PDA

View Full Version : Bjork's commets

Spiderman
05-23-2016, 10:09 PM
He's sounding cocky because they have saved he and Freeze. That was the main goal of surviving this, mainly Freeze.

They have some "Good Rebels" ready to take the blame. They are trying to pull off the Tunsil got money from the emergency fund and it was all a big misunderstanding. They will say "Barney" could be anybody,(Although I'd bet a good bit you can't find another dude maned Barney very quickly in Oxford), as could Mr. John. As far as "Coach" it was an old Little League coach of his or something.

Some boosters will get vilified in public, but praised in private by the Ath. Dept. Disassociated doesn't mean crap, or effect the booster at all. If State disassociated me tomorrow, I'd still have my tickets because someone in my family would now "buy" them. I'd still go to the games, I'd still have a tailgate.

Plus the bastard can brag that not only did he get X Recruit, he also saved Freezes ass.

Everybody with any sense knows this is institutional up there, but I think they have made sure it is non- institutional to the NCAA in their response, and they figure the NCAA can't prove otherwise.

I've said all along if Freeze and any other staffers survive the month of May, they don't have crap on him or his coaches. At least anything provable.

Homedawg
05-23-2016, 10:19 PM
Freeze was never going to be given up just to save them. By doing that they would be admitting guilt. He might not make it. But he will coach this season. This isn't about to end soon.....

smootness
05-23-2016, 10:25 PM
So this is all stuff you're just guessing?

TStationDawg
05-23-2016, 10:31 PM
So this is all stuff you're just guessing?
you ever bring anything to the table rather than just throwing out random 17n questions?

TrapGame
05-23-2016, 10:31 PM
If Freeze and Bjork survive all of this then the NCAA is effing worthless. And, if that's the case it's time to do what you gotta do to win your conference and get in the playoffs. The NCAA can suck it.

BossDawg
05-23-2016, 10:32 PM
What about all the Western Union transaction to Tunsil's mom that was mentioned several days ago? How are they gonna spin that?

msstate7
05-23-2016, 10:34 PM
you ever bring anything to the table rather than just throwing out random 17n questions?

You think it'll rain this week?

Boodawg
05-23-2016, 10:35 PM
When has he been cocky other than over a month ago? Things may have changed by now. They Have been completely silent for more than a month.

TStationDawg
05-23-2016, 10:36 PM
You think it'll rain this week?

haven't the foggiest idea what you mean by this

TStationDawg
05-23-2016, 10:39 PM
how about "The crow jumps over the cows hoof"? Does that pass?

ShotgunDawg
05-23-2016, 10:54 PM
What about all the Western Union transaction to Tunsil's mom that was mentioned several days ago? How are they gonna spin that?

Probably part of the 2nd NOA.

ITs going to be very difficult to educate people on the entire process when they are disappointed in the 1st NOA. We will have to explain at nauseum that there will be more

ShotgunDawg
05-23-2016, 10:55 PM
Do you guys get the sense that OM thinks the NCAA is dumb and they can manipulate them?

I'm not saying they are wrong, but I guess we'll find out.

Reason2succeed
05-24-2016, 05:30 AM
How do they explain away the fact that Lindsey Miller spilled all the beans to the NCAA?
How do they explain away accusations and possession of burner phones?
How do they explain away Waynesboro, academic and ACT fraud, and the fact that David Saunders and th former OM coach at Texas have already been outed?
How do they explain away that Tunsil point blank said he was paid by a coach in front of millions of people?

If they are able to spin their way out of this then Bama, Georgia, Michigan, and Nebraska and the other schools that felt slighted by OM are going to go ape on the NCAA. That ain't gonna happen. OM will be hammered to appease the "gods" of football.

LeakyD
05-24-2016, 06:08 AM
I try not to get too optimistic, but if this was nothing, OM would've released their response on the 1st day possible. The silence has been deafening. The leaks all false. Nothing from the 16 class or draft night is in the 1st letter, and they're still afraid to release it. None of the spin leads me to believe the 1st round is going to be any kind of relief for them.

My biggest wonder is how the NCAA transitions to the 2nd round. Will OM acknowledge it when they release their response? I doubt it. But they can't respond to the things that haven't been charged yet. The NCAA's policy of not commenting on pending investigations is the only thing keeping OM afloat right now.

Spiderman
05-24-2016, 06:14 AM
Freeze was never going to be given up just to save them. By doing that they would be admitting guilt. He might not make it. But he will coach this season. This isn't about to end soon.....

This isn't in a vacuum. If Ole Miss knows Freeze and staff are involved personally, and that the NCAA knows this, he's gone immediately. Just like the women's basketball staff.

No coach can survive that, Pat Dye didn't, Barry Switzer didn't, etc. All much bigger names than Freeze. And if Oklahoma and Auburn would fire those 2, you can bet OM would fire Freeze.

If they keep him on, no matter when or how long the "2nd letter" or ever how they do it takes, they can't keep him. If they do, and if the NCAA still has any teeth, they bring crippling sanctions down on themselves. Maybe not the death penalty but close.

