PDA

View Full Version : MSU vs. Ark.

Goldendawg
05-21-2016, 04:16 PM
Announcers on Vandy/AU game just stated that the SEC network will start the UNM/ aTm game at 4:30 Central. I for one will be teed off if our game is not shown at 5:00. I cannot pull for UNM to win in anything, but I will pull for aTm to lose. I can live with that type of thinking.

Brando
05-21-2016, 04:25 PM
I was just wondering if we would be on SEC network like were suppose to or if we would get the shaft.

RocketDawg
05-21-2016, 04:25 PM
Someone posted a Tweet from MSU baseball that our game will start on the alternate channel (not sure if that means one of the alternates they show on broadcast, or SECN+ ... presumably an alternate) until the Bear game is over. So most of our game will not be on SECN main channel.

Goldendawg
05-21-2016, 04:34 PM
They never show the SECN+ channel in our area. If if happens my son and I will watch on watchESPN on the laptop. I hope if that happens it is available there. Possible nightmare: aTm is stomping the webels and they don't switch games.

Brando
05-21-2016, 04:37 PM
On DirecTV, the alternate channel is right next to the SEC channel, i believe the reg channel is 611. The alternate channel is 611-1.

MagicDawg
05-21-2016, 04:39 PM
The SEC Alternate is not the same as SEC Network+.

--
3. What is the difference between SEC Network, SEC Network + and SEC Network Alternate Channel?
SEC Network is a live 24-hour television network.

SEC Network Alternate is an additional television channel. It is not live 24-hours a day. Content only appears on the channel on occasion when games overlap.

SEC Network + provides hundreds of additional digital only events to fans through the WatchESPN app on smartphones, computers, and tablets, Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick, Apple TV, Chromecast, Roku, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. SEC Network + is not a television channel.

Goldendawg
05-21-2016, 04:53 PM
We have DirecTV. They seldom ever show a second game on 611-1 in NE Ms. Maybe today will be different. My 79 year old Superdawg mother just called(b-day yesterday) and she's not happy either if we can't watch on TV. Ever time she trys to watch on computer on WatchESPN, they screwup her password and she's tired of trying to get it corrected by someone in the Phillipines, since Directv can't afford to let someone a little closer have those type jobs anymore.

Lumpy Chucklelips
05-21-2016, 05:00 PM
Y'all need to get Apple TV or one of the others like it. There you can get the SEC+ channel. I have a 2nd TV where I'll put on the SEC+, watch SEC on my regular TV and on days like today, pull up Watch ESPN and watch a 3rd game on it. Of course the wife thinks I'm crazy, but hey, that's an argument for another day.

Pretty sweet in the fall also when I want to watch multiple games.

Brando
05-21-2016, 05:02 PM
Well its not showing on my SEC alt channel. Guess Ill be watching on the tablet..

Goldendawg
05-21-2016, 05:05 PM
Game is on watchESPN. Guys what do I need to get to hook my laptop to the TV to watch games? I know enough about computers to do my job at work and read the news, sports, classic rock sites, and about corvettes and chevelles.

MagicDawg
05-21-2016, 05:30 PM
You need a cable and it all depends on your laptop.

If your laptop is of relatively recent vintage, it has an HDMI output that lets you show slides/presentations on other monitors. You can run video out of that to an open HDMI input on your TV. Once you've got that, use the source select on your TV to choose that HDMI input. Your HDMI probably includes audio output but if it's not working, you may have to enable "digital audio output" on your computer. You will probably have to Google that to get step by step instructions if you aren't comfortable exploring the settings.

If you have an older laptop, you need a VGA cable - it's fat with a lot of holes for the pins. It's how we used to connect computer monitors. There are VGA cables to connect from your computer's VGA output to another monitor - either VGA or possibly HDMI. There are cables to do that. Many old VGA cables come with a little audio cable also connected, so you can plug that into your computer's headphone jack and then send audio into the monitor or TV on the other side.

If you have a Chromecast or other kinds of screen sharing technology, you can sometimes share video straight from your computer to your TV without cables if your internet and wifi are fast enough. But cables are cleaner.

Boiling it down - find the best video output on your computer (HDMI or VGA) and an open video input on your TV (HDMI, probably), and get a cable that will connect them, and know that you might possibly have to do the same with audio if you aren't using HDMI on both ends as your primary connection.

Goldendawg
05-21-2016, 06:38 PM
Toshiba laptop less than a year old. Thanks for the info. Have a fellow MSU fan who is a computer whiz. Will see what we can do. Thanks much.