PDA

View Full Version : Potentially a big day for MSU baseball today

Todd4State
05-22-2016, 11:02 PM
We may move up to #1 in some polls and one of our players may win the Ferriss.

smootness
05-22-2016, 11:11 PM
It will be interesting. I won't be surprised either way. Florida lost their series and A&M lost one to Ole Miss and one to Sam Houston St. Wouldn't be shocked if we jump them. But if you're just going by results from the week, not sure if sweeping Arkansas is enough to overtake Miami and their series win over FSU.

But we may get the extra bump from winning the SEC.

AlmostPositive
05-22-2016, 11:24 PM
Several schools have better talent or better records. We have a better TEAM.

smootness
05-22-2016, 11:35 PM
Several schools have better talent or better records. We have a better TEAM.

I'm not sure about that. Our team is loaded. Florida, you may have an argument. After that, I'll put us up against anybody.

Commercecomet24
05-22-2016, 11:44 PM
I'm not sure about that. Our team is loaded. Florida, you may have an argument. After that, I'll put us up against anybody.

I agree. Early in the year I thought Florida and AM were more talented. I don't believe that anymore. We have as much talent as anyone in the country and the team is peaking at the right time! These boys are good!

AlmostPositive
05-22-2016, 11:59 PM
Florida has better pitching talent... A&M may have better hitting/slugging talent... not familiar with Miami other than to know they have waded through the ACC but lost a series to Florida. But right now no one has guys playing better or winning more, which last time I checked is what it's all about.

Todd4State
05-23-2016, 12:20 AM
I think our team might be similar to the 2013 team when we look back and realize how many potential MLB guys are on the team.

smootness
05-23-2016, 12:58 AM
I think our team might be similar to the 2013 team when we look back and realize how many potential MLB guys are on the team.

I think it's better than that team.

BayouDawg
05-23-2016, 01:03 AM

Overall I think his years team is better. I would definitely take the '13 bullpen and middle infield over this years though

MarketingBully
05-23-2016, 02:33 AM
Yeah, I think Dakota should be a shooin to get the Ferris award. I think if we make a good showing in the SEC tournament we could be the #1 overall seed. We will have the chance having a potential matchup with Florida on Thursday. Should be a fun week in Hoover. Promises to be a great tournament.

smootness
05-23-2016, 03:39 AM
Overall I think his years team is better. I would definitely take the '13 bullpen and middle infield over this years though

Sure, but having this year's rotation outweighs the bullpen advantage.

Todd4State
05-23-2016, 07:29 AM
#2 in Baseball America. Behind Texas A&M. That poll is FOS.

SouthMSDog
05-23-2016, 08:06 AM
#2 in Baseball America. Behind Texas A&M. That poll is FOS.

Agreed. All of the talent has been poached from there in recent years. It used to be my go to, now it is essentially Perfect Game.

HSVDawg
05-23-2016, 09:16 AM

Me too. This team has 6 of the top 30 batting averages in the SEC, with 2 of the top 5 as well as the overall batting champ. Add that to 2 weekend starters who will be top 5 round draft selections as well as other draft picks in the pen like Brown, Houston, and Humphries and that is a hell of a lot of talent.

BayouDawg
05-23-2016, 10:22 AM
Sure, but having this year's rotation outweighs the bullpen advantage.

Definitely, Graveman was all we had in '13 as far as true starters go. this years hitting is way better top to bottom. I was just saying the only two areas the '13 team was better was the bullpen and the middle infield

breazy
05-23-2016, 10:25 AM
another major difference b/w this years team and '13......The baseballs, I still wonder if the champ series would have turned out different w/ todays baseballs instead of the dead balls.

maroonmania
05-23-2016, 10:25 AM

And Florida doesn't match us offensively. I think the numbers bear that out.

BayouDawg
05-23-2016, 10:34 AM
another major difference b/w this years team and '13......The baseballs, I still wonder if the champ series would have turned out different w/ todays baseballs instead of the dead balls.

Yea renfroe might have hit 20 homes with the new balls. The main thing about the championship series was we gave free passes to a team that was hitting .190 in the CWS.