PDA

View Full Version : How Ole Miss will know if they won Round I

AlmostPositive
05-19-2016, 10:13 PM
The stench of Bear denial is still strong, but apparently we are now the touchstone in their NCAA slowdance.

If the NCAA leaves any flesh on the bone, it looks like they'll be okay with it as long as any State fan wanted even one more scholarship reduction.

[unclereb wrote:]
The mutts are gonna howl at the moon in anger when it comes out and its not NEAR what they were hoping for. They have bet everything on us getting hammered, but it ain't gonna happen."

Newsflash, Bears: Most of us have enjoyed watching you nitwits lie and squirm and rationalize so much that we're already playing with house money. And you're going to slow roast for another five or six months.

And then we'll start discussing ROUND TWO... The Fire Next Time.

Schultzy
05-19-2016, 10:24 PM
All other troubles aside, they blew their chance at glory last year against a shitty Mempis team and an average Arkansas team at home.

Tunsil, Treadwell and Nkim aren't walking through that door.

TrapGame
05-19-2016, 10:28 PM
Do these numbnuts realize Freeze and Bdork ran like scalded dogs away from that shit show draft night? That's not a sign of strength or confidence. Neither one of those douche nozzles got in front of a microphone to explain exactly what happened and why it was all a misunderstanding. Now, every time you see Freeze on TV he looks like he hasn't slept in three days and rambles like an old woman. And Bdork is MIA. Somebody needs to put his picture on the back of a milk carton.

They. Are. Screwed.

BossDawg
05-19-2016, 10:31 PM
They are starting to get a little snippy again since we haven't had any new news circulating. The silence gives them confidence. Just wait until another nail starts getting hammered into the coffin and they will disappear into their holes again.

Reason2succeed
05-19-2016, 10:34 PM
The Bears will quickly forget that next week is the release of the Notice of Allegations that was sent to them FOUR MONTHS AGO!!! Never mind that there have been plenty of developments in those four months like...
1) a certain athlete admitting on national television that he took money from coaches.
2) investigators still asking questions to boosters and players.
3) Lindsey Miller still eager to tell the NCAA how Laremy ended up in Oxford.

The NOA being released next week is only the end of the beginning. Don't worry! It Is Still Coming!

AlmostPositive
05-19-2016, 10:40 PM
[RebelBruiser wrote]

"... not going to sit well with those that were being sold the idea that Ole Miss was about to get hammered....

I'm sure [they'll] shift to suggesting a second letter is coming, but that'll be total BS.

...if the NCAA was in the process of finding more that they wanted to charge us with, they would re-open the investigation now and include whatever they wanted to add with this investigation.

They won't complete one investigation while knowingly having something else that they want to pursue waiting in the wings. ... once the penalties have been levied, it means that they've exhausted all of what they plan to investigate that might have happened up until that point."

This is museum quality bullshit right here... I commend the author.

msstate7
05-19-2016, 11:06 PM
[RebelBruiser wrote]

"... not going to sit well with those that were being sold the idea that Ole Miss was about to get hammered....

I'm sure [they'll] shift to suggesting a second letter is coming, but that'll be total BS.

...if the NCAA was in the process of finding more that they wanted to charge us with, they would re-open the investigation now and include whatever they wanted to add with this investigation.

They won't complete one investigation while knowingly having something else that they want to pursue waiting in the wings. ... once the penalties have been levied, it means that they've exhausted all of what they plan to investigate that might have happened up until that point."

Bruiser must have missed where UNC just got a 2nd NOA

TTrams
05-19-2016, 11:15 PM
The Bears will quickly forget that next week is the release of the Notice of Allegations that was sent to them FOUR MONTHS AGO!!! Never mind that there have been plenty of developments in those four months like...
1) a certain athlete admitting on national television that he took money from coaches.
2) investigators still asking questions to boosters and players.
3) Lindsey Miller still eager to tell the NCAA how Laremy ended up in Oxford.

The NOA being released next week is only the end of the beginning. Don't worry! It Is Still Coming!

4) Someone has Tunsil's logins and/or file/iCloud access and could drop more bombs at any time.

Schultzy
05-19-2016, 11:23 PM
I'll never forget listening to Chuck and Doug in the morning and hearing about how much better um would be the year after Eli graduated.

They had turned the corner forever.

Bully13
05-19-2016, 11:51 PM
Rebel bruiser is officially my favorite black bear. His gifts will be biblical 10 months from now.

RougeDawg
05-20-2016, 12:21 AM
They are starting to get a little snippy again since we haven't had any new news circulating. The silence gives them confidence. Just wait until another nail starts getting hammered into the coffin and they will disappear into their DAMS & DENS again.

FIFY

RougeDawg
05-20-2016, 12:26 AM
Bruiser must have missed where UNC just got a 2nd NOA

Well to Bruiser's defense, his level of delusion would also prevent him from noticing a Santa Fe freight train smashing through his living room. Cut him some slack.**

Schultzy
05-20-2016, 12:34 AM
He managed to get banned from the bear friendly SPS so there's that.

TrapGame
05-20-2016, 07:42 AM
[RebelBruiser wrote]

http://blog.torgodevil.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Not-working.jpg

BB30
05-20-2016, 08:34 AM
He is quite delusional, almost scary how delusional he is. One thing I am worried about is the only thing that has seen the light of day is the Tunsil situation, this clearly had to be happening to several of their guys and none of it has really come to light. I hope and am sure that the NCAA has been thorough and there will be more coming out once everything is settled. As for the second letter you would think one would be coming. If the skate and get out light on this the doors will be thrown open and I don't know if the NCAA will be able to police anything.
That is the one reason I think they get a pretty good sentence due to the perception that the NCAA has lost it's teeth and this is the perfect school to hit. An SEC school but not an Alabama, LSU or UF. To be honest if we were in the same position I would probably be expecting to get some pretty rough sanctions due to the fact that we are not a powerhouse program. I just hope the NCAA doesn't drop the ball on this one and comes after them. Because the one thing that he is right about, and we aren't the only fanbase but there will be somewhat of a melt if they skate with just a few scholarships lost. I.E. Georgia fans will be pretty unhappy as well.

Jack Lambert
05-20-2016, 08:56 AM
Ole Miss is going to use every trick in the book. When it is all done and said they will end up taking the NCAA to civil court.

AlmostPositive
05-20-2016, 08:58 AM
Ole Miss folks seem to find it plausible that their coaches would pay Tunsil but nobody else, no sir, because that would be wrong.

The NCAA investigators may not be the FBI but they aren't stupid. They have established that Ole Miss pays players, and they will try to determine who else benefited. Tunsil was far from the only high ability low-character on the take there.

Thinking the NCAA has some motivation for low-balling the punishment because Ole Miss is Ole Miss is pure delusion. The ONLY thing that could make OM fans hopeful is that other cheaters have gotten off (cough, Cam, cough) but that is probably more of a reason for the NCAA to come down even harder to show the world they're relevant.

Ninety percent chance the sanctions will be emphatically worse than OM nation has been lead to expect by the most vocal sheep.

Indndawg
05-20-2016, 10:14 AM
Talked to a former player not an hour ago. He kinda keeps his ear to the wind since he's involved in hs athletics.

"What OM ppl are forgetting, there's a Level 1 headed there way b/c of testing and coverup"

Coach34
05-20-2016, 10:19 AM
OM is also forgetting the NCAA has to push this part through because of the time issue. They can't keep letting the academic fraud stuff drag out

Coach34
05-20-2016, 10:21 AM
"What OM ppl are forgetting, there's a Level 1 headed there way b/c of testing and coverup"

somebody has their fans completely sold that they aren't getting punished for that because it was under Nutt

DawgPoundLazer
05-20-2016, 10:40 AM
Interesting Freeze interview with Finebaum. He unequivocally says that if someone on his staff knowingly broke the rules then they will be fired. Bold statement considering they are going through an investigation in which some of his staff could be exposed.....especially the 2nd investigation involving the Tunsil texts.

http://es.pn/1XACoAm

some Bear coworkers are now saying Ole Miss is going to release the NOA and response next Thursday or Friday. If they are trying to release it the Friday before Memorial Day, you gotta think that is bad news for them.

Saltydog
05-20-2016, 10:55 AM
being. Course, if this guy was a 4 or 5 star there wouldn't be any issues with his grades.

http://www.redcuprebellion.com/2016/5/20/11712020/tariqious-tisdale-act-ole-miss-cam-akers-visit-list-recruiting-connor-blumrick

Tripp McNeely
05-20-2016, 01:52 PM
[RebelBruiser wrote]

Why the hell does he think the investigation is closed??