PDA

View Full Version : The day or not?

nicks_hammer
05-20-2016, 06:33 AM
Is today the day nm releases the infomation?

BeastMan
05-20-2016, 07:04 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/fbe8552560548b29d353e83fff4bc015/tumblr_mxgoluepO31qdlh1io1_250.gif

Reason2succeed
05-20-2016, 07:33 AM
Rosebowl said he heard it would be next week. The 22nd should mark the 30th day but that is Sunday.

Johnson85
05-20-2016, 07:41 AM
Is today the day nm releases the infomation?

I doubt they release any real information. I don't think there is any obligation for them to make it public (other than the public records act which they have already ignored when denying requests) and I don't think the NCAA will make it public. UNC made theirs public but I don't think that was mandated by the NCAA.

Saltydog
05-20-2016, 07:46 AM
They absolutely don't. They simply have to respond to the NOA by the 30th day.

Bubb Rubb
05-20-2016, 08:31 AM
They absolutely don't. They simply have to respond to the NOA by the 30th day.

This. They don't have to release anything to the public. In theory, they could keep quiet until the NCAA releases its final report. Ole Miss will release something though, due to the public interest. It will be a whitewashed fluff piece with nothing significant in it. The Bear followers will proclaim victory and many of the lower-information Bulldog fans will be upset with it.

Don't be deceived. The Sandman cometh.

ShotgunDawg
05-20-2016, 08:36 AM
This. They don't have to release anything to the public. In theory, they could keep quiet until the NCAA releases its final report. Ole Miss will release something though, due to the public interest. It will be a whitewashed fluff piece with nothing significant in it. The Bear followers will proclaim victory and many of the lower-information Bulldog fans will be upset with it.

I believe them releasing a fluff piece would be dumb and could serve to irritate the NCAA and cause them the believe NM isn't taking this seriously. They'd be much better off just not saying anything at all.

TrapGame
05-20-2016, 08:37 AM

They'll release a statement that says: Those without sin cast the first stone.

PassInterference
05-20-2016, 08:39 AM
I doubt they release any real information. I don't think there is any obligation for them to make it public (other than the public records act which they have already ignored when denying requests) and I don't think the NCAA will make it public. UNC made theirs public but I don't think that was mandated by the NCAA.

This. They might not release anything at all to the public. No way they release the NOA and they probably make vague statements to the public. We'll probably hear something similar to what we've heard all along. Maybe even a Clarion Ledger softball exclusive.

Bubb Rubb
05-20-2016, 08:41 AM
I believe them releasing a fluff piece would be dumb and could serve to irritate the NCAA and cause them the believe NM isn't taking this seriously. They'd be much better off just not saying anything at all.

"This investigation is over"

"Most of the allegations involve women's basketball and track"

"Most of the football issues predate Freeze and the allegations under Freeze were self-reported."

"Recruits understand that this isn't going to be a big deal."

Somebody hasn't been paying attention.

spbdawg
05-20-2016, 09:13 AM
#

Saltydog
05-20-2016, 09:20 AM
nt

AlmostPositive
05-20-2016, 09:27 AM
"Well, Bjork said..."

Somehow those three words don't fill me with confidence.

Somebody, presumably at the highest levels, with full legal advice, made the decision that it would be better to flout a state law than to release the NCAA charges and accompanying info.

Why would they want to start making this information public now? What would've changed?

At best they will do some more "limited hangout," the standby Washington tactic of admitting to some stuff while hiding the worst.

Make no mistake, though... they are going to pay.

spbdawg
05-20-2016, 10:23 AM
#

Coach34
05-20-2016, 10:40 AM
And this is just their response- this in no way means the NCAA will accept it

Dawgowar
05-20-2016, 11:02 AM
The response will be to buy time till the fall. Agree with Coach. NCAA's announcement is all that matters.

Liverpooldawg
05-20-2016, 11:09 AM
Well, Bjork said they would release it along with their response when it was submitted to ncaa.

I'm still pissed they're are the only public agency in ms that is above the public records laws. And guess what? You pay some portion of their salaries so accountability is supposed to matter.

Since when has any thing Bjork said about this turned out to be true? My guess is either a brief piece that actually says nothing or total silence.

AlmostPositive
05-20-2016, 11:09 AM
Bjork's credibility will take another hit, but i doubt if their fans notice.

Surely the Carrion Lesion will ask some tough question's and get to the bottom of this issue.

Coach34
05-20-2016, 11:19 AM
They offer up 3 Schollys per year and the NCAA is going to throw that piece of paper on ground and piss on it

AlmostPositive
05-20-2016, 11:34 AM
They offer up 3 Schollys per year and the NCAA is going to throw that piece of paper on ground and piss on it

I have no special insight but I will dance naked at the Sugar Bowl if it's not twice that.

Dawgology
05-20-2016, 11:39 AM
Here is how this is going to go down, and EVERYONE needs to pay attention here. UNM will release a response next week, probably early next week. It will, indeed, be a fluff piece and will not mention, gloss over, or redact the major violations that have occurred. This will be followed up with a glowing article by the CL and Daily Journal that talk about how minor the violations are, how UNM is working closely with the NCAA and how they don't EXPECT any major sanctions. This last comment will come from an unnamed source. The major outlets will match onto this and run with it (faith restored).

