PDA

View Full Version : Question about Reliant Stadium...

CadaverDawg
08-19-2013, 10:41 PM
I was hoping to take my good camera to the Kickoff Classic to take some pics for the board since I wouldn't be able to go without EliteDawgs.

So my question is, can I take my camera into Reliant? And if so, can I take it on the sideline Pregame? I haven't ever tried to take a camera into a game before, so as stupid as the question might be, I have no idea what the policy is on them.

Any help is appreciated

TaleofTwoDogs
08-19-2013, 11:04 PM
This is the only thing I found on this issue from the Reliant Park webb site:

Camera Policy -
A camera policy is determined by each show, and therefore varies from event to event. Small, point and shoot cameras are allowed for Houston Texans games and RodeoHouston events. No audio or video recorders are allowed for any event.

Hope that helps.

CadaverDawg
08-19-2013, 11:09 PM
Thanks, I guess mine could be considered a small point and shoot. I can hang it around my neck, so who knows. Thanks for that info though.

Political Hack
08-20-2013, 07:27 AM
bring it. you'll be fine. and take 1,000 pics for the site. I want to see Mullen's knuckle hairs.

CadaverDawg
08-20-2013, 07:38 AM
bring it. you'll be fine. and take 1,000 pics for the site. I want to see Mullen's knuckle hairs.

No doubt. I couldn't be more excited about the sideline passes. It's going to be legit. Thanks again EliteDawgs

Spider-Man
08-20-2013, 07:46 AM
Thanks, I guess mine could be considered a small point and shoot. I can hang it around my neck, so who knows. Thanks for that info though.

I was able to take my Canon Rebel T3i into the Gator Bowl without an issue. Since both are NFL stadiums, I would assume they have similar policies. I'm considering taking mine to Houston as well.

CadaverDawg
08-20-2013, 07:48 AM
I was able to take my Canon Rebel T3i into the Gator Bowl without an issue. Since both are NFL stadiums, I would assume they have similar policies. I'm considering taking mine to Houston as well.

That's very similar to my camera, so that sounds good. I'm taking it.

PassInterference
08-22-2013, 04:03 PM
Stricklin's latest tweet has a link to the stadium's secruity policy. No bags or purses bigger than 11x17. No backpacks. No lenses longer than 12".

slickdawg
08-22-2013, 04:08 PM
Yep, as long as you are sporting 12" or more, you are fine. 12" CAMERA LENSES, that is.