PDA

View Full Version : The meddler?

miketice
05-21-2016, 09:53 PM
making fools look like fools huh

shoeless joe
05-21-2016, 09:54 PM
How many games would this team have won with a good coach?

Coach34
05-21-2016, 09:57 PM
We were 8-22 in the SEC last year. #TheMeddler

Last in the SEC in 2015. LAST

Great rebound by Cohen. Go State

miketice
05-21-2016, 09:57 PM

I laughed

Coach34
05-21-2016, 09:58 PM

probably 24-6 in the SEC.Bringing on Wes though was huge for this coaching staff

miketice
05-21-2016, 10:04 PM
probably 24-6 in the SEC.Bringing on Wes though was huge for this coaching staff

It just looks stupid at this point c34. Stop embarrassing yourself

smootness
05-21-2016, 10:33 PM
We were 8-22 in the SEC last year. #TheMeddler

Last in the SEC in 2015. LAST

Great rebound by Cohen. Go State

First in 2016. FIRST

miketice
05-21-2016, 10:38 PM
First in 2016. FIRST

Yes. He also took us where we haven't been before ( Championship game ). And won a title we haven't won in almost 30 years. In what? A three year period?

Coach34
05-21-2016, 10:51 PM
Yes. He also took us where we haven't been before ( Championship game ). And won a title we haven't won in almost 30 years. In what? A three year period?

Cohen is also the first coach in State history to have 3 losing seasons at State since Paul Gregory had exactly 3 from 1957-1974

You have to be ******* awful to lose at Miss State

Liverpooldawg
05-21-2016, 10:54 PM
Good grief has he been like this all night? I'm glad I was at the game.

Homedawg
05-21-2016, 10:54 PM
Cohen is also the first coach in State history to have 3 losing seasons at State since Paul Gregory had exactly 3 from 1957-1974

Come on coach. With what he took over you blame him for the first two? Last year, he should own it. But the first two? We went to a war with a bottle rocket.

JohnnyQuid
05-21-2016, 10:55 PM

to be fair he wasn't left much from Polk II when he got here

miketice
05-21-2016, 11:00 PM

So he's awful now? And why you ban Engie. Bitch move

sandwolf
05-21-2016, 11:02 PM

+1

Coach34
05-21-2016, 11:04 PM
aGAIN- you have to be ****ing awful to lose at State

Cohen did what we expect from our coaches. He gets a ton of credit for 2016- absolutely. But he has had 3 losing seasons in 8 years. Im excited he is doing what we pay him to do- win

K9 Avenger
05-21-2016, 11:05 PM

+2...pathetic

pattersondawg
05-21-2016, 11:54 PM

what a petty little womanly bitch

Engine
05-22-2016, 12:00 AM
Solid points all around Coach

Intramural All-American
05-22-2016, 12:02 AM
Coach still wants him fired. He said earlier in the year that it didn't matter what he did this year, his mind would not change about wanting Cohen fired. Go ahead, Coach. Either look like a fool now and stick to your guns, or weasel your way out of this one.. Either way, you're terrible.

RougeDawg
05-22-2016, 12:56 AM
Bottom line is don't give outs away early (aka bunt) in games and let your hitters f*cking hit.

Imagine how much better we have had been over the last 7 seasons, had we been given back just half of the outs we gave away. Some of you will continue to see the headline and miss the forest for the trees for the rest of your lives and are lost causes. I call these of you the kimdashian generation. What's on right now and no relevance or knowledge of what happened yesterday. I try to put myself in those shoes but cannot fathom living with sich a simplistic a life and/or point of view.

Bottom like is this. Losing Baseball seasons at Mississippi state are equal to losing basketball seasons at Kentucky. They should never happen. Period. The meddler didn't meddle and won the SEC. That should tell everyone all they need to know. But then again, reality could slap most of you across the face like a wet dildo and you still wouldn't believe it.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
05-22-2016, 01:18 AM
aGAIN- you have to be ****ing awful to lose at State

Cohen did what we expect from our coaches. He gets a ton of credit for 2016- absolutely. But he has had 3 losing seasons in 8 years. Im excited he is doing what we pay him to do- win

No, He's had one losing season in 8 years....As stated before, the first two years were on the previous staff.

wasabaka
05-22-2016, 02:08 AM
Bottom line is don't give outs away early (aka bunt) in games and let your hitters f*cking hit.

Imagine how much better we have had been over the last 7 seasons, had we been given back just half of the outs we gave away. Some of you will continue to see the headline and miss the forest for the trees for the rest of your lives and are lost causes. I call these of you the kimdashian generation. What's on right now and no relevance or knowledge of what happened yesterday. I try to put myself in those shoes but cannot fathom living with sich a simplistic a life and/or point of view.

Bottom like is this. Losing Baseball seasons at Mississippi state are equal to losing basketball seasons at Kentucky. They should never happen. Period. The meddler didn't meddle and won the SEC. That should tell everyone all they need to know. But then again, reality could slap most of you across the face like a wet dildo and you still wouldn't believe it.

Jesus, some of you guys just don't understand baseball. "The meddler" meddled too much last year because he knew the team did not have what it took offensively to win games. We were caught in the changes the NCAA made to the ball used last year, and he was trying to manufacture every run he could. He knew that last year's team did not have the right pieces, so he tried all year long to change lineups, sac bunt, and manufacture runs. It didn't work, because last year's team did not fit what the NCAA had dictated college baseball to be. Cohen recruited the right pieces for this year, has stuck with a consistent lineup for the most part, and has withdrawn from "meddling" by sac bunting in questionable situations. Also, this has been done despite several key injuries this year that should have stopped our run to the top of the conference. All of this is due to the fact that he trusts this team offensively, and he knows that they can get the job done without any manufactured runs.

Cohen is one hell of a coach, and he is one hell of a recruiter. He bleeds Maroon and White. As far as I'm concerned, he has a job in Starkville for a very long time.

We will win a National Championship behind John Cohen. It may not be this year, although I hope it is.

ETA: Hail State! 2016 SEC Champs! #worsttofirst

Acid mouth
05-22-2016, 07:15 AM
No Mora Excuses

Todd4State
05-22-2016, 07:20 AM
Jesus, some of you guys just don't understand baseball. "The meddler" meddled too much last year because he knew the team did not have what it took offensively to win games. We were caught in the changes the NCAA made to the ball used last year, and he was trying to manufacture every run he could. He knew that last year's team did not have the right pieces, so he tried all year long to change lineups, sac bunt, and manufacture runs. It didn't work, because last year's team did not fit what the NCAA had dictated college baseball to be. Cohen recruited the right pieces for this year, has stuck with a consistent lineup for the most part, and has withdrawn from "meddling" by sac bunting in questionable situations. Also, this has been done despite several key injuries this year that should have stopped our run to the top of the conference. All of this is due to the fact that he trusts this team offensively, and he knows that they can get the job done without any manufactured runs.

Cohen is one hell of a coach, and he is one hell of a recruiter. He bleeds Maroon and White. As far as I'm concerned, he has a job in Starkville for a very long time.

We will win a National Championship behind John Cohen. It may not be this year, although I hope it is.

You get it. Well said.

AROB44
05-22-2016, 08:56 AM
Cohen will be our baseball coach for a very very ling time.....regardless of what C34 (and his "big money folks") think or say. Plus, I question his "big money" connections .... don't think it is a majority in any case.

lefty96
05-22-2016, 11:41 AM
I love how binary the Internet makes people. We were awful last year. Period. The start of this season gave many, myself included, pause. Cohen can be a good coach and still meddle and make bad decisions that piss people off - see Mullen. It isn't mutually exclusive.

I hope we have both quite awhile.

RougeDawg
05-22-2016, 11:48 AM

He meddled greatly early in the season when we lost a good bit of questionable winnable games. He stopped meddling and we started winning. How much more evidence do you need? It really is simple to see that his meddling has always been more detrimental to wins and losses over his tenure. The more meddling the worse we have done. I'm sorry I can't understand it for everyone, I can only lay out what has been played out on the field.

ETA if you want to maximize run output you don't give up outs early in the game if you are tied or leading, and it should rarely ever be done in the first 3-5 innings if you are trailing. You don't maximize runs by shortening your offensive game. Too many things can happen with those extra outs such as walks, errors, pass balls, etc. and giving them away takes away any chance the other team will help you out with mistakes.

Coach34
05-22-2016, 12:00 PM
I'm glad I finally clicked on this thread today.... Anybody else want to get involved?

Its been a great year. But acting like Cohen didnt have 3 losing seasons in the previous 7 is stupid. There has been more than a little reason for concern and scrutiny. To act like there hasnt is ridiculous. You have to be a terrible coach to lose at State. History has more than proven this. The last coach before Cohen to have 3 losing seasons started his tenure at State 59 years ago.

smootness
05-22-2016, 12:11 PM
I'm glad I finally clicked on this thread today.... Anybody else want to get involved?

Its been a great year. But acting like Cohen didnt have 3 losing seasons in the previous 7 is stupid. There has been more than a little reason for concern and scrutiny. To act like there hasnt is ridiculous. You have to be a terrible coach to lose at State. History has more than proven this. The last coach before Cohen to have 3 losing seasons started his tenure at State 59 years ago.

And we've had all of 3 freaking coaches since then. One was an all-time great, another stepped into a great situation created by said all-time great, and the other was left an absolute pile of turds from said all-time great the second time around after he allowed the program to slide.

Anyone who still blames Cohen for the first 2 years has a transparent agenda.

Coach34
05-22-2016, 12:14 PM
And we've had all of 3 freaking coaches since then. One was an all-time great, another stepped into a great situation created by said all-time great, and the other was left an absolute pile of turds from said all-time great the second time around after he allowed the program to slide.

Anyone who still blames Cohen for the first 2 years has a transparent agenda.

I agree he didnt take over a very good situation. But those years still happened

smootness
05-22-2016, 12:33 PM
I agree he didnt take over a very good situation. But those years still happened

That's a little like pointing out that Ben Howland had losing years his first 2 at Northern Arizona, and in 4 of his first 10 years as a HC, and then when someone points out that he switched jobs 3 times and took over terrible situations and had to build, saying, 'Yeah, but those years still happened.'

It's stupid.

Ron Polk's last year was a disaster, and the talent had been depleted. No one was stepping into that and building an immediate winner. Again, it's only used by those with an obvious agenda.

Todd4State
05-22-2016, 12:37 PM
I love how binary the Internet makes people. We were awful last year. Period. The start of this season gave many, myself included, pause. Cohen can be a good coach and still meddle and make bad decisions that piss people off - see Mullen. It isn't mutually exclusive.

I hope we have both quite awhile.

There is a big difference in "cause for pause" and wanting a coach fired.

Coach34
05-22-2016, 12:39 PM
That's a little like pointing out that Ben Howland had losing years his first 2 at Northern Arizona, and in 4 of his first 10 years as a HC, and then when someone points out that he switched jobs 3 times and took over terrible situations and had to build, saying, 'Yeah, but those years still happened.'

It's stupid.

Ron Polk's last year was a disaster, and the talent had been depleted. No one was stepping into that and building an immediate winner. Again, it's only used by those with an obvious agenda.

Ben Howland certainly could have done a better job this past season- thats for sure

confucius say
05-22-2016, 01:14 PM

We bunted more this year than last year

confucius say
05-22-2016, 01:16 PM

So do you still want him fired regardless of how this year turns out? Like you told me was the case in March and again in April?

Coach34
05-22-2016, 01:17 PM
So do you still want him fired regardless of how this year turns out? Like you told me was the case in March and again in April?

I dont want a coach that bunts in the 1st or 2nd inning

smootness
05-22-2016, 01:18 PM
Ben Howland certainly could have done a better job this past season- thats for sure

Oh, gosh. Watch out, Ben, you're next.

Coach34
05-22-2016, 01:21 PM
We bunted more this year than last year

Thats incorrect

We had 41 sac bunts last year- 27 this year. Huge decrease

Coach34
05-22-2016, 01:21 PM
Oh, gosh. Watch out, Ben, you're next.

He's recruited well- he'll be fine

Dawg61
05-22-2016, 01:24 PM

Or 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th innings.

confucius say
05-22-2016, 01:24 PM

Answer the question. Don't shy away now. But since we still bunt in the first two innings, I'm guessing that means you are on record as wanting him fired still. It's ok to change your position, not a sign of weakness.

confucius say
05-22-2016, 01:29 PM
Thats incorrect

We had 41 sac bunts last year- 27 this year. Huge decrease

28. But you are right. I was looking at sac flies instead of sac bunts.

BeardoMSU
05-22-2016, 01:31 PM

What about a coach that's won a Tourney Championship, finished the national runner-up in Omaha, and won a regular season championship?

K9 Avenger
05-22-2016, 01:51 PM

So when does the fire Howland train leave the station? When can we expect his stupid ass, derogatory nickname like "The Meddler" or "Dan Walsh"?