PDA

View Full Version : Ole Miss spin

Bubb Rubb
05-19-2016, 08:27 AM
From 247:

***I was told last night that the expectations for the NCAA situation is for it to be over and done with sometime in August, which is a lot better than September or October. The staff is encountering it on the recruiting trail, but the belief is there will be plenty of time to surge and put together another outstanding class in the 2017 cycle. Meanwhile, they are hammering away and working through it. I am told this narrative of things may be worse than we are led to believe is baloney. The sun is still going to be shining on the Ole Miss football program once this is concluded, I am told.

Let's make sure we save this.

- There is no investigation
- There is an investigation primarily into women's basketball and track
- There is a little bit of football involved but it predates Freeze
- OK, we were being investigated in football and some included the current staff, but now the investigation is over
- OK, this is an active investigation and we are cooperating fully with the NCAA
- Opportunity fund!
- This will all be over in August and will be no big deal

dawgman42
05-19-2016, 08:29 AM
http://m.memegen.com/0rp0ex.jpg

1bigdawg
05-19-2016, 08:32 AM
I was told yesterday by a UNM insider that they are really trying to have an "open" process with the NCAA. He said that was risky and that if they lost over 10 scholarships over 3, it had clearly failed. I was speechless for a few seconds before just saying that it is going to be worse than 10 over 3.

They are buying the "insider" spin. It is amazing.

jumbo
05-19-2016, 08:32 AM
He's just spitting out the company line to keep their flock calm. Why anyone would believe what the OM mouthpieces have to say is a mystery to me.

spbdawg
05-19-2016, 08:43 AM
#

starkvegasdawg
05-19-2016, 09:05 AM
Next thing you know they'll be saying it was the NCAA that asked for the 30 day extension so they could have more time to figure out how to not punish tsun and save face. The Bears wanted to tell their side of the story but the NCAA asked them not to pretty please with sugar on top.

Coach34
05-19-2016, 09:27 AM
When the NCAA hits them harder they are going to play the victim role

"the mean ol NCAA punished us for doing what everybody else is doing"

TrapGame
05-19-2016, 09:29 AM
The implosion of this fantasy world om people live in is going to be EPIC!

http://img.ffffound.com/static-data/assets/6/24ae4333cdd6ab762eda01952cbf44f3708750a5_m.gif

Liverpooldawg
05-19-2016, 09:38 AM
Next thing you know they'll be saying it was the NCAA that asked for the 30 day extension so they could have more time to figure out how to not punish tsun and save face. The Bears wanted to tell their side of the story but the NCAA asked them not to pretty please with sugar on top.

They have already been saying that, did you forget your sarcastrics?

Reason2succeed
05-19-2016, 09:50 AM
When the NCAA hits them harder they are going to play the victim role

"the mean ol NCAA punished us for doing what everybody else is doing"

Hugh Freeze is being targeted because of his faith in Christ.***

PMDawg
05-19-2016, 11:27 AM
I'm beginning to believe UM believes there's an narrow "off-ramp" for them that avoids severe sanctions. After Draft Night I can't see a scenario where there they would avoid severe penalties....everything is too public and damning....but they genuinely believe an opening exists....it may be a 1% probably but in their minds that's good enough.

Draft night is not included in the first NOA, most likely. The first round of sanctions may not be very stiff in all actuality. If/when a 2nd NOA comes, that's when it will get bad. So get ready to hear them crow between the 2.

Bully13
05-19-2016, 12:53 PM
Draft night is not included in the first NOA, most likely. The first round of sanctions may not be very stiff in all actuality. If/when a 2nd NOA comes, that's when it will get bad. So get ready to hear them crow between the 2.

I find it hard to believe there will not be 2nd noa because it is quite evident the investigation continued on after the 1st was issued. I do agree though that the 1st round of punishment might be on the light side which will have the sheep giddy as hell and they will be insufferable for a while. Round 2 will be the gut punch that I'm waiting for.

spbdawg
05-19-2016, 01:07 PM
#

Bubb Rubb
05-19-2016, 01:12 PM
We know ACT fraud is in the 1st NOA. How many scholly losses would this alone net? I would think this alone would break double digits.