The next part will REALLY piss off us off but you have to be patient. The release and glossy articles will be followed by several major verbal commits...high profile guys. In fact, Steve Robertson in his last Boneyard basically said to prepare for this.

This is all strategy and misdirection to buy time, stock up on talent, and try to make it through the next season. It's all a ruse. Smoke and mirrors. Those verbal commits will probably never actually sign with UNM but, hey, they get money for a verbal commit that is non-binding so why not? They will serve to pull other talent that wouldn't sign otherwise and then the "switcheroo" will be pulled on them.

In the end it's only delaying the inevitable but it's all about perception and image for them right now. Just be prepared for it and don't get your knickers in a twist. It's the beginning of the end for them.

reno hightower
05-20-2016, 11:54 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICZ06gYpu6w

gravedigger
05-20-2016, 11:59 AM

I believe they will offer 12 over 4 years, some visits, and dissasociation with some unwitting booster.

I believe the infractions committee will increase that significantly.

Coach34
05-20-2016, 12:15 PM
Here is how this is going to go down, and EVERYONE needs to pay attention here. UNM will release a response next week, probably early next week. It will, indeed, be a fluff piece and will not mention, gloss over, or redact the major violations that have occurred. This will be followed up with a glowing article by the CL and Daily Journal that talk about how minor the violations are, how UNM is working closely with the NCAA and how they don't EXPECT any major sanctions. This last comment will come from an unnamed source. The major outlets will match onto this and run with it (faith restored).

The next part will REALLY piss off us off but you have to be patient. The release and glossy articles will be followed by several major verbal commits...high profile guys. In fact, Steve Robertson in his last Boneyard basically said to prepare for this.

This is all strategy and misdirection to buy time, stock up on talent, and try to make it through the next season. It's all a ruse. Smoke and mirrors. Those verbal commits will probably never actually sign with UNM but, hey, they get money for a verbal commit that is non-binding so why not? They will serve to pull other talent that wouldn't sign otherwise and then the "switcheroo" will be pulled on them.

In the end it's only delaying the inevitable but it's all about perception and image for them right now. Just be prepared for it and don't get your knickers in a twist. It's the beginning of the end for them.

good post

msbulldog
05-20-2016, 12:34 PM
I have no special insight but I will dance naked at the Sugar Bowl if it's not twice that.

I hope it's at least twice that, because I'm pretty sure nobody on this board wants to see you dancing naked!

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
05-20-2016, 01:23 PM
A bit of topic, but is Greg Sankey still the chairman of the NCAA's Division I Committee on Infractions?

MadDawg
05-20-2016, 01:30 PM
If the bears were going to release anything that in any way could be seen in a negative light, it will be at 4:45 this afternoon. But they aren't going to. Dawgology has it about nailed above.

Tbonewannabe
05-20-2016, 03:40 PM

They are going to delay as long as possible to pick up some commits. They are going to buy some guys that might go to us, UT, Ark, or maybe even Bama. They lock them up and hope that everyone else goes and gets other commits so when the shit hits the fan then those guys are choosing between UM and USM. The strategy will be to hope other SEC teams fill up their signing class so they don't have room when these "commits" start looking after the hammer drops.

archdog
05-20-2016, 04:39 PM
Calling it now. No way the release the info on a Friday. The news cycle is too long.

CadaverDawg
05-20-2016, 04:48 PM

I believe you are exactly right. Everyone should read this and expect it. Don't fall for it though

32 Dive
05-20-2016, 05:11 PM

^^^^^^ "Sticky" this post! ^^^^^^^

TXDawg
05-20-2016, 08:19 PM
The real deal here is that the NOA and UNM's response is not the end of anything. After UNM's response, the case still needs to be reviewed by the Board of Infractions after which the penalties will be handed down.

Even then, it might not be over. Most telling will be whether or not Tunsil's draft night text messages and confession are included in the NOA. If they are, it's pretty much over. If they're not, UNM & Freeze might as well grab their ankles and hold on for the ride.

Dawgology
05-20-2016, 09:01 PM
The real deal here is that the NOA and UNM's response is not the end of anything. After UNM's response, the case still needs to be reviewed by the Board of Infractions after which the penalties will be handed down.

Even then, it might not be over. Most telling will be whether or not Tunsil's draft night text messages and confession are included in the NOA. If they are, it's pretty much over. If they're not, UNM & Freeze might as well grab their ankles and hold on for the ride.

If coaches paying players and the text message stuff isn't in this NOA then it's not over but if the things that have been floating around are true and are included to some extent in this NOA then we shouldn't expect a second one. It would be great if there were but it will probably mean it's all over with. I just don't see that being the case though.

AlmostPositive
05-20-2016, 09:36 PM
Why would they need time to redact if the May 22 is just a response to the NCAA? If they don't make something significant public in the next few days, it's another flagrant lie for their AD.