PDA

View Full Version : Game 2 collapse vs. Bama is looming large...

IMissJack
05-20-2016, 10:18 PM
probably costs us the outright championship.

LiterallyPolice
05-20-2016, 10:20 PM
Meh... every team has games they could/should have won. I'm not gonna complain. Unless we lose tomorrow... then I'll complain.

AlmostPositive
05-20-2016, 10:21 PM
We will be co-champs more than likely. Too early to moan about one game a month ago..

engie
05-20-2016, 10:23 PM
^

no

confucius say
05-20-2016, 10:30 PM
^

no

Our fans

whosyourdawgy
05-20-2016, 10:30 PM
The 2 games vs A&M when we lost our minds in the 8th inning come to mind too. But maybe the Bears will come thru for us tomorrow

mstatefan91
05-20-2016, 10:31 PM
Not crying over spilled milk...

Liverpooldawg
05-20-2016, 10:33 PM
We are going for a school record for SEC wins tomorrow and we are bitching about one that got away. That is SO Mississippi State.

Bullsy
05-20-2016, 10:39 PM
We are 15-2 since the aTm series... 1 loss LSU and 1 loss to Bama. Thats a heck of a run to end the season.

messageboardsuperhero
05-20-2016, 11:01 PM
IDGAF if we tie with A&M for it- we will still hang a banner and I will love it anyway. If a nimrod UM tries to give you hell for it, tell them that we'll take our 2016 banner down as soon as they take their 2009 one down, which was when they tied with LSU for the overall championship even though the Tigers had the tiebreaker.

Just show up and take care of business tomorrow.

IMissJack
05-20-2016, 11:03 PM
IDGAF if we tie with A&M for it- we will still hang a banner and I will love it anyway. If a nimrod UM tries to give you hell for it, tell them that we'll take our 2016 banner down as soon as they take their 2009 one down, which was when they tied with LSU for the overall championship even though the Tigers had the tiebreaker.

Just show up and take care of business tomorrow.

I agree, just hate the way we lost that one.

Schultzy
05-20-2016, 11:04 PM
I blame that loss totally on the umpire. I watched that game and ten walks was BS.

HoopsDawg
05-20-2016, 11:04 PM

Yep, that was Cohen's worst game of the year.

RC3
05-20-2016, 11:16 PM
Well you know we will claim it but At least we won't have a specific banner. It will just be an added number. (Is it 10 currently or 12?)

ScottH
05-20-2016, 11:17 PM
It's easy to look back and re-visit different losses but from a big picture, 20 or 21 SEC wins is difficult for me to bitch about.

It is however a strong lesson going forward that every game counts.

gravedigger
05-21-2016, 12:05 AM

1. Go learn a sport.

2. Go find another team because it doesn't matter, you will never understand sport.

smootness
05-21-2016, 12:21 AM
We've probably won a couple we 'shouldn't have' as well. It usually evens out in the end.

We're really, really good. We may share the SEC title, we may win it outright, or we may not win it at all. But we will be a top 5 national seed with home games all the way to Omaha. Just enjoy it.

maroonmania
05-21-2016, 06:42 AM
Yep, that was Cohen's worst game of the year.

He made a tactical error in pulling Sexton for Hughes when he did no doubt but there is no guarantee that Sexton gets the out to save that run on third base either. And then we got good enough pitching from that point until the bottom of the 9th. Can't really fault Cohen that we go through 4 or 5 relievers in the 9th and can't find anyone that can throw strikes (ump's fault or not). Biggest factor that weekend turned out to be not having Humphreys available to pitch. Of course if we had put up another run or two in that second game along the way all of that would be a moot point.

maroonmania
05-21-2016, 06:47 AM
We've probably won a couple we 'shouldn't have' as well. It usually evens out in the end.

We're really, really good. We may share the SEC title, we may win it outright, or we may not win it at all. But we will be a top 5 national seed with home games all the way to Omaha. Just enjoy it.

