PDA

View Full Version : Scoreboard Watching

Bullsy
05-21-2016, 10:16 AM
The fighting bow ties and aTm start 2 hours before we do. Hope that we dont get depressed if A&M blasts OM. But on the other hand, how fired up would the players be to see OM up 7-2 in the 7th inning when we start our game?

AlmostPositive
05-21-2016, 10:21 AM
I'm not sure how much difference it makes to be a co-champ rather than outright.

It isn't the difference between a tie and a win.

It's more like making a 36 on the ACT and somebody else in you school doing it too.

The trophy is the same size either way..

KB21
05-21-2016, 10:32 AM
I'm not sure how much difference it makes to be a co-champ rather than outright.

It's more like making a 36 on the ACT and somebody else in you school doing it too.

It matters due to seeding in the tournament.

MarketingBully
05-21-2016, 10:34 AM
Actually, they start three hours before us as their game is before ours on the SEC Network.

the59dawg
05-21-2016, 10:39 AM

It's the diff between the 1 seed and 3 seed for the conf tourney. The east and west winners are 1-2 in seeds and A&M holds the tiebreaker over us for the 1 seed.

AlmostPositive
05-21-2016, 10:43 AM
Being seeded 1 or 3 is not something anyone will remember next year no matter what happens in the SECT. Seeds aren't really even accomplishments... championships are.

smootness
05-21-2016, 11:02 AM
Being seeded 1 or 3 is not something anyone will remember next year no matter what happens in the SECT. Seeds aren't really even accomplishments... championships are.

Yes, it is better to win it outright than to tie a team that swept you. It just is.

AlmostPositive
05-21-2016, 11:18 AM
Yes, it is better to win it outright than to tie a team that swept you. It just is.

It's better to be the only kid in your school to make a 36 on the ACT, but it is only a marginal distraction if someone else does as well as you.

Of course it would be better to not have to share it, but it doesn't taint the achievement in any fundamental way. If we have to share, we have to share, and it will be just fine.

TaleofTwoDogs
05-21-2016, 11:23 AM
It's better to be the only kid in your school to make a 36 on the ACT, but it is only a marginally distraction if someone else does as well as you.

Of course if would be better to not have to share it, but it doesn't taint the achievement in any fundamental way. If we have to share, we have to share, and it will be just fine.

I see why you choose your user name.

HSVDawg
05-21-2016, 11:39 AM

But what if the other kid in your school took the ACT in Wayne County?

AlmostPositive
05-21-2016, 11:41 AM

I will let you know upon the completion of the 30 day dodge and weave period.

BB30
05-21-2016, 11:43 AM
We give om hell for there co sec west championship in my eyes it's somewhat similar. We need to win this thing outright. Also, if we were sharing with uf I could see that argument but a and m swept us at home convincingly. Just tough for me to say it doesn't matter.

Bullsy
05-21-2016, 11:47 AM

hahahahahahahahahaha

smootness
05-21-2016, 11:53 AM
It's better to be the only kid in your school to make a 36 on the ACT, but it is only a marginal distraction if someone else does as well as you.

This is not the parallel you think it is. I'm not saying we can't hang a banner or that it's not great to be able to call ourselves co-champs, but we and everyone else knows the team we're tied with swept us at home. It definitely takes away some of the feeling of being champs.

It would be like if you both got a 36, but you both took all the same classes and the other kid did better in every one of those classes.

AlmostPositive
05-21-2016, 12:04 PM
The SEC championship is awarded for finishing the year with best league record. It isn't about head-to-head record any more than the ACT is about what grades you made in various classes.

This is a personal preference in a way. You either choose to be glad we are co-champions, or you choose to regret not being sole champion. Doesn't make that much difference either way.

(I'd be curious to know if the trophy even say "Co-Champion" on it.)

smootness
05-21-2016, 12:11 PM
The SEC championship is awarded for finishing the year with best league record. It isn't about head-to-head record any more than the ACT is about what grades you made in various classes.

This is a personal preference in a way. You either choose to be glad we are co-champions, or you choose to regret not being sole champion. Doesn't make that much difference either way.

