Texas A&M - 9
Arkansas - 9
Lsu - 9
Auburn - 8
MSST - 1
Ole Missus - 0

AlmostPositive
05-21-2016, 02:50 PM
Go easy on 'em... they about to go in for surgery.

Ted Cruz
05-21-2016, 03:25 PM
Texas a&m total can't be right. They joined the conference in 2012.

TUSK
05-21-2016, 04:05 PM
Alabama - 25
Texas A&M - 9
Arkansas - 9
Lsu - 9
Auburn - 8
MSST - 1
Ole Missus - 0

Print the shirts!

Taog Redloh
05-21-2016, 04:29 PM
To be fair you have to count the 9 win seasons back during the 11-game seasons of the past. Essentially the 12th game is an FCS game. I still don't think they have one though. We actually have two - 1999. When they went 10-2 and got their asses kicked by Michigan that was under Dog in like 1990.

I usually use regular season losses to factor that out, i.e. 2-loss team. That's about the pinnacle for a have-not team in the West IMO. Definitely a good metric.

Goldendawg
05-21-2016, 04:44 PM
There's an Sports Illustrated reference book in our high school library. It shows the records of all D! schools from their 1st games thru the early 2000's. The writer analyzing UNM's records and imagined titles points out that during the Vaught years they seldom ever played Alabama and many of the SEC powers at that time. I pointed this out to a Bear and the spin? Bear Bryant wouldn't play us.

Coach34
05-21-2016, 04:48 PM
To be fair you have to count the 9 win seasons back during the 11-game seasons of the past. Essentially the 12th game is an FCS game. I still don't think they have one though. We actually have two - 1999. When they went 10-2 and got their asses kicked by Michigan that was under Dog in like 1990.

I usually use regular season losses to factor that out, i.e. 2-loss team. That's about the pinnacle for a have-not team in the West IMO. Definitely a good metric.

Why would we count 9 win seasons in a thread about 10 win seasons? Start your own 9 win season thread

TUSK
05-21-2016, 05:34 PM
There's an Sports Illustrated reference book in our high school library. It shows the records of all D! schools from their 1st games thru the early 2000's. The writer analyzing UNM's records and imagined titles points out that during the Vaught years they seldom ever played Alabama and many of the SEC powers at that time. I pointed this out to a Bear and the spin? Bear Bryant wouldn't play us.

the "Bryant and Vaught didn't play each other" card gets over played... Bammer was 5-2 vs OM from 58-70 (13 years).... one win was post season....

SailingDawg
05-21-2016, 05:44 PM
My argument with bear fans is that we're both average and any discussion about championships over 50 years ago was when they wouldn't let everyone play!

Goldendawg
05-21-2016, 06:20 PM
I wasn't knocking Alabama, but UNM and their scheduling in the old days. How many times has UNM played Alabama compared to us? And it wasn't just Alabama that they wouldn't play in the old days. Sometimes a non-conference team was even ok'ed as a "conference" game to reach the league minimum. But we all know a Alabama fan is like a maggot, they can both live off a dead bear 20 years (just a joke)!

BulldogBear
05-21-2016, 06:59 PM
In the Vaught years, UMiss played a lot of Kentucky, Tulane, MSU, and Vandy. LSU was the only "tough" regular opponent and that not all seasons just as the others didn't suck every season. A lot of those years were 5 SEC game years as well. The point is that the Rebels hardly ever played a tough SEC schedule. They barely played any schools that actually contended for the conference title. In the 1970s six game SEC schedules came along and scheduling was standardized. Sucked for them when they picked up UGA and Tennessee as permanent opponents. We played five permanent and rotated one of the other four. See below.

Ole Miss: Vandy, UT, UGA, LSU, MSU

But none of the then ten SEC schools had as tough a slate of five permanent opponents as we did.

Mississippi State: Ole Miss, Auburn, Alabama, LSU, and Florida

Goldendawg
05-21-2016, 07:51 PM
My point exactly. They've always been in a fantasy world.

Taog Redloh
05-21-2016, 08:11 PM
Why would we count 9 win seasons in a thread about 10 win seasons? Start your own 9 win season thread

Sign of your low intelligence.

BulldogBear
05-21-2016, 08:11 PM
My point exactly. They've always been in a fantasy world.

Yep. They've always been a fraud. Their glorious history and the SEC championships they do have were built on the backs of wins over the likes of Tulane, MSU, Kentucky, and Vandy.

Coach34
05-21-2016, 08:33 PM
Sign of your low intelligence.

says the guy that cant understand what a 10 win regular season thread means. Sit this one out Goat.

M.Fillmore
05-21-2016, 09:58 PM

The Bears have six SEC football titles. They never played Alabama in any of those years. Not one time.

Of the 10 traditional SEC schools the Bears have played Alabama the least number of times and Vandy the most number of times.

Of the 10 traditional SEC schools MSU has played Alabama the most number of times and Vandy the least number of times.