PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Walker Brings It

BeastMan
05-23-2016, 08:18 AM
A Look at the Editorial Process of a Newspaper
http://bulldogsportsradio.com/episode/13000/keep-it-100-a-look-at-the-editorial-process-of-a-newspaper/

Boodawg
05-23-2016, 08:28 AM
Can someone sum up what he said? Not listening to whole thing.

Bubb Rubb
05-23-2016, 08:40 AM
A Look at the Editorial Process of a Newspaper
http://bulldogsportsradio.com/episode/13000/keep-it-100-a-look-at-the-editorial-process-of-a-newspaper/

This show was definitely worth a listen. He trolled Ole Miss all weekend on twitter too.

confucius say
05-23-2016, 09:33 AM
Can someone sum up what he said? Not listening to whole thing.

That kellenburger is lazy and incompetent and should be fired. That he fell into a job he was not qualified for.

ScoobaDawg
05-23-2016, 09:40 AM
Holy shit... I'm 2 minutes in and this Rebel Sports radio is BRINGING IT

ScoobaDawg
05-23-2016, 09:54 AM
This is simple guys.. We need to be extremely vocal about this on all social media. Complain to the Clarion Ledger and Complain to MSU TO FORCE A CHANGE.
Hugh Kellenberger HAS TO GO. Or the Clarion Ledger HAS TO LOSE THEIR CREDENTIALS.

Original48
05-23-2016, 10:02 AM
That kellenburger is lazy and incompetent and should be fired. That he fell into a job he was not qualified for.
And a fat ass. That part was awesome.

gtowndawg
05-23-2016, 10:14 AM
Complain to MSU TO FORCE A CHANGE.
Hugh Kellenberger HAS TO GO. Or the Clarion Ledger HAS TO LOSE THEIR CREDENTIALS.

This is what I don't understand. It's very easy for Striklin to do this. Lord knows there's plenty of other ways to get information from legit Bulldog sources, INCLUDING their very own site, hailstate.com. Tell the Clarion Ledger to pound sand. It will not make one difference to any State fan so why let them in the building? It's stupid.

ScoobaDawg
05-23-2016, 10:17 AM
This is what I don't understand. It's very easy for Striklin to do this. Lord knows there's plenty of other ways to get information from legit Bulldog sources, INCLUDING their very own site, hailstate.com. Tell the Clarion Ledger to pound sand. It will not make one difference to any State fan so why let them in the building? It's stupid.

MSU fans need to force the issue.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
05-23-2016, 10:28 AM
Solid programming by BSR, they just gained a new listener.

lefty96
05-23-2016, 10:34 AM
This is simple guys.. We need to be extremely vocal about this on all social media. Complain to the Clarion Ledger and Complain to MSU TO FORCE A CHANGE.

I really don't see why Stricklin just doesn't pull their media credentials. It's 2016, we don't need the state newspaper to get by.

Westdawg
05-23-2016, 10:36 AM
Hot dang!!!! That man just straight knocked it out the park!!!!!
I am now a fan of this guy!!!!

Somebody in position of power at MSU -HOLD THE CLARION LEDGER ACCOUNTABLE. WE WILL NOT LET THIS GO

Bama_Dawg
05-23-2016, 10:39 AM
Pulling credentials is a douche move. The MSU fans around MS and the country have to make the 'Liar shut it down. The university should not be involved. They are effected, but we as fans have to step up on this one.

Westdawg
05-23-2016, 10:43 AM
Bama dawg,
You're right. We as a united group need to publicly force a change.

maroonmania
05-23-2016, 10:48 AM

Sorry, not for one minute do I think that headline didn't say EXACTLY what Hugh Kellenberger wanted it to say. Kellenberger is an UNM ultra-homer (not much question at this point) and that headline was 100% approved (probably written) by him to throw a turd in the punchbowl of MSU's SEC baseball championship. Would really have to be na?ve at this point to believe anything different.

Boodawg
05-23-2016, 10:52 AM
After seeing some of your posts, I had to go listen to it in full. He did hit it out of the park. Do we think any further actions will take place? Like at least a reprimand of HK?

lefty96
05-23-2016, 10:55 AM
Bama dawg,
You're right. We as a united group need to publicly force a change.

The issue is most of the CL's business comes from old ladies clipping coupons and doing the jumble. . .not college sports fans.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
05-23-2016, 10:56 AM
Brandon is bringing it this morning....First two minutes is/are GOLD!!!

Brando
05-23-2016, 11:05 AM
This is freakin awesome! "I just went to Memphis and adopted the biggest kid I could find! Well, take him back!" Hahaha!!!!

spiral
05-23-2016, 11:11 AM
Every State fan should consider the old quote: "All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing."

Jarius
05-23-2016, 11:17 AM
We have a large enough fanbase to force change at that paper. Any MSU fan that still has a subscription to that paper is being ridiculous. It's 2016 and they offer nothing that you can't get on 6 other websites (for free might I add). There is no reason not to cancel.

AusTexDawg
05-23-2016, 12:46 PM
Pulling credentials is a douche move. The university should not be involved.

Agree. As government entities, neither MSU nor TSUN should attempt to censor media coverage with which they disagree, which is what a revocation of all of the CL's sports credentials would be in this case.

If you're looking for an alternative, the Commercial Dispatch has probably the best beat coverage of any traditional print media outlet and has written some really nice profiles on players throughout the year.

Political Hack
05-23-2016, 12:59 PM
Well Walker grabbed the refrigerator moment because I'll now listen to his show. Nailed it. Love this guy.

War Machine Dawg
05-23-2016, 01:36 PM

Like I said last night, everyone needs to tweet, email, or call Scott and ask him when the CL's media credentials will be revoked. Enough is enough. It's time to play hardball and show them who needs who. In the world of new media, there are tons of other options. They can either start covering us fairly or be shut out.

JDog13
05-23-2016, 01:56 PM
Us message board people are the lunatic fringe. It would take a large section of the fan base to drop them, and it's just not gonna happen. Voice your displeasure and drop your subs. In the end, it won't change a thing.

lefty96
05-23-2016, 02:17 PM
Us message board people are the lunatic fringe. It would take a large section of the fan base to drop them, and it's just not gonna happen. Voice your displeasure and drop your subs. In the end, it won't change a thing.

The cross section of Internet message board users and newspaper subscribers isn't substantial enough to even move the needle for the clarion ledger. By all means quit giving them your money, but it isn't going to change squat.

maroonmania
05-23-2016, 03:54 PM

You are correct, not enough folks will do something about them to make a difference. For myself, I would start boycotting them except for the fact that I was already boycotting them.

smootness
05-23-2016, 04:04 PM
Every State fan should consider the old quote: "All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing."

Oh geez.

Todd4State
05-23-2016, 04:43 PM
Pulling credentials is a douche move. The MSU fans around MS and the country have to make the 'Liar shut it down. The university should not be involved. They are effected, but we as fans have to step up on this one.

I can tell you for a fact the St. Louis Cardinals have pulled credentials before. And it worked pretty well.

sandwolf
05-23-2016, 05:01 PM
Oh geez.

Granted, the post you quoted is over the top, but don't you live in Georgia? Because you sure are quick to jump in and make light of the fact that the state's only major newspaper takes shots at us every chance they get.....pretty easy to make comments like 'Yall care way too much about that newspaper.' or whatever you said in a different thread when you don't live here and don't have to put up with it. I'm not trying to be a dick because you are generally a solid poster, but I have seen you weigh in on this topic a few times acting like everyone is being ridiculous and it comes across as pompous and arrogant when you don't even live here.

If I am remembering wrong and you do live in MS, then my apologies. Otherwise, stop acting like State fans that live here are being petty for wanting the only state wide newspaper to treat us with a little ****ing respect.

Liverpooldawg
05-23-2016, 05:32 PM
Agree. As government entities, neither MSU nor TSUN should attempt to censor media coverage with which they disagree, which is what a revocation of all of the CL's sports credentials would be in this case.

If you're looking for an alternative, the Commercial Dispatch has probably the best beat coverage of any traditional print media outlet and has written some really nice profiles on players throughout the year.

So we should help them provide unwarranted negative coverage of ourselves? I don't think so. That isn't censorship. That is holding them accountable for what they do.

