PDA

View Full Version : Blaine Knight starting for Arkansas today

messageboardsuperhero
05-21-2016, 10:00 AM
He's a good freshman pitcher with a bright future for them. Very highly thought of within the Arkansas program. Better bring the sticks.

AlmostPositive
05-21-2016, 10:03 AM
That freshman they had going yesterday was pretty good.

No reason to be overconfident.

Just confident.

Just win.

MarketingBully
05-21-2016, 10:09 AM
Yeah, their guy yesterday had more accolades and was better. I think we will be fine.

Doc
05-21-2016, 10:10 AM
We have not seen Jackson yet. He has nasty stuff. Has struggled this year but I can't imagine not using him the whole weekend.

messageboardsuperhero
05-21-2016, 10:10 AM
Arkansas has struggled a lot on the mound this year, but I expect that staff to be much better next season. Van Horn knows how to develop pitchers, and they have some big-time young talent.

MarketingBully
05-21-2016, 10:11 AM
And I'd say Pilk is a better pitcher and has a higher ceiling then this guy. This is a game we should win and I expect we will.

MarketingBully
05-21-2016, 10:12 AM
Arkansas has struggled a lot on the mound this year, but I expect that staff to be much better next season. Van Horn knows how to develop pitchers, and they have some big-time young talent.

Last I checked, we have a ton of freshman pitchers and some big time young talent as well. #3 recruiting class in the country in 2015 was it?

JETDAWG
05-21-2016, 10:14 AM
WHAT IS OUR 2017 RECRUITING CLASS RANKED FOR BASEBALL?
ANYONE?

messageboardsuperhero
05-21-2016, 10:16 AM
Last I checked, we have a ton of freshman pitchers and some big time young talent as well. #3 recruiting class in the country in 2015 was it?

Uhhhhhh, yeah we do. Who said we didn't?

I just meant Arkansas has some young bright spots on the mound- said absolutely nothing about our young pitchers not being good.

messageboardsuperhero
05-21-2016, 10:18 AM
And I'd say Pilk is a better pitcher and has a higher ceiling then this guy. This is a game we should win and I expect we will.

I expect to win too, but it won't be as easy as some think.

Arkansas pitched it well against us yesterday- I expect them to do the same again today.

AlmostPositive
05-21-2016, 10:26 AM
Arkansas pitched well, hit about as well as did for 8 innings and scuffled in the field.

The biggest equalizer may have been the umpire..his strike zone was the size of a Prius.

MarketingBully
05-21-2016, 10:26 AM
I expect to win too, but it won't be as easy as some think.

Arkansas pitched it well against us yesterday- I expect them to do the same again today.

If we are aggressive at the plate like we have been instead of yesterday, I expect us to get 8-10 runs. What got us into trouble yesterday is we didn't swing the bat and the strike zone was double the size what it normally is. I expect it will be similar to what we did to Auburn last Sunday where we feel him out the first couple of innings but eventually blow it out.

the59dawg
05-21-2016, 10:33 AM
We looked at way too many fast ball strikes yesterday. Like we were not expecting fastball. Of course the low strike zone and those outside the plate strike calls did not help us. We had 6 or 7 3rd strike calls. Not good.

basedog
05-21-2016, 10:33 AM
Pitching has been a bright spot over the last several weekends for us. There is a reason Arkansas is in last place with only 7 wins, they are average to below average as a team in the Sec. I don't think our team, coaches or fans expect an easy game today. I will say anything can happen in baseball but I don't think Arkansas is as focused on this game as we are right now, doesn't mean they can't win.

If we win today there is no reason why Cohen shouldn't be COY, last to first in a year should be rewarded.

HailState!

Saltydog
05-21-2016, 10:34 AM
63 in 50 innings pitched so he's got strikeout stuff. FYI, he was first team All Sec last year. We'd better come ready to play cause this ain't a Sunday walk in the park by any means.

AlmostPositive
05-21-2016, 10:37 AM
Before we get too crazy about the prowess of Arkansas's pitching, I believe they have won one Sunday road game this year.

We have well over an 80% chance to take this game.

MarketingBully
05-21-2016, 10:42 AM
I give up with you guys. We are playing a team who has lost 12 games in a row, who has committed 7-8 errors so far in this series, and who all but looked like they had given up when you looked at their dugout yesterday but all you guys can say hope we aren't overlooking them. Arkansas has looked like a team that doesn't want to go to Hoover. Trust me also when I say that our team is locked in and we aren't overlooking them. If we as fans overlook Arkansas, does that really have an effect on this game? No. We will be fine and we will win today.

MarketingBully
05-21-2016, 10:43 AM
Before we get too crazy about the prowess of Arkansas's pitching, I believe they have won one Sunday road game this year.

We have well over an 80% chance to take this game.

Exactly and a team who has won 3 road games all year long including against such power houses as Memphis.

Saltydog
05-21-2016, 10:45 AM
nt

drummerdawg
05-21-2016, 10:51 AM
So basically what I'm getting from everyone is that Arkansas saves their best pitchers for Sunday...

MarketingBully
05-21-2016, 10:53 AM
nt

Idiot talk.

drunkernhelldawg
05-21-2016, 10:55 AM
I do expect to win, but yesterday we got huge help from their fielding snafus. We've got to score the runners today.

MarketingBully
05-21-2016, 10:55 AM
So basically what I'm getting from everyone is that Arkansas saves their best pitchers for Sunday...

No, our fans are trying to come up with reasons how we could lose this game instead of just enjoying the fact we are one game away from winning the overall title.

MarketingBully
05-21-2016, 10:56 AM
I do expect to win, but yesterday we got huge help from their fielding snafus. We've got to score the runners today.

They have committed errors all year long which is one of the reasons why they are dead last in the SEC.

smootness
05-21-2016, 11:00 AM

All this likely means is that we're due to go off today.

Kind of like last week when someone said we were going to have to hit better if we wanted to keep winning...and then we scored 16 on 21 hits and 0 K in the next one.

Just chill, we're really freaking good.

AlmostPositive
05-21-2016, 11:06 AM
This is among the best three State teams I can remember. And I have been watching since Nixon.

It isn't the same team that lost to EKU.

The planets would have to align for ARK to get this one. (Sometimes they do.)

messageboardsuperhero
05-21-2016, 11:13 AM
Ho. Lee. Shit.

We are an outstanding team. I am very confident and we should win today.

All I said was that Arkansas's young pitcher is good and should not be taken lightly. It was just a message board topic that got taken too damn far.

It_Could_Happen
05-21-2016, 11:21 AM
This kid is the one who started the rally possum and woke up the sleeping giant in Baton Rouge. Was in when lsu started that rally and van horn left him out there to suffer

AlmostPositive
05-21-2016, 11:24 AM
Ho. Lee. Shit.

We are an outstanding team. I am very confident and we should win today.

All I said was that Arkansas's young pitcher is good and should not be taken lightly. It was just a message board topic that got taken too damn far.

There is not a thing wrong with what you said. It a natural discussion to have before an important game you expect to win. BlacklistedBully is over-reacting a bit based on some of the unfounded negativism over our seeding chances and the like a week or two ago.

We all just need to enjoy this because it may not come around again soon.

Saltydog
05-21-2016, 11:57 AM
am I going to act like we just have to show the **** up to win, NO! Any team in the SEC is capable of beating any other team. We have the advantage but we can't take that for granted.

smootness
05-21-2016, 12:00 PM
am I going to act like we just have to show the **** up to win, NO! Any team in the SEC is capable of beating any other team. We have the advantage but we can't take that for granted.

Make sure this message gets to the team then.

GreenheadDawg
05-21-2016, 12:09 PM
63 in 50 innings pitched so he's got strikeout stuff. FYI, he was first team All Sec last year. We'd better come ready to play cause this ain't a Sunday walk in the park by any means.

Have you ever posted anything that wasn't doom and gloom. You must be a riot to hang out with

Saltydog
05-21-2016, 12:15 PM
I simply posted we will have to deal with their best pitcher today. That's not being negative. That's telling the ****ing truth. Deal with it. Damn, some of you Nancy's in here today are on the rag.

GreenheadDawg
05-21-2016, 12:21 PM
I simply posted we will have to deal with their best pitcher today. That's not being negative. That's telling the ****ing truth. Deal with it. Damn, some of you Nancy's in here today are on the rag.

Thanks for proving my point. You know, pus*y goes a long way helping rid you of that anger.

MarketingBully
05-21-2016, 12:35 PM
Make sure this message gets to the team then.

Exactly, last I checked I wasn't on the team. Also, Auburn had a pretty good freshman start for them last Sunday. My guess is we will treat this Arkansas guy to the same beating we treated that Auburn freshman. IMO, this game won't be close.

AlmostPositive
05-21-2016, 01:20 PM
We're gonna beat their ass!

Unless they beat the hell out of us.

JoseBrown
05-21-2016, 02:30 PM
Two things:

1. Put the ball in play

2. Limit the walks

Do those two, we have nothing to worry about. We good!