PDA

View Full Version : SEC Championships since Integration

Dawg496
05-21-2016, 10:06 PM
http://i.imgur.com/jhVK468.png

"Hold that lead like you hold onto Segregation Rebels" - C34

BulldogBear
05-21-2016, 10:25 PM
I'm noticing a trend of ZERO with Ole Miss and regular season championships. The only other two schools that have ZERO regular season championships are the two that have only played four seasons.

#juggernaut #powerhouse #dominance

maroonmania
05-21-2016, 10:29 PM
http://i.imgur.com/jhVK468.png

"Hold that lead like you hold onto Segregation Rebels" - C34

Have we really won the SEC baseball tournament 11 times since integration? That's way more than I would have thought.

ckDOG
05-21-2016, 10:30 PM
RS baseball total is low

smootness
05-21-2016, 10:38 PM
Those baseball numbers are jacked.

BulldogBear
05-21-2016, 10:41 PM
I think there may have been several years that the tournament champion was considered the champ and there was no "regular season" champ. Also there was no tournament before 1977.

MedDawg
05-21-2016, 10:45 PM
nm

Liverpooldawg
05-21-2016, 10:59 PM
We shared it in 1991 with LSU, BUT we beat them both games that year. That's an outright title in my book.

Dawg496
05-21-2016, 11:03 PM
I think there may have been several years that the tournament champion was considered the champ and there was no "regular season" champ. Also there was no tournament before 1977.

This

Dawg496
05-21-2016, 11:03 PM
We shared it in 1991 with LSU, BUT we beat them both games that year. That's an outright title in my book.

Yep outright only

mic
05-21-2016, 11:42 PM
"Little Brother"...

BossDawg
05-22-2016, 12:00 AM
That's really, really pathetic considering how "superior" UM fans think they are.

RocketDawg
05-22-2016, 05:11 AM
Thought the announcers said last night that Cohen took Kentucky from last to first in the conference from one year to the next, just like he did us.

Gotta say that UK's basketball is pretty impressive.

Integration is a huge factor in basketball, almost negligible in baseball.

Reason2succeed
05-22-2016, 05:50 AM
Wow! I see why Kentucky puts so much emphasis on their basketball program. It's all they have going but they are more dominant in that than any other school in any other sport including Bama in football.

I see why we are making the investment in baseball of building a new stadium. That could solidify us as THE school for college baseball without any peers. National championships garner a lot of attention in the big three men's sports.

OM's delusion as the "flagship" is hilarious. They are only the flagship if that flag is the rebel flag from way back in the day. I see why they say "the south will rise again" because that was the only way that they could win anything. They weren't just fighting integration they were fighting for their false "dominance".

(If Mullen can just squeak out a SEC championship one year we will look great. I think that 2017 is looking good in football if we find a solid QB and RB this year.)

BossDawg
05-22-2016, 12:42 PM
This should be pinned at the top as perpetual reminder for our Yancy loverboys.

ETA: You could divide football into division and conference titles, too. That would give State another one for the outright West title in '98.

Schultzy
05-22-2016, 12:46 PM
We have a Western Division football title, just sayin.

Dawg61
05-22-2016, 01:08 PM
Wow! I see why Kentucky puts so much emphasis on their basketball program. It's all they have going but they are more dominant in that than any other school in any other sport including Bama in football.

I see why we are making the investment in baseball of building a new stadium. That could solidify us as THE school for college baseball without any peers. National championships garner a lot of attention in the big three men's sports.

OM's delusion as the "flagship" is hilarious. They are only the flagship if that flag is the rebel flag from way back in the day. I see why they say "the south will rise again" because that was the only way that they could win anything. They weren't just fighting integration they were fighting for their false "dominance".

(If Mullen can just squeak out a SEC championship one year we will look great. I think that 2017 is looking good in football if we find a solid QB and RB this year.)

100% casualty rate isn't winning or dominating