Let’s talk about facts.

What did Louisiana-Lafayette get?

11 scholarships over 3 years
22 vacated wins (including a Sun Belt championship)
A lengthy show clause for David Saunders

We also know that this was discovered during the NCAA investigation of Ole Miss. We also know that ULL cooperated completely and the scholarship reductions and vacated wins were self-imposed and the NCAA accepted them. So, what ULL got would be the absolute starting point for the NCAA with Ole Miss.

Add to that:
- A coach at another school was fired due to the Ole Miss investigation
- The burner phone stuff
- The old Tunsil stuff (loaner car, interest-free loans, etc.)
- The new Tunsil stuff (agent/runner contact, phone gift, receiving money from coaches, and whatever else stepdaddy told the NCAA)
- Women’s BBall and Track – potential LOIC

Plus there’s a whole laundry list of stuff that has been alleged and/or continues to be investigated.

You have the national media enamored with this story. You have a player admitting to receiving money from coaches live on national TV. You have reporters being run off who don’t toe the company line. You have school officials stonewalling and making misleading statements about the investigation.

Everything here is known as fact, and it’s only part of the story. Knowing this, how can anyone with rational thought believe the spin that nothing major will come of this?

1bigdawg
05-19-2016, 02:41 PM
My source says that if they get more than 10 over 3 it will be because they cooperated too much. Really!

TrapGame
05-19-2016, 02:57 PM
Let’s talk about facts.

What did Louisiana-Lafayette get?

11 scholarships over 3 years
22 vacated wins (including a Sun Belt championship)
A lengthy show clause for David Saunders

We also know that this was discovered during the NCAA investigation of Ole Miss. We also know that ULL cooperated completely and the scholarship reductions and vacated wins were self-imposed and the NCAA accepted them. So, what ULL got would be the absolute starting point for the NCAA with Ole Miss.

Add to that:
- A coach at another school was fired due to the Ole Miss investigation
- The burner phone stuff
- The old Tunsil stuff (loaner car, interest-free loans, etc.)
- The new Tunsil stuff (agent/runner contact, phone gift, receiving money from coaches, and whatever else stepdaddy told the NCAA)
- Women’s BBall and Track – potential LOIC

Plus there’s a whole laundry list of stuff that has been alleged and/or continues to be investigated.

You have the national media enamored with this story. You have a player admitting to receiving money from coaches live on national TV. You have reporters being run off who don’t toe the company line. You have school officials stonewalling and making misleading statements about the investigation.

Everything here is known as fact, and it’s only part of the story. Knowing this, how can anyone with rational thought believe the spin that nothing major will come of this?

THIS! The NCAA cannot and will not let them skate on this. This is beyond USCe and borders on SMU! The punishment will be severe.

AlmostPositive
05-19-2016, 03:39 PM
I just hope the NCAA can save face.

Coach34
05-19-2016, 04:24 PM
We are in 2 dynamics:

1. The NOA- what's in this isn't crippling but will be more than what the OM people think. Def more than ULL got

2. The new investigation- much like the old one, they will deny, deny, deny its going on until they can't hide it anymore. This one is going to be the backbreaker. All the new stuff- burner phones, Tunsil, etc.

After the penalties for the NOA come out- OM will claim victory cause Freezus didn't get a show cause. But he was never getting one from what was in the 1st one. Hopefully the NCAA doesn't take two years to get round 2 processing

BulldogBacker
05-19-2016, 04:55 PM
I think it is perfectly clear, that Ole Miss is getting to be known as the worst cheating school since SMU. Steve Spurrier, when asked by announcers at a golf tournament in Birmingham, was quoted on Paul Jones' 247 site by BhamDawg as "he was asked at the Regions Pro-Am in Bham today about what he thought about being commissioner of CFB.

He said something to the effect of "I don't know sounds like a lot of work flying around the Country keeping up with OM and whoever else is under investigation."

spbdawg
05-19-2016, 04:58 PM
#