Dolphus Raymond
05-23-2016, 05:33 PM
Ok I just listened to it and it will go down in MSU history as an "epoch making event". Damn I would hate to be Kellenburger.

Boodawg
05-23-2016, 05:33 PM
I'm so tired of OM fans posing as state fans calling these sports shows and telling state fans they shouldn't make a big deal about this kind of stuff. What a bunch of losers and posers. I couldn't find it in me to call myself an OM fan if I wasn't and I bet half that call in are posers. Blows my mind. Heard one on the 105.9 the zone today. Idiots.

DancingRabbit
05-23-2016, 05:35 PM
As others have said, I don't think Scott should pull their credentials. To those outside the state, I think it would appear petty.

Needs to be fans on social media, fansite media and other media to shame them into cleaning up their act - and a good first move would be to let Kellenberger go.

Nothing wrong coaches or PR folks like Carskadon taking an occasional appropriate pot-shot at them though.

"SEE CHAMPIONS, 2B"
http://www.hailstate.com/fls/16800/pdf/bb/bb_2016secchamps_poster.pdf

War Machine Dawg
05-23-2016, 06:09 PM
You are correct, not enough folks will do something about them to make a difference. For myself, I would start boycotting them except for the fact that I was already boycotting them.

Yep. Dear Ol State fans: Get pissed, bitch a while, continue letting the pimp beat the shit out of you.

War Machine Dawg
05-23-2016, 06:10 PM
As others have said, I don't think Scott should pull their credentials. To those outside the state, I think it would appear petty.

Needs to be fans on social media, fansite media and other media to shame them into cleaning up their act - and a good first move would be to let Kellenberger go.

Nothing wrong coaches or PR folks like Carskadon taking an occasional appropriate pot-shot at them though.

"SEE CHAMPIONS, 2B"

Why should we give two shits how it looks? Plenty of others have done it and no one has cared or noticed.

War Machine Dawg
05-23-2016, 06:11 PM
So we should help them provide unwarranted negative coverage of ourselves? I don't think so. That isn't censorship. That is holding them accountable for what they do.

Bingo. These asshats don't know the difference in censorship and accountability. Censorship: Print what we want or get shut down. Accountability: Print what you want but we reserve the right to respond accordingly, i.e. pulling media credentials.

JDog13
05-23-2016, 06:40 PM
Yep. Dear Ol State fans: Get pissed, bitch a while, continue letting the pimp beat the shit out of you.

Yes

BrunswickDawg
05-23-2016, 06:59 PM
The best part is that he sounds like John C. Reilly. Makes me think I have Cal Naughton, Jr. Telling me about MSU.

Liverpooldawg
05-23-2016, 08:10 PM

"SEE CHAMPIONS, 2B"

Most people IN Mississippi won't care or for that matter even hear about it. I seriously doubt anyone outside the state will care. In the unlikely event they hear of it they will just be shocked that there are enough people here who can read to even support a paper.

Reason2succeed
05-23-2016, 08:53 PM
Pulling the CL's credentials is not censorship. They will still be able to write about MSU sporting events. They just won't get the access that reputable media get...BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT REPUTABLE.

I get so sick of posters who act like nothing in the world can change and be better. If it where up to cowards like you America would still be a colony of England. Women wouldn't be able to vote. Black people would still be slaves. Children would still work in sweatshops. And OM would still be winning national championships decided by their media outlet of choice for that year.

Grow a pair. We just won a SEC Championship and got straight punked by the CL who made it seem like OM gave it to us. Y'all are worried about seeming petty? Let it have been Alabama, LSU, Florida, or Texas. Heads would be rolling and it would be a feature story on ESPN.

If there is one thing that we need to learn from those obnoxious nitwits up north who love their boat shoes and bow ties, it is that image is powerful. For many people perception IS reality. It doesn't matter that State has dominated OM in sports if the media outlets continue to broadcast that they are superior. Sheep will believe what they read.

redstickdawg
05-23-2016, 09:19 PM
Pulling the CL's credentials is not censorship. They will still be able to write about MSU sporting events. They just won't get the access that reputable media get...BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT REPUTABLE.

