PDA

View Full Version : OM and their "exemplary cooperation" mantra

Coach34
05-23-2016, 09:55 AM
The Mouthpieces are spreading this term to calm the masses making it seem that because they are doing what they should do the NCAA will be more lenient and accept the OM self-imposed sanctions.

We did the same thing in the Will Redmond ordeal. They still didn't accept our self-imposed sanctions.

spiral
05-23-2016, 10:07 AM
It's like that old Chris Rock joke/routine. He talks about how he hates guys who brag by saying stuff like: "I take care of my kids."
His response: "Why are you bragging @%&%... that's what your SUPPOSED to do!"

OM is seeking adulation for doing what they are supposed to do. Sad. But desperate times call for desperate measures I guess.

Bubb Rubb
05-23-2016, 10:52 AM
It's like that old Chris Rock joke/routine. He talks about how he hates guys who brag by saying stuff like: "I take care of my kids."
His response: "Why are you bragging @%&%... that's what your SUPPOSED to do!"

OM is seeking adulation for doing what they are supposed to do. Sad. But desperate times call for desperate measures I guess.

^^This is a great point. You should post more.

QuadrupleOption
05-23-2016, 10:53 AM
I look at like a kid getting caught doing something bad by his Father. He might own up to it, and he might tell the truth, but if it's bad enough he's still getting his ass whipped.

Brando
05-23-2016, 11:09 AM
People have to get it on their mind that the 1st letter is not going to kill them like the 2nd will. The 2nd letter is what will be the downfall of those dumbasses! They will come out and act like its all overwith with the 1st letter.

starkvegasdawg
05-23-2016, 11:15 AM
Any chance when things are released the NCAA drops a nugget suggesting that more is still to come?

maroonmania
05-23-2016, 11:21 AM
Yea, but this is a big deal since the Bears are now cooperating 3 years into the investigation.***

Coach34
05-23-2016, 11:25 AM
Any chance when things are released the NCAA drops a nugget suggesting that more is still to come?

Thats not normally how the NCAA works. It will have to be OTL, Forde, or another national guy breaking the story again. OM and their fans are going to deny, deny, deny until they can't anymore. Then they will change their story about how it was common knowledge and they knew all along. I'm hoping they will send us another fake letter so we will know the process has started

Goldendawg
05-23-2016, 11:37 AM
Back to the Will Redmond deal. I thought the lost year and a half on the field was what we offered. Did our self imposed suggestion for punishment contain less? I 've read many posts on this board complaining that we suggested what we got and the NCAA accepted. If this was the NCAA's decision, we need to stop blaming Bracky. Just wondering.

Coach34
05-23-2016, 11:38 AM
No- we self-imposed 1 season for Will. The NCAA added 5 more games

AlmostPositive
05-23-2016, 11:40 AM
The problem is, Tunsil did most of the "exemplary cooperation"

starkvegasdawg
05-23-2016, 11:40 AM
For how Redmond got prison raped it is going to be a shame if they get off lightly even on this first letter.

starkvegasdawg
05-23-2016, 11:42 AM
Thats not normally how the NCAA works. It will have to be OTL, Forde, or another national guy breaking the story again. OM and their fans are going to deny, deny, deny until they can't anymore. Then they will change their story about how it was common knowledge and they knew all along. I'm hoping they will send us another fake letter so we will know the process has started

What I figured. I just was hoping for something so that the bears can't start crowing that it is all over and nothing else is coming. Just some little blurb to let them know that they're about to have a whole new appreciation for the word "violated".

PassInterference
05-23-2016, 11:45 AM

ZING

Bubb Rubb
05-23-2016, 11:47 AM
For how Redmond got prison raped it is going to be a shame if they get off lightly even on this first letter.

"Lightly" is a very relative term.

No matter what they get, we are going to complain that it wasn't enough. Many important people have been thinking USC-type sanctions (3/30, bowl bans, etc.) even before the draft day stuff came up. Everyone has to patiently await due process to complete for the newer stuff. In the meantime, it has to remain a national story so Ole Miss can't bury it. Round 2 is going to be nothing less than a nuclear bomb on their program, I believe. We just have to be patient and not buy the spin after the first round of info is released.

PassInterference
05-23-2016, 11:48 AM
Don't forget what happened on the last game of Tunsil's self-imposed suspension. Is there any coincidence that the last game of Tunsil's self-imposed suspension was a loss to Memphis? Ole Miss lost to Memphis and thought to themselves "holy shit its falling apart - we've got to right the ship damn the torpedoes".

Looks obvious that Ole Miss did what it had to do to get the season back on track and just crossed their fingers on the NCAA agreeing it was enough.

Bubb Rubb
05-23-2016, 11:57 AM
Don't forget what happened on the last game of Tunsil's self-imposed suspension. Is there any coincidence that the last game of Tunsil's self-imposed suspension was a loss to Memphis? Ole Miss lost to Memphis and thought to themselves "holy shit its falling apart - we've got to right the ship damn the torpedoes".

Looks obvious that Ole Miss did what it had to do to get the season back on track and just crossed their fingers on the NCAA agreeing it was enough.

This is a very important point. The Ole Miss narrative is that they negotiated a 7 game suspension with the NCAA for Tunsil, and then it was over. The truth is that the suspension length, and when to lift the suspension, was totally their own call. After the fact, the NCAA can and will determine whether it was enough or not.

maroonmania
05-23-2016, 12:14 PM
This is a very important point. The Ole Miss narrative is that they negotiated a 7 game suspension with the NCAA for Tunsil, and then it was over. The truth is that the suspension length, and when to lift the suspension, was totally their own call. After the fact, the NCAA can and will determine whether it was enough or not.

Seriously, how much money should Tunsil have needed from agents when he was getting money funneled to him from the UNM coaches????

PassInterference
05-23-2016, 12:21 PM

Yep.

And as for proof I submit to you that if the NCAA had approved of this, Ole Miss would have released something stating that. Given their need for any and all positive NCAA news, they surely would have officially told us if the NCAA actually approved this.

Really Clark?
05-23-2016, 01:37 PM
Hey guys y'all know I've posted a lot about UNM and the investigations but y'all are mixing up time lines. UNM did release a statement and picked up and verified by ESPN, etc that Tunsil's suspension was being lift by the NCAA and this was done prior to the Memphis game. Not after.

Now the fact he was still talking to agents while suspended for infractions, including questions about his connections with agents, should get the program looked at even harder for at least lack of monitoring the atheletes.

BB30
05-23-2016, 05:02 PM
"Lightly" is a very relative term.

No matter what they get, we are going to complain that it wasn't enough. Many important people have been thinking USC-type sanctions (3/30, bowl bans, etc.) even before the draft day stuff came up. Everyone has to patiently await due process to complete for the newer stuff. In the meantime, it has to remain a national story so Ole Miss can't bury it. Round 2 is going to be nothing less than a nuclear bomb on their program, I believe. We just have to be patient and not buy the spin after the first round of info is released.

I really hope you are right. My question is why after 3 years of investigation could they not have handled everything in one big NOA. I know the academic fraud and things prior could be part of the reason. But, if the Tunsil stuff is in this you would think everything else from the last three years would be as well. This is what makes me think that they will either get pounded this go around or skate off lightly.

Liverpooldawg
05-23-2016, 05:20 PM
I really hope you are right. My question is why after 3 years of investigation could they not have handled everything in one big NOA. I know the academic fraud and things prior could be part of the reason. But, if the Tunsil stuff is in this you would think everything else from the last three years would be as well. This is what makes me think that they will either get pounded this go around or skate off lightly.
If half of the accounts are true the problem with that theory is it looks like they kept right on cheating at full throttle even while being investigated. If the NCAA couldn't do anything till it was all wrapped up then they literally never could do anything.