PDA

View Full Version : Shocker - no CL coverage of Ole Miss' loss to Raffo.*

Taog Redloh
05-18-2016, 02:29 PM
nm

Brando
05-18-2016, 02:36 PM
Im Surprised they didnt have a headline like Wolves take advantage of Rebel errors, salvage win..even though it wasnt errors that won ASU the game

Martianlander
05-18-2016, 02:39 PM
Nothing in the unm Daily Journal either.

fishwater99
05-18-2016, 03:05 PM
Wow... not even online..

It did make the actual paper though..

Brando
05-18-2016, 03:20 PM
ASU is 134 in RPI per WarrenNolan. That loss has got to hurt pretty bad this late. I would almost think they would have to sweep A&M and have a couple other teams stumble to get a National Seed.

notsofarawaydawg
05-18-2016, 03:32 PM
They will spin it to make people believe they were pitching the "managers" in that game.

louisvilledawg
05-18-2016, 03:58 PM
I saw that ASU had 6 (six) (5+1) (Spanish for 6) errors last night and still won. holy hell

Todd4State
05-18-2016, 04:58 PM
ASU is 134 in RPI per WarrenNolan. That loss has got to hurt pretty bad this late. I would almost think they would have to sweep A&M and have a couple other teams stumble to get a National Seed.

It depends on what they do this weekend, what we do this weekend and what LSU and South Carolina do. I think when the chips fall they will simply be a regional host.

Brando
05-18-2016, 05:01 PM
It depends on what they do this weekend, what we do this weekend and what LSU and South Carolina do. I think when the chips fall they will simply be a regional host.

Yep, like i stated, they need some help...

chef dixon
05-18-2016, 05:07 PM
I saw that ASU had 6 (six) (5+1) (Spanish for 6) errors last night and still won. holy hell

Ole Miss opponents have committed 76 errors this year. Our opponents, only 51.

Brando
05-18-2016, 05:51 PM

Take Auburn out of that and it drops to 46. They had 1 Friday night and 2 each game Sat and Sun.

Taog Redloh
05-18-2016, 06:01 PM

If there was such a thing as advanced stats for college baseball, they would not show Ole Miss in a favorable light. Things like the errors, and schedule breaking for them....those things tend to run out come postseason time. Plus, they've already had their 'hot' run. No way they make it past the supers.

State82
05-18-2016, 06:10 PM
If there was such a thing as advanced stats for college baseball, they would not show Ole Miss in a favorable light. Things like the errors, and schedule breaking for them....those things tend to run out come postseason time. Plus, they've already had their 'hot' run. No way they make it past the supers.

This is a good point.

dickiedawg
05-18-2016, 07:21 PM
I kind of hope they host.
If they don't, chances are good they wind up in the regional opposite ours, and the idea of Egg Bowl Super Regional doesn't thrill me.

msstate7
05-18-2016, 07:57 PM
If they don't, chances are good they wind up in the regional opposite ours, and the idea of Egg Bowl Super Regional doesn't thrill me.

I wouldn't be that concerned. They can't match our pitching outside of a couple relievers. I'd be more concerned if lsu somehow ended up a 2-seed at usm. Poche and Lange could be dangerous even if poche hasn't lived up to potential so far

Brando
05-18-2016, 08:00 PM
The way we are hitting the ball, I would match us up against anyone in the country and be confident. We beat Houck from MZ, the dude from Georgia, 2 of Vandys best, and 2 of FL best. (Cant think of the pitchers from Vandy and FL, I know we didnt play Puk tho, but Im too lazy to look them up)

Brando
05-18-2016, 08:01 PM
Oh and we beat Lange and Poche.

Todd4State
05-19-2016, 01:17 AM

Based on how they looked against Hudson and Sexton and the fact that they haven't faced Pilkington thus far I wouldn't have a problem with it. Especially in Starkville. That said, I don't see Ole Miss not hosting at this moment. I suspect we will be opposite USM if I had to guess.

Todd4State
05-19-2016, 01:19 AM
The way we are hitting the ball, I would match us up against anyone in the country and be confident. We beat Houck from MZ, the dude from Georgