PDA

View Full Version : Ellis Johnson is not a happy person right now

Coach34
08-19-2013, 10:47 PM
injuries are tough on a team with little depth

http://mrsec.com/2013/08/auburn-defensive-coordinator-ellis-johnson-post-practice-interview-8192013

engie
08-19-2013, 11:06 PM
I'm thinking that they are not nearly as talented as people are making them out to be...

If they were, why would they be chasing a dozen different JUCOs right now -- and losing it over a few minor injuries? That said, I'm glad we play the when we do...

CadaverDawg
08-19-2013, 11:12 PM
I'm thinking that they are not nearly as talented as people are making them out to be...

If they were, why would they be chasing a dozen different JUCOs right now -- and losing it over a few minor injuries? That said, I'm glad we play the when we do...

Yea, I agree. I am looking at that game as the wild card to our season. Obviously, the first one is huge too, but we can't lose both of those and still expect a bowl game IMO. I feel like Auburn may not be quite as improved as everyone is thinking. If we can beat OSU AND Auburn....watch out.

Political Hack
08-20-2013, 07:21 AM
OSU, Auburn, and Arkansas are our season.

msstate7
08-20-2013, 07:41 AM

I think we at least get 2 out of 3

AlSwearengen
08-20-2013, 08:07 AM
the way ellis bent usm over the table and robbed them, he should have a sunny outlook for the rest of his days, no matter how shitty auburn is.

CJDAWG85
08-20-2013, 08:38 AM
If we can beat OSU AND Auburn....watch out.

Man if we are somehow undefeated going into the LSU game this could potentially be a MONSTER year... but that is a huge if too

HancockCountyDog
08-20-2013, 08:52 AM

I've talked to two different AU guys, both of whom are pretty rabid about their team, and they both think 6 wins is the ceiling this year. The only reason they even have hope is that they have bought into the Nick Marshall hype at QB. They both think their defense is going to be terrible.

I just don't see how we don't win that game. The only concern that I have is that its at night and they could be 2-0 going into the game. They have a sneaky touch opening stretch with Washington State (the pirate) and Arkansas State. Those are not automatic wins. They should win, but its not automatic.

Political Hack
08-20-2013, 09:01 AM
I think we should be favored in 2 out of the 3 if it was a stale aight odds issue, but setting the line for the public it'll be a closer line than it should be. It'll definitely skew towards them.

codeDawg
08-20-2013, 09:56 AM
Getting AU early is definately an advantage for us. If our offense is able to put a couple of things together and the defense is as advertised, we should win that game by 10 in a relatively high scoring game.

OSU has the edge on us. While we may have a slight edge on D, they have a system in place with players that fit on offense. We are still trying to patch something together with what we have to work with. It's going to be a challenge to keep up, especially this early in the season.

Who the hell knows about the pigs. That's a situation where the talent may be better than we know because coaching was so bad. We'll just have to see how it fits together over there. I may actually go to that one, so we probably lose it.