So if OM thinks the NCAA can show Freeze knew, he's fired immediately. Hell, they haven't even fired a ballboy scapegoat yet, much less a coach.

And to answer the question above, a lot is guesses. Guesses based on info received and on how The Culture of Corruption works up there.

smootness
05-24-2016, 06:46 AM

How often do you play hopscotch with your priest?

Dawgface
05-24-2016, 06:52 AM
I don't know how all this will turn out but it is ridiculous that the process takes so long. The NCAA should have this thing wrapped up by the end of summer. Many say it will drag on to this time next year. Why?

GreenheadDawg
05-24-2016, 07:13 AM
I think a lot of State fans are going to be disappointed. I'm expecting not much to happen so that way if it does then I'm happily surprised and if it doesn't then I never got my hopes up. But I think the fact that Freeze and Bjork are still standing says a lot.

ETA: if one of our players had admitted on live TV that he had accepted money they would have bulldozed Davis Wade the next day

C222
05-24-2016, 07:24 AM
Again, the penalties from this NOA aren't going to be what everyone wants. There will be more.

Reason2succeed
05-24-2016, 08:11 AM
I think a lot of State fans are going to be disappointed. I'm expecting not much to happen so that way if it does then I'm happily surprised and if it doesn't then I never got my hopes up. But I think the fact that Freeze and Bjork are still standing says a lot.

ETA: if one of our players had admitted on live TV that he had accepted money they would have bulldozed Davis Wade the next day

The whole "expect for the worst thing to happen so that I'm not disappointed" is a coping method for abused and neglected children. State has been taking that position for far too long. It's time for us to start acting, thinking and talking like winners. Our baseball team just won the SEC outright. Our football team has been consistently top 25 for the last 5 years and reached #1. Because of the TV deals with the SEC we are bringing in money on par with Oklahoma and USC and more than programs like Miami.

The Bama's and Florida's, Ohio State's of the world don't just hope for the best in anything. They expect it. OM is a cheating and corrupt culture and have been caught on many fronts. We shouldn't just expect the NCAA to crack down on them. WE SHOULD DEMAND IT!!!

BulldogBear
05-24-2016, 08:23 AM
This sounds like the thread to say this again. Ole Miss is going down hard and here is why. They have given the NCAA exactly what they need. Over the last few years Ole Miss, like a certain angel, has declared themselves to be like the Most High. Reason2Succeed called the major programs football "gods." UMISS has set themselves up and tried to convince everyone that they are a "peer" of these "gods." The reality is that they've done no more (less actually) than we have in my lifetime of nearly 43 years. But there is this perception that they are some kind of traditional powerhouse program. I even saw a 3rd party article that mentioned LSU as a fellow powerhouse (to Ole Miss). They have somewhat won that battle of perception, but now they will die because of it. All the other arguments that they will get hammered are valid but this is the booster charge that will really make it a big explosion. The NCAA is in bad need of an image change. They are in bad need to show relevancy. There's is blood in the water and the "gods" are angry. What Ole Miss has done with all their self promotion is given the NCAA the perfect storm and no reason not to act. They get to hammer an SEC nobody but crow like they've taken down Bama, LSU, or Ohio State. The NCAA doesn't have to antagonize an important fan base, they don't have to upset the balance of power in college football, and they don't have to kill any sort of tradition. But they get to look like they were willing to. Ole Miss has declared itself to be a "god," so now the NCAA gets to show it can destroy a "god" without really having to do so. If the NCAA doesn't hammer Ole Miss, the NCAA is irrelevant going forward. UMiss has given them no reason not to lay the wood. The NCAA has nothing to lose and everything gain by burying the Ole Miss football program. If they do not go in dry on Ole Miss it is because the NCAA does not want to remain relevant. AND THAT FOLKS IS "UNBELIEVABLE."

ETA: just to clarify, I mean when it all shakes out, not necessarily what's evident after the first NOA.

Jarius
05-24-2016, 08:26 AM
I don't know how all this will turn out but it is ridiculous that the process takes so long. The NCAA should have this thing wrapped up by the end of summer. Many say it will drag on to this time next year. Why?

Because they keep having people go on national tv and tell everyone that coaches gave them money. This would already be very close to being done if they weren't such idiots.

Coach34
05-24-2016, 08:32 AM
Again, the penalties from this NOA aren't going to be what everyone wants. There will be more.

this

This NOA does not contain anything from the investigations the NCAA has made in 2016

Boodawg
05-24-2016, 08:44 AM
OM hasn't even been punished for all the Tunsil stuff in '15, right? Tunsil was internally punished to try to appease the NCAA, but the school hasn't been punished at all. And just the stuff we know about seems to be at least 3 times as bad as the ULL situation, right? Wasn't there like 3 level 1 violations, that we know about?

Johnson85
05-24-2016, 08:47 AM
If they are able to spin their way out of this then Bama, Georgia, Michigan, and Nebraska and the other schools that felt slighted by OM are going to go ape on the NCAA. That ain't gonna happen. OM will be hammered to appease the "gods" of football.