(I'd be curious to know if the trophy even say "Co-Champion" on it.)

I'll be more than happy with being co-champs, just saying that being sole champion, especially in this case, is definitely better. You're acting like they're the same but they're not. I don't care that it's not about head-to-head, I can't fully consider us SEC champs if the team we're tied with swept us at home. And you're kidding yourself if you think we wouldn't give A&M crap for it if the roles were reversed.

RocketDawg
05-21-2016, 12:15 PM
Their game is before ours on the main SECN channel. There's a good chance their game won't be over in time and our game will already be started by the time television gets to our game. That's typical ESPN scheduling.

AlmostPositive
05-21-2016, 12:15 PM
I'll be more than happy with being co-champs, just saying that being sole champion, especially in this case, is definitely better. You're acting like they're the same but they're not. I don't care that it's not about head-to-head, I can't fully consider us SEC champs if the team we're tied with swept us at home. And you're kidding yourself if you think we wouldn't give A&M crap for it if the roles were reversed.

As I said, it's a personal preference as to how you wish to think about it. If being co-champs makes you gnash your teeth and dwell on A&M's sweep, go ahead and gnash. I won't. And I wouldn't give any team grief for displaying an official SEC trophy and being proud of it.

smootness
05-21-2016, 12:19 PM
As I said, it's a personal preference as to how you wish to think about it. If being co-champs makes you gnash your teeth and dwell on A&M's sweep, go ahead and gnash. I won't. And I wouldn't give any team grief for displaying an official SEC trophy and being proud of it.

Hahaha I'm not gnashing my teeth. I just said I'll be more than happy with being co-champs. I've said that what I want most is the national seed...the SEC title is cool but I'm not as concerned about it. It's just an intellectual thing. I just can't fully consider us SEC champs this year if we don't finish ahead of A&M. Because I know they swept us.

It's not a big deal, I'm just telling you the way I view it. This year is awesome, SEC title, co-title, or no title.

RocketDawg
05-21-2016, 12:25 PM
Hahaha I'm not gnashing my teeth. I just said I'll be more than happy with being co-champs. I've said that what I want most is the national seed...the SEC title is cool but I'm not as concerned about it. It's just an intellectual thing. I just can't fully consider us SEC champs this year if we don't finish ahead of A&M. Because I know they swept us.

It's not a big deal, I'm just telling you the way I view it. This year is awesome, SEC title, co-title, or no title.

Yeah, that's my thoughts too. And it will be A&M's thoughts also. And I think would be ours if the situation was reversed.

smootness
05-21-2016, 12:40 PM
I'll put it this way, AP. If A&M loses and UF loses another, you're going to want a win from us as well. And if we don't get it, you're not going to be happy about it. Because it's not the same.

Brando
05-21-2016, 12:58 PM
LSU is up 7-3 on FL right now in the 6th. I guess this is the finish of game 1

AlmostPositive
05-21-2016, 01:14 PM
I'll put it this way, AP. If A&M loses and UF loses another, you're going to want a win from us as well. And if we don't get it, you're not going to be happy about it. Because it's not the same.

Fair enough

BulldogBear
05-21-2016, 02:27 PM
LSU is up 7-3 on FL right now in the 6th. I guess this is the finish of game 1

Gators began weekend #1

2 games into the weekend... now they will be playing on Tuesday!

AlmostPositive
05-21-2016, 02:51 PM
Gators began weekend #1

2 games into the weekend... now they will be playing on Tuesday!

Number One in the nation is not good enough for the SEC!

Goldendawg
05-21-2016, 04:22 PM
I hope UNM's late start doesn't bump our game from the SEC channel!

Dallas_Dawg
05-21-2016, 08:37 PM
So what's the tiebreaker with South Carolina? Looks like we would have same SEC record if we hold on

Bullsy
05-21-2016, 08:45 PM
No tie breaker. We are 21-9 and they are 20-9.

They had a rain out

smootness
05-21-2016, 09:07 PM
Well, AP, it don't matter now. We can all agree we are SEC champs!