I get so sick of posters who act like nothing in the world can change and be better. If it where up to cowards like you America would still be a colony of England. Women wouldn't be able to vote. Black people would still be slaves. Children would still work in sweatshops. And OM would still be winning national championships decided by their media outlet of choice for that year.

Grow a pair. We just won a SEC Championship and got straight punked by the CL who made it seem like OM gave it to us. Y'all are worried about seeming petty? Let it have been Alabama, LSU, Florida, or Texas. Heads would be rolling and it would be a feature story on ESPN.

If there is one thing that we need to learn from those obnoxious nitwits up north who love their boat shoes and bow ties, it is that image is powerful. For many people perception IS reality. It doesn't matter that State has dominated OM in sports if the medicra outlets continue to broadcast that they are superior. Sheep will believe what they read.

One definition of insanity is to keep doing the same over and over and expecting different results. This is exemplified with the clarion rebel coverage MSU, I can remember when I would read GP 18 years ago and people would complain about unfair treatment from the cr and we did nothing and not surprisingly nothing has changed still the same shitty coverage. Now is the time that we have an indisputable case of biased coverage and if we do not at least suspend their credentials for the regional we are really sheep.

War Machine Dawg
05-23-2016, 09:39 PM

If there is one thing that we need to learn from those obnoxious nitwits up north who love their boat shoes and bow ties, it is that image is powerful. For many people perception IS reality. It doesn't matter that State has dominated OM in sports if the media outlets continue to broadcast that they are superior. Sheep will believe what they read.

Since I "must spread some Reputation around...":
http://i.imgur.com/eslTVBJ.gif

jbjones
05-23-2016, 09:53 PM
those obnoxious nitwits up north

That's one Hell of a Nickleback cover band name.

Otherwise, I agree; Muchos rep to you.

Jarius
05-24-2016, 08:15 AM
The editor of the CL admitted that they got restricted access on 3 reporters at Ole Miss and look at how they cover them. It works. They are the Ole Miss mouthpiece and they are that way because Ole Miss will shut their ass out if they aren't. I don't even want them to be our mouthpiece. I just want them to be competent.

Bubb Rubb
05-24-2016, 08:27 AM
The editor of the CL admitted that they got restricted access on 3 reporters at Ole Miss and look at how they cover them. It works. They are the Ole Miss mouthpiece and they are that way because Ole Miss will shut their ass out if they aren't. I don't even want them to be our mouthpiece. I just want them to be competent.

The hot rumor I've heard is that this is why McReady moved on. His access was restricted due to the draft night shenanigans.

BulldogBear
05-24-2016, 08:41 AM

Man alive, this guy gets it!! ^^^^^

AusTexDawg
05-24-2016, 09:05 AM
Bingo. These asshats don't know the difference in censorship and accountability. Censorship: Print what we want or get shut down. Accountability: Print what you want but we reserve the right to respond accordingly, i.e. pulling media credentials.

If State were a private school, I personally wouldn't be thrilled with them pulling credentials in this situation because I think it would look amateurish, but I wouldn't oppose it on principle. However, State is a public institution. Government entities should try to be as open and transparent as is reasonable. I wouldn't want any of the public schools in any state to pull credentials from a news organization if the journalists were investigating misuse of public funds or academic fraud, so why would I want to do that over sports coverage.

For those that want to boycott or organize a social media campaign against the CL, I hope you succeed.

Jarius
05-24-2016, 09:08 AM
The hot rumor I've heard is that this is why McReady moved on. His access was restricted due to the draft night shenanigans.

Probably so. Neal is very thin skinned and it could have taken much less than that for him to move on though.

MSUDawg99
05-24-2016, 09:13 AM
Probably so. Neal is very thin skinned and it could have taken much less than that for him to move on though.

Well from what one of the UM scout.com folks said last week on Jake's show was that Neal wasn't moving on...it was rumored that he was, but that rumor wasn't true. I'm confused now. Is he gone or not?

Reason2succeed
05-24-2016, 09:42 AM
If State were a private school, I personally wouldn't be thrilled with them pulling credentials in this situation because I think it would look amateurish, but I wouldn't oppose it on principle. However, State is a public institution. Government entities should try to be as open and transparent as is reasonable. I wouldn't want any of the public schools in any state to pull credentials from a news organization if the journalists were investigating misuse of public funds or academic fraud, so why would I want to do that over sports coverage.

