PDA

View Full Version : SEC tourney bracket & thoughts

CadaverDawg
05-21-2016, 11:24 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CjB6jNfXIAEe4_q?format=jpg&name=large

CadaverDawg
05-21-2016, 11:26 PM
I'm not overly concerned with how we do in the tourney, so I really hope to see a lot of pitchers get innings and some guys like Cody Brown, Stovall, Elih, etc to get some ab's. We're going to be in a situation where an unlikely guy will be called upon in a big spot if we're going to win the CWS...so let's do some gut checking in the SEC tourney

BulldogBear
05-22-2016, 12:10 AM
I'm not overly concerned with how we do in the tourney, so I really hope to see a lot of pitchers get innings and some guys like Cody Brown, Stovall, Elih, etc to get some ab's. We're going to be in a situation where an unlikely guy will be called upon in a big spot if we're going to win the CWS...so let's do some gut checking in the SEC tourney

Interstingly enough, do you know if we made it all the way to the final game of the CWS championship series that starting today you could play as few as 12 games if you went 0-2 in the SECT but won the rest or as many as 21 (16-5) games by going 5-1 in SECT, 4-1 thru regional, 2-1 to win Super, 4-1 thru your bracket of the CWS, then 2-1 to win it all? Just found it interesting that to achieve the same goal you could have to play as many as 9 more games. BTW, if you just won out from here you would play 14.

CadaverDawg
05-22-2016, 09:02 AM
Interstingly enough, do you know if we made it all the way to the final game of the CWS championship series that starting today you could play as few as 12 games if you went 0-2 in the SECT but won the rest or as many as 21 (16-5) games by going 5-1 in SECT, 4-1 thru regional, 2-1 to win Super, 4-1 thru your bracket of the CWS, then 2-1 to win it all? Just found it interesting that to achieve the same goal you could have to play as many as 9 more games. BTW, if you just won out from here you would play 14.

That's crazy.

CadaverDawg
05-22-2016, 09:06 AM
I think we have a good shot at a run in the SEC Tourney. Our guys should be playing loose, and if we can get a few guys not named Hudson, Sexton, or Pilk to step up...who knows.

I think you try to win it, but you protect your arms in a big way. Let guys like Small, Breaux, Cyr, etc be forced to step up for us to win it. I think you can learn a lot about who has the stones for Regionals, Super's, & Omaha in tourneys like this. This tournament will contain 7 top 10 teams in the country, which is insane. This tourney will likely have a better field than the CWS. Let's play hard, play loose, and let some guys grow up on the big stage this week.

Statefan
05-22-2016, 09:11 AM
I want Alabama
Then LSU's 3rd game pitcher vs Hudson

Hudson pitching against UF may not be bad either, a fantastic tune up after Bama/Mizzou/Aub/Ark to adjust to the caliber of team we will see in a Super and Omaha

99jc
05-22-2016, 09:19 AM
I want Alabama
Then LSU's 3rd game pitcher vs Hudson

Hudson pitching against UF may not be bad either, a fantastic tune up after Bama/Mizzou/Aub/Ark to adjust to the caliber of team we will see in a Super and Omaha

Be hard to maintain through the regionals and cws rather lose in sec than regionals or cws

miketice
05-22-2016, 09:40 AM
I guess we jus t play it out and see. I do wonder how much we will invest in the SEC tournament.I've seen us win it and it's one of my best memories.But we haven't ever been hosting a SR before it started

drunkernhelldawg
05-22-2016, 09:54 AM
I like the heck out of Cadaver's thoughts here: Use the tourney to expand our options. That pays off through the NCAA's and into next season.