PDA

View Full Version : NFL CAREER

Prentis
05-19-2016, 11:28 AM
Which former bulldog had the most surprising nfl career to you guys? Surprising as in longevity due to draft round and position played. Two that come to my mind are Justin Griffith and Kevin Dockery.

Bubb Rubb
05-19-2016, 11:36 AM
Kevin Dockery is a good one. I would also say Kyle Love.

The biggest surprise to me was when the white receiver who played under Croom (can't remember his name) made the Cardinals.

Edit: I think it was Lance Long.

msstate7
05-19-2016, 11:39 AM
I'm gonna go the other way... I'm surprised jj Johnson wasn't better in the nfl.

parabrave
05-19-2016, 11:45 AM
I'm gonna go the other way... I'm surprised jj Johnson wasn't better in the nfl.

unfortunately JJ had Knee problems. He always reminded me of Eric Dickerson with his running style.

BrunswickDawg
05-19-2016, 12:06 PM
unfortunately JJ had Knee problems. He always reminded me of Eric Dickerson with his running style.

It is sad - it seems our RB's who make it to the league tend to get hit with injuries - Vic, Boobie, JJ

I'd have to agree with Kyle Love. Maybe add Tommy Kelly - a UDF who played 11 season with a Pro Bowl

whosyourdawgy
05-19-2016, 12:07 PM
It was JJ's neck that ended his career. He never got a fair shake w the Dolphins either. They drafted like 3 damn running backs that year and tried to split it up too much. He always got better as the game went along and he never really got that opportunity. Avery from Ole Miss was one of the other rb's and one more were drafted. Dumbasses.

parabrave
05-19-2016, 12:32 PM
It was JJ's neck that ended his career. He never got a fair shake w the Dolphins either. They drafted like 3 damn running backs that year and tried to split it up too much. He always got better as the game went along and he never really got that opportunity. Avery from Ole Miss was one of the other rb's and one more were drafted. Dumbasses.

Yeah I forgot about his neck.

ckDOG
05-19-2016, 12:46 PM
Which former bulldog had the most surprising nfl career to you guys? Surprising as in longevity due to draft round and position played. Two that come to my mind are Justin Griffith and Kevin Dockery.

Lance Long playing in the NFL at all. I didn't even know he was on our team. Thanks, Crooms.

dawgwood
05-19-2016, 04:24 PM
Walt Harris

sandwolf
05-19-2016, 04:34 PM
Walt Harris

What was surprising about his career?

Reason2succeed
05-19-2016, 05:07 PM
TK Kieras. That guy didn't do anything for us in college.***