PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to John Cohen and the Diamond Dawgs on being SEC CHAMPS...

War Machine Dawg
05-21-2016, 11:25 PM
Outright SEC Champs for the first time in 27 years! It's been a long damn time, but it was well worth the wait. Just wish I'd been able to watch more than a couple of innings. Anyone know where I can catch a replay?

Gotta give the biggest props to Cohen. Worst to first is absolutely unbelievable. I was just hoping to be a 2 seed this season. He went out and brought in some serious talent and had the guts to play them early. But perhaps his biggest move was bringing in Wes Johnson to replace Butch. The difference in our pitchers, not just in terms of stuff but mentally, is night and day different. He still #meddles and does his mad scientist shit and always will. It drives me nuts, but it worked more often than not this year. And to his credit, he calmed it way down compared to the last couple of years. Bottom line, he responded the way I think everyone but the closet Polk apologists wanted him to. Long may Cohen continue and bring us baseball success.

How good is Jake Mangum? He won the overall SEC batting crown as a true freshman with an unofficial .427 average. He's going to win SEC FotY going away and should probably win SEC PotY. It's just absurd how well he's played.

Hudson and Sexton have been brilliant. Pilk is solid. He got hit a little bit today, but he's still just a freshman. I got no problem running him out there against a shitty 4 seed to open up a regional. Bullpen has improved as the season has gone and become very solid. We're going to be hell to beat going forward.

Damn proud to be a Bulldog tonight! Baseball is Our Sport!

Todd4State
05-21-2016, 11:48 PM
Quietly our pitching staff is now in the top 5 in the SEC.

War Machine Dawg
05-21-2016, 11:51 PM
Quietly our pitching staff is now in the top 5 in the SEC.

Unreal. A big reason for that is Hudson and Sexton, though. We're getting 2 CGs or close to it almost every weekend out of them. Then we get Pilk and the Pen on Sundays. Still, it's damn nice to have two guys doing what Huddy & Sexton are. Guys like that on the hill win you championships.

CadaverDawg
05-21-2016, 11:51 PM
We won our 40th game of the regular season tonight. 40-14-1

Unreal. And bad ass.

Dawg61
05-22-2016, 12:02 AM
We won our 40th game of the regular season tonight. 40-14-1

Unreal. And bad ass.

Awesome! Let's get to 50 now

Dawg61
05-22-2016, 12:08 AM
Should be able to watch the replay on Watch ESPN

JohnnyQuid
05-22-2016, 12:09 AM
Unreal. A big reason for that is Hudson and Sexton, though. We're getting 2 CGs or close to it almost every weekend out of them. Then we get Pilk and the Pen on Sundays. Still, it's damn nice to have two guys doing what Huddy & Sexton are. Guys like that on the hill win you championships.

elite teams usually have a pair of guys like that. feel like it's been forever since we have - sure is nice.

War Machine Dawg
05-22-2016, 12:58 AM
elite teams usually have a pair of guys like that. feel like it's been forever since we have - sure is nice.

Exactly. The makeup of this team has me all like:
http://i.imgur.com/476KSyN.jpg

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
05-22-2016, 01:12 AM
Should be able to watch the replay on Watch ESPN

What time?

mstatefan91
05-22-2016, 01:39 AM
What time?
at this exact moment

Rexxx
05-22-2016, 10:12 AM
It's a shame this team had such bad chemistry after Cohen had to make some tough decisions right before the seasons to get down to 35. This team obviously had terrible chemistry after that.

Brando
05-22-2016, 10:26 AM
What time?

You can watch a replay anytime on the ESPNapp. Just go to the replay tab and look for it.

preachermatt83
05-22-2016, 10:12 PM
Outright SEC Champs for the first time in 27 years! It's been a long damn time, but it was well worth the wait. Just wish I'd been able to watch more than a couple of innings. Anyone know where I can catch a replay?

Gotta give the biggest props to Cohen. Worst to first is absolutely unbelievable. I was just hoping to be a 2 seed this season. He went out and brought in some serious talent and had the guts to play them early. But perhaps his biggest move was bringing in Wes Johnson to replace Butch. The difference in our pitchers, not just in terms of stuff but mentally, is night and day different. He still #meddles and does his mad scientist shit and always will. It drives me nuts, but it worked more often than not this year. And to his credit, he calmed it way down compared to the last couple of years. Bottom line, he responded the way I think everyone but the closet Polk apologists wanted him to. Long may Cohen continue and bring us baseball success.

How good is Jake Mangum? He won the overall SEC batting crown as a true freshman with an unofficial .427 average. He's going to win SEC FotY going away and should probably win SEC PotY. It's just absurd how well he's played.

Hudson and Sexton have been brilliant. Pilk is solid. He got hit a little bit today, but he's still just a freshman. I got no problem running him out there against a shitty 4 seed to open up a regional. Bullpen has improved as the season has gone and become very solid. We're going to be hell to beat going forward.

Damn proud to be a Bulldog tonight! Baseball is Our Sport!

Batting crown is not determined until conclusion of post season. Otherwise great post.