PDA

View Full Version : 40-14-1

CadaverDawg
05-22-2016, 12:01 AM
Just Damn. That's impressive. We had a brutal schedule this year and won 40 games before the SEC Tourney. I'm speechless.

Hats off to Cohen & crew for bringing in the talent and coaching em up....and hats off to the players for getting it done. Veterans wiped out last year, worked hard over the summer, & came back on a mission. First year guys came in looking to contribute right away....from key guys like Mangum, Lowe, & Kruger...to good team guys like Gordon, Marrero, etc. So proud of the way this group of coaches brought together a mixed bag of players, and got them to play as a unit. These players embraced the mission and seemed to put classification, veteran status, experience, & ego aside with the common goal of winning at a high level. It has been so much fun to watch.

There's still a greater mission out there, and it will take a combo of great play and a little luck to win the Natty....but I have already enjoyed this team so much. I think this group has just enough "not willing to lose" to possibly win the whole damn thing. Should be a fun month ahead of us, boys.

Hail. Damn. State.

Let's eat!

Commercecomet24
05-22-2016, 12:04 AM
Great post! This has been one of the most enjoyable seasons I can remember! This team has been exciting and fun to watch and winners! Great job by players and coaches! Go get a natty!

#HailState

JohnnyQuid
05-22-2016, 12:08 AM
the more I think about it kruger was really vital this year. blistering hot early in the year was doubles /rbi machine. when sec play started he went into a real bad slump and honestly I wasn't sure he could handle sec pitching. we didn't play him much and marerro got hot for a little bit. soon as marerro cooled kruger got his shot and made the most of it. guy obviously didn't pout about being sat, just kept grinding and got better. really like him as the 2 guy in our lineup.

Liverpooldawg
05-22-2016, 12:33 AM
I'm not really a baseball fan but it's been fun keeping up with it this year. I was there tonight. I was a bit disappointed in the size of the crowd given what was at stake but it was fun for sure. The huge ovation for the Ole Miss win was just surreal. I've never seen that before at a State game. I'd love to see a bunch more over multiple sports in similar circumstances! The last time we won the SEC Title I was trying to finish up my requirements to get out of professional school so I really don't remember much about that one at all. Tonight was FUN.

JohnnyQuid
05-22-2016, 12:52 AM
I'm not really a baseball fan but it's been fun keeping up with it this year. I was there tonight. I was a bit disappointed in the size of the crowd given what was at stake but it was fun for sure. The huge ovation for the Ole Miss win was just surreal. I've never seen that before at a State game. I'd love to see a bunch more over multiple sports in similar circumstances! The last time we won the SEC Title I was trying to finish up my requirements to get out of professional school so I really don't remember much about that one at all. Tonight was FUN.

thought the crowd would be bigger too. wanted to drive over but everybody I asked had stuff going on and didn't wanna go alone. I honestly wondered if we'd win a sec title again because of how good everyone is now. takes not only being really good but alot of things to go your way . still celebrating - hell of a day!

mstatefan91
05-22-2016, 01:28 AM
thought the crowd would be bigger too. wanted to drive over but everybody I asked had stuff going on and didn't wanna go alone. I honestly wondered if we'd win a sec title again because of how good everyone is now. takes not only being really good but alot of things to go your way . still celebrating - hell of a day!

I was there today, ALONE. Your excuse it not valid and a major contributor to why people don't come to baseball games.

Hail State

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
05-22-2016, 01:35 AM
Nice post CD....well said. Too drunk to reply with any sense right now but I agree with your post. Hail State!......Hell Yeah!!!!

blacklistedbully
05-22-2016, 01:35 AM
So damn proud of our Bulldogs!

Now CDawg, how 'bout some love, dude? Preseason I predicted 41 wins before the SECT. Only reason we didn't get 41 was the cancelled game vs UT-Martin.

JohnnyQuid
05-22-2016, 02:07 AM
I was there today, ALONE. Your excuse it not valid and a major contributor to why people don't come to baseball games.

Hail State

you're right it's an excuse - can u blame people who don't wanna drive several hours alone to watch a game alone? I mean I've done it but I don't prefer it.

I'll be there the next 2 weekends after the sec tourny. haven't missed a regional / super at the dude in a while.

glad u went today and even happier u got to see a sec title won

mstatefan91
05-22-2016, 02:16 AM
you're right it's an excuse - can u blame people who don't wanna drive several hours alone to watch a game alone? I mean I've done it but I don't prefer it.

I'll be there the next 2 weekends after the sec tourny. haven't missed a regional / super at the dude in a while.

glad u went today and even happier u got to see a sec title won
Man, we are all good. I was just pointing out the excuse. I mean, an SEC championship was on the line. Glad you'll be there going forward.

RocketDawg
05-22-2016, 04:48 AM
Just Damn. That's impressive. We had a brutal schedule this year and won 40 games before the SEC Tourney. I'm speechless.

Hats off to Cohen & crew for bringing in the talent and coaching em up....and hats off to the players for getting it done. Veterans wiped out last year, worked hard over the summer, & came back on a mission. First year guys came in looking to contribute right away....from key guys like Mangum, Lowe, & Kruger...to good team guys like Gordon, Marrero, etc. So proud of the way this group of coaches brought together a mixed bag of players, and got them to play as a unit. These players embraced the mission and seemed to put classification, veteran status, experience, & ego aside with the common goal of winning at a high level. It has been so much fun to watch.

There's still a greater mission out there, and it will take a combo of great play and a little luck to win the Natty....but I have already enjoyed this team so much. I think this group has just enough "not willing to lose" to possibly win the whole damn thing. Should be a fun month ahead of us, boys.

Hail. Damn. State.

Let's eat!

It was extremely impressive. And especially impressive is how the upper division players seemed to embrace the freshman. All the players seemed to get along well together too, as evidenced by the goings on by the players that seldom if ever saw the field when they'd show the dugout.

Bucky Dog
05-22-2016, 04:56 AM
So damn proud of our Bulldogs!

Now CDawg, how 'bout some love, dude? Preseason I predicted 41 wins before the SECT. Only reason we didn't get 41 was the cancelled game vs UT-Martin.

And lost 3 games I would love to have back. EKU, Oral Roberts, and Oklahoma tie game! Those three have bothered me all year.

djaymsu5
05-22-2016, 05:47 AM
And lost 3 games I would love to have back. EKU, Oral Roberts, and Oklahoma tie game! Those three have bothered me all year.

Me as well but if we win the natty we will laugh about it! Let's look forward cause this team is very special playing right in front of our eyes. Don't blink cause it may not come around again for a couple of years anyways. I hope I'm wrong and this is the new regular for us but damn I'm enjoying this team! #MangumIsAnAll-American

KB21
05-22-2016, 07:51 AM
The most amazing thing is how this team grew as the season went along. When this team played out in LA earlier in the year, there was still a good bit of uncertainty. I think we all knew how good teh team could be, but they clearly weren't there yet.

They way John Cohen brought this team along this year is deserving of the COY award.

GreenheadDawg
05-22-2016, 08:11 AM

I was pretty disappointed as well. My dad and I made the trip up and on the way we were discussing how many would be there. I assumed 12 or 13 thousand. I don't understand why we didn't have people standing out in the parking lot. But, I bet it will be a packed house for the regional. Regardless, it was a great night and I think this team has a lot of potential if the bullpen can hold up. I love the way this team plays

Barkman Turner Overdrive
05-22-2016, 08:28 AM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to CadaverDawg again.

Coach34
05-22-2016, 09:06 AM

While you hate to lose them- sometimes those games can end up being learning experiences that help the growth of the team. This team responded well to losses all season