Good point, in SEC games we are 8-1 in games decided by 2 runs or less so we've had our share of good fortune. 9-1 if you count the Governor's Cup. I'm sure we have by far the best record in the SEC in close games.

Jack Lambert
05-21-2016, 07:05 AM
Might as well whine about the third game with Ole Miss or LSU.

QuadrupleOption
05-21-2016, 07:15 AM
Might as well whine about the third game with Ole Miss or LSU.

Or Georgia for that matter. We had a lot of chances along the way, but no team is going to win them all. We just happen to be in a year where there are 3 teams bunched right at the top with another 3-4 right behind that.

Just win today and IDGAF whether A&M beats UNM or not, because WE WILL BE THE SEC CHAMPIONS.

engie
05-21-2016, 07:44 AM
Good point, in SEC games we are 8-1 in games decided by 2 runs or less so we've had our share of good fortune. 9-1 if you count the Governor's Cup. I'm sure we have by far the best record in the SEC in close games.

Which means we have been far more lucky than unlucky in regards to tight games. It's just ridiculous to trot down memory lane and go to looking at things like this. There will be specific plays/decisions in almost every loss of the season that can be pointed to. But the same folds true for almost every victory, even though that part gets mocked.

Bully13
05-21-2016, 07:57 AM

Winning the close ones in baseball is the hallmark of a good team, not good fortune. I'm more focused on how deep we go in post season than a blown game or 2 in the past. Win, lose or draw the SEC, nothing will dampen how proud I am to see us dominate the SEC this year the way we have. All I know at this point is that we are bad assed mofos.

Dawgtini
05-21-2016, 08:01 AM
See, I was thinking getting swept at home by ATM on SBW was looming large.

GreenheadDawg
05-21-2016, 08:18 AM
We are going for a school record for SEC wins tomorrow and we are bitching about one that got away. That is SO Mississippi State.

For once we agree on something. As a fanbase, we are never satisfied. We should all be really proud of this team. Outright champs or not, this team has had a hell of a year. I just hope we swing the bats better in the regional than we did last night.

HSVDawg
05-21-2016, 08:26 AM

Texas A&M fans: "Not sweeping Arkansas or taking at least one from UF is looming pretty large right now"

Joe Schmedlap
05-21-2016, 08:46 AM
See, I was thinking getting swept at home by ATM on SBW was looming large.

This is da troof

MarketingBully
05-21-2016, 08:53 AM
Who gives a shit if we share a title or not? We now control our own destiny. We win today and we win AT LEAST a share of the overall title. We win today and we get to 40 wins in the regular season, win an SEC championship, and get a national seed. Some things that I didn't think Cohen could do as our coach. I was wrong and will be glad to eat my big time plate of crow when we win today and win the championship.

MarketingBully
05-21-2016, 08:57 AM
For once we agree on something. As a fanbase, we are never satisfied. We should all be really proud of this team. Outright champs or not, this team has had a hell of a year. I just hope we swing the bats better in the regional than we did last night.

I think some fans can't believe we are in this position and totally expect us to lose today. I hate those type of fans and they are fans we need to eliminate from our fanbase or at least change their attitudes to stay our fans. They completely bring the rest of the fanbase down with their "realistic" (which is more pessimistic) attitude. These are the same fans that still accept us as poor ole Mississippi State.

Steakonastick
05-21-2016, 09:19 AM
Only two two games stick out to me as bad losses eastern Kentucky and Bama. But oh well if I can only get mad over two games out of a full season I will gladly take it. We just ran into a buzz saw when we played a&m. Even if we just send end up co-champs I will take it. Amazing the turn around from last year.

maroonmania
05-21-2016, 09:20 AM

Anyone that can't look back at what we were hoping for preseason and compare that to where we are now with this baseball team and not be thrilled with the results just really needs to go find another interest than keeping up with MSU athletics.

Steakonastick
05-21-2016, 09:41 AM
A lot of our fans like stating the negative so they can beat their chest when we fail. And hey if we prove them wrong they will be the leaders on the bandwagon.