PDA

View Full Version : #3 in D1baseball.com

mparkerfd20
05-23-2016, 11:13 AM
Have A&M 1 and Miami 2. I disagree with them.

msstate7
05-23-2016, 11:15 AM
I'm fine with it. Had we had a better showing vs aTm, I'd have a problem with it

Brando
05-23-2016, 11:17 AM
I'm fine with it. Had we had a better showing vs aTm, I'd have a problem with it

I agree. I do think we are better than Miami. They werent going to drop them tho after beating FSU.

MetEdDawg
05-23-2016, 11:36 AM
Yeah at this point I have zero problem with any poll that has TAMU in front of us. And Miami is damn good. I think #3 is probably where we should be.

MarketingBully
05-23-2016, 11:47 AM
The dickhead though semi-slammed us with his "MSU won the SEC but the SEC has uneven schedules." Sure they swept us because they caught us playing not at our best but we had equally as difficult schedules in the SEC. I don't mind them being ranked higher but to say A&M had a harder SEC schedule is laughable.

MarketingBully
05-23-2016, 11:49 AM
This is some mega bullshit right here. Just say you ranked them ahead of us because they swept us. No need to include the other bullshit.

"A&M finished a game behind SEC regular-season champion Mississippi State in the standings, but the Aggies swept the Bulldogs in Starkville, which makes up for the one-game difference in the standings (particularly since SEC schedules are unbalanced)."

smootness
05-23-2016, 12:01 PM
This is some mega bullshit right here. Just say you ranked them ahead of us because they swept us. No need to include the other bullshit.

"A&M finished a game behind SEC regular-season champion Mississippi State in the standings, but the Aggies swept the Bulldogs in Starkville, which makes up for the one-game difference in the standings (particularly since SEC schedules are unbalanced)."

It wasn't necessary to add, but it's still a fair point. We both played Florida, Vandy, LSU, Ole Miss, and each other. They played 2 of them on the road, we played 3 of them on the road. But instead of playing Arkansas at home like we did, they played at South Carolina.

I would agree that their conference schedule was slightly tougher.

MarketingBully
05-23-2016, 01:45 PM
It wasn't necessary to add, but it's still a fair point. We both played Florida, Vandy, LSU, Ole Miss, and each other. They played 2 of them on the road, we played 3 of them on the road. But instead of playing Arkansas at home like we did, they played at South Carolina.

I would agree that their conference schedule was slightly tougher.

They played Arkansas at home. They also played Vandy and LSU at home which we played on the road. They didn't play a "slightly" better conference schedule. At best they played an equal conference schedule and I believe we played a better schedule then they did even though we played Missouri while they played USC. I doubt they win either the LSU or Vandy series if they are away from College Station.

maroonmania
05-23-2016, 01:50 PM

I didn't really have any problem with them putting TA&M ahead of us although I wasn't crazy about their writeup why. The head-to-head stuff I understand but then they tried to downplay the SEC title by saying the schedules were unbalanced. BUT, A&M and MSU played the exact same teams this year except that they played South Carolina and we played Florida. Well that's a virtual wash so we were one game better against essentially the exact schedule.

maroonmania
05-23-2016, 01:55 PM

Would have definitely been a better statement without the parenthetical.

smootness
05-23-2016, 01:57 PM
They played Arkansas at home. They also played Vandy and LSU at home which we played on the road. They didn't play a "slightly" better conference schedule. At best they played an equal conference schedule and I believe we played a better schedule then they did even though we played Missouri while they played USC. I doubt they win either the LSU or Vandy series if they are away from College Station.

You're right, it was Missouri, not Arkansas.

But yes, they played Vandy and LSU at home...but they also played South Carolina and us on the road. It's not a huge deal or a massive difference, but I'm fine with saying they played a slightly tougher conference slate. They played every single one of the top 7 teams in the conference, we played 6 of them.

Todd4State
05-23-2016, 03:08 PM
A team that wins its conference should be ahead of one that doesn't.

smootness
05-23-2016, 03:11 PM
A team that wins its conference should be ahead of one that doesn't.

Not necessarily. I have no problem with the ranking. And it doesn't matter. At all.

Todd4State
05-23-2016, 03:41 PM
Not necessarily. I have no problem with the ranking. And it doesn't matter. At all.

Even though they lost to Sam Houston State midweek and went 2-2 on the week?

Sounds like a team that should be #1 to me.**

smootness
05-23-2016, 03:44 PM
Even though they lost to Sam Houston State midweek and went 2-2 on the week?

Sounds like a team that should be #1 to me.**

Sure. I also wouldn't have a problem with us or Miami.

maroonmania
05-23-2016, 03:51 PM
I didn't really have any problem with them putting TA&M ahead of us although I wasn't crazy about their writeup why. The head-to-head stuff I understand but then they tried to downplay the SEC title by saying the schedules were unbalanced. BUT, A&M and MSU played the exact same teams this year except that they played South Carolina and we played Florida. Well that's a virtual wash so we were one game better against essentially the exact schedule.

OK, I will backtrack on my comment. I just realized that A&M did in fact play FL and got swept (not sure how I forgot that). And we played Missouri so they did play the all the best out of the East whereas we missed having to play South Carolina. But like I said, I really didn't have a problem with A&M being ranked ahead of us anyway.

MarketingBully
05-23-2016, 04:18 PM
We were the only team in the country that won a series at Vandy and Florida. A&M can't say that. I think our schedule is a touch harder then theirs. They only ranked them ahead of us because they swept us but going 2-2 last week shouldn't have vaulted them to #1. I think it should have been Miami then us then A&M. Of course we get to prove it this week so if we win the conference tournament, we should be the #1 overall seed and would deserve it.

MedDawg
05-23-2016, 04:33 PM

See, that's not logical. If anyone wants to compare conference records outside of our head-to-head series, then do that. Outside of our head-to-head series, we weren't even with A&M, we were FOUR games better than A&M.

Todd4State
05-23-2016, 04:45 PM
Sure. I also wouldn't have a problem with us or Miami.

Well you are just as wrong as they are then.

smootness
05-23-2016, 05:32 PM
Well you are just as wrong as they are then.

Haha ok. So everyone except Perfect Game is just wrong. Got it. Not like we're dealing with opinions or anything.

As to the claim that we were the only ones to win at Vandy and Florida...well, A&M was the only team to win at us...so...

Matt3467
05-23-2016, 06:03 PM
I still don't believe A&M ranked ahead of us just because they swept us is a good enough reason. We won the series vs FLA; yet A&M got swept by them.

smootness
05-23-2016, 06:09 PM
I still don't believe A&M ranked ahead of us just because they swept us is a good enough reason. We won the series vs FLA; yet A&M got swept by them.

They're ahead of us because the voters think still think they're better. Simple as that.

It really does not matter.