I've ever seen. Ever seen her in Omaha?

Haven't seen her in Omaha. But if Tennessee ever makes it again, she'll be there. Hell, I'm tempted to buy her plane tickets if we make it this year!

AFDawg
05-24-2016, 09:59 PM
Rally Jenny! As I recall, the person who finally found her said she was a cool person.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
05-25-2016, 12:01 AM
Jenny's been in that seat at Hoover as long as the tournament has been in Hoover. I imagine she was probably in that same seat wherever the tournament was played before it came to Hoover.