This is the only reason I'm optimistic that they'll get anything beyond a slap on the wrist. Not hammering them will be declaring open season to pay for recruits not just for the traditional powers, but for every and any school with a loaded booster or ten to go all in to try to buy some football success. I just don't see the big schools wanting that, and don't see 95% of the non-powerhouse schools wanting that, so I'm guessing they will be made an example of.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
05-24-2016, 08:59 AM
This is the only reason I'm optimistic that they'll get anything beyond a slap on the wrist. Not hammering them will be declaring open season to pay for recruits not just for the traditional powers, but for every and any school with a loaded booster or ten to go all in to try to buy some football success. I just don't see the big schools wanting that, and don't see 95% of the non-powerhouse schools wanting that, so I'm guessing they will be made an example of.
Also, isn't there a former UGA athletic department employee who now works for the NCAA? I think he left UGA after the 2013 class, but can't remember his name.

Saltydog
05-24-2016, 09:00 AM
severe at ULL so why would there be any less punishment here?

Bothrops
05-24-2016, 09:32 AM
Too much smoke has circulated. The NCAA would be setting a new precedent if they chose to avoid deep sanctions. One that would render them ineffective as a governing body. Ole Miss can't lawyer their way out of that.

SDDawg
05-24-2016, 09:39 AM
Don't be fooled, Bjork will be fired. Everything right now is just saving face for the University of Ole Miss.

LockeDawg
05-24-2016, 10:29 AM
The Bama's and Florida's, Ohio State's of the world don't just hope for the best in anything. They expect it. OM is a cheating and corrupt culture and have been caught on many fronts. We shouldn't just expect the NCAA to crack down on them. WE SHOULD DEMAND IT!!!Who should demand it? A few random fans from a message board? The local newspapers? The MSU Administration? Coach Mullen?

Seriously, who exactly do YOU think should stand up and demand that the NCAA crack down on them?:confused:

msbulldog
05-24-2016, 12:53 PM
Also, isn't there a former UGA athletic department employee who now works for the NCAA? I think he left UGA after the 2013 class, but can't remember his name.

I think your talking about Ga ex-president, who was chair of the COI. President of Pepperdine now.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
05-24-2016, 01:27 PM
I think your talking about Ga ex-president, who was chair of the COI. President of Pepperdine now.

Correct, thanks! Have some rep points.

Reason2succeed
05-24-2016, 02:18 PM
Who should demand it? A few random fans from a message board? The local newspapers? The MSU Administration? Coach Mullen?

Seriously, who exactly do YOU think should stand up and demand that the NCAA crack down on them?:confused:

I don't know if your question is rhetorical or serious. Ialso don't know if you are a troll since this is only your 11th post and at least two seem to be defending OM's position in this investigation.

The NCAA is a member institution of which MSU is a part of. I'm sure that there is a way that the MSU athletic department could petition the NCAA if we felt that infractions were not being fairly given since we are directly negatively affected by their unfair competitive advantage.

The NCAA has already laid sanctions on ULaLa with the case connected to OM. This sets a precedent. The NCAA has given the death penalty to lower division athletic programs since SMU. All of this sets a precedent. If the NCAA deviates significantly from these precedents for OM then those other schools may be interested in petitioning the NCAA, leaving, or filing a lawsuit.

There's your answer. Thanks for asking. It was a pleasure clearing that up.

Boodawg
05-24-2016, 02:38 PM
I don't know if your question is rhetorical or serious. Ialso don't know if you are a troll since this is only your 11th post and at least two seem to be defending OM's position in this investigation.

The NCAA is a member institution of which MSU is a part of. I'm sure that there is a way that the MSU athletic department could petition the NCAA if we felt that infractions were not being fairly given since we are directly negatively affected by their unfair competitive advantage.

The NCAA has already laid sanctions on ULaLa with the case connected to OM. This sets a precedent. The NCAA has given the death penalty to lower division athletic programs since SMU. All of this sets a precedent. If the NCAA deviates significantly from these precedents for OM then those other schools may be interested in petitioning the NCAA, leaving, or filing a lawsuit.

There's your answer. Thanks for asking. It was a pleasure clearing that up.

I didn't think of that, but it's a very good point. If NCAA does't go with equal punishment for equal crime, then someone who's already on probation will petition or sue NCAA to get lesser sanctions.

Belegal
05-24-2016, 08:28 PM
I believe the ex- Georgia president, Michael Adams, still on infractions committee??? He was at Georgia in 2013 when the Bears stole Tunsil from them.

JDog13
05-24-2016, 08:39 PM
Don't get too down. I'm told the hit on this first NOA is gonna be tough. Not as tough as many hope, but it'll hurt.

Spiderman
05-24-2016, 09:09 PM
I didn't think of that, but it's a very good point. If NCAA does't go with equal punishment for equal crime, then someone who's already on probation will petition or sue NCAA to get lesser sanctions.

Unequal punishment has been a NCAA hallmark for as long as i can remember