For those that want to boycott or organize a social media campaign against the CL, I hope you succeed.

We are not covering up misuse of public funds or academic fraud. That would be OM. They have the Mississippi media afraid to even ask them simple questions about their on-going NCAA investigation.

If OM really blocked credentials for McReady for asking Tunsil the most obvious question on Draft night then we had better block credentials for screwing State repeatedly in their coverage. How many apologies are we going to accept?

AusTexDawg, you live right up the road from me because I'm in Houston. You should know very well that most people outside of Mississippi have an inflated view of Ole Miss and some can't even recognize MSU. I get so sick of that crap when I know that we have been as good as if not better than them in practically every sport for the last 25 years. But that is all you can expect when they get lumped into our winning the SEC Championship.

We should stop at nothing to project our image and establish our brand. It starts with making sure that we get the proper respect from our hometown media outlets. If we allow this from the CL we can't get mad when ESPN calls us a cow college or denigrates in some other way. They are getting it from the CL.

We need to push Stricklin to block credentials or some other form of reprimand on the Clarion Ledger.

lefty96
05-24-2016, 09:42 AM

This. It's not like the legislature banning the press. MSU wouldn't be pulling credentials for reporting facts - hell if anything it is for not reporting facts. Boycott's don't work, they just don't. Hell on this subject alone, how many here have either cancelled the CL or dropped following them on social media or both? I see no issue with MSU saying they don't like the way the paper covers the school so we aren't going to go out of our way to help you. Eff 'em I say.

Political Hack
05-24-2016, 10:44 AM

Yep.

Political Hack
05-24-2016, 10:59 AM
This. It's not like the legislature banning the press. MSU wouldn't be pulling credentials for reporting facts - hell if anything it is for not reporting facts. Boycott's don't work, they just don't. Hell on this subject alone, how many here have either cancelled the CL or dropped following them on social media or both? I see no issue with MSU saying they don't like the way the paper covers the school so we aren't going to go out of our way to help you. Eff 'em I say.

Yep. They're free to print their paper. We're free to tell them to kiss our rear.

War Machine Dawg
05-24-2016, 11:42 AM

http://i.imgur.com/yNtKCsC.gif

Reason2succeed
05-24-2016, 12:55 PM
I just sent an email to Scott Stricklin. Here is what I wrote.
Dear Scott Stricklin,
Congratulations to you, the athletic department, and the 2016 SEC champion MSU baseball team. All of your hard work is paying off.

It is a shame that our state newspaper would so rudely disrespect our program by giving Ole Miss credit in the headline and not making this accomplishment the front page story. I am asking you to prayerfully consider limiting the Clarion Ledger's media credentials or in some other way reprimanding them for their egregious error. In a vacuum this could be seen as a mistake or an oversight but this has been a repeated offense. On the Elitedawgs message board there was actually a thread predicting that the Clarion Ledger would do this exact thing on the Saturday night before.

Mississippi State works hard to be a championship program and it is unfortunate that the largest paper in our home state would repeatedly disrespect us to the point that it is now expected by many in our fanbase. This cannot be tolerated any longer. I live in Houston, TX and I am tired of meeting people who cannot distinguish us from Ole Miss. It is no wonder when the Clarion Ledger goes out of their way to thank the Rebels for an accomplishment that belonged to our baseball team and our baseball team alone.

I believe that if we hold the Clarion Ledger accountable they will learn that Mississippi State is not to be trifled with. It is one thing to accept an apology and forgive but consequences cannot be avoided. Frankly, the Clarion Ledger has allowed Hugh Kellenburger, who is at best incompetent and at worst an Ole Miss homer, to repeatedly slight our program only to offer an apology later. Image matters. Perception is reality and it affects our future recruiting, enrollment, and the stature of our beloved university. If Hugh Kellenburger cannot respectfully project the image of the program that you have helped build then let him do his journalistic work from a distance until he figures it out.

Please reprimand the Clarion Ledger and make a public statement acknowledging it.

Bleeding maroon and white,
[Reason2succeed]

msbulldog
05-24-2016, 12:58 PM
Really like it!