PDA

View Full Version : This was UM's official statement a month ago today...

AlmostPositive
05-21-2016, 09:47 AM
"Upon the completion of the 30-day extension period, the University will release our full Response to the Notice of Allegations."

That was April 21.

So Honest Ross Bjork's immense credibility reserves will take another hit if we don't get their "full Response" this coming week.

Unless "Upon the completion" means something vague and indeterminate in Rebelland.

Or maybe "release" doesn't mean make public...maybe it just means they will take their response down by the river and let it go free.

No one should be confident these sheep-biting pettifoggers will do what they plainly said they would do, but they haven't left nearly as much wiggle room as usual.

We shall see.

Coach007
05-21-2016, 10:13 AM
"Upon the completion of the 30-day extension period, the University will release our full Response to the Notice of Allegations."

That was April 21.

So Honest Ross Bjork's immense credibility reserves will take another hit if we don't get their "full Response" this coming week.

Unless "Upon the completion" means something vague and indeterminate in Rebelland.

Or maybe "release" doesn't mean make public...maybe it just means they will take their response down by the river and let it go free.

No one should be confident these sheep-biting pettifoggers will do what they plainly said they would do, but they haven't left nearly as much wiggle room as usual.

We shall see.

I think circumstances have changed. You see this dark cloud following them and they are not going to make it darker. If they can drag it out, it looks better.

They will claim they already fulfilled a large portion of their punishment and they are on the upside now. And I think that's smart of them. Instead of a huge media blitz, it's small. Doesn't hurt recruiting as bad. They can spin it that that.. "No, we took what we wanted" "we knew it would be a small class"

etc. My faith in the NCAA and this case is a bit..... shaken.

AlmostPositive
05-21-2016, 10:17 AM
I think circumstances have changed. You see this dark cloud following them and they are not going to make it darker. If they can drag it out, it looks better.

They will claim they already fulfilled a large portion of their punishment and they are on the upside now. And I think that's smart of them. Instead of a huge media blitz, it's small. Doesn't hurt recruiting as bad. They can spin it that that.. "No, we took what we wanted" "we knew it would be a small class"

etc. My faith in the NCAA and this case is a bit..... shaken.

I guess they could make the claim that Laremy Tunsil has already offered their full response.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
05-21-2016, 11:05 AM
I'm fine with the pre-sanction negative pub & negative recruiting ammunition hurting them in a small class this cycle. That way when the actual sanctions come & ole miss is the poster boy for all that is slimy and rotten in CFB (track & WBB too), they will be dealing with limited scholarships in classes where they need numbers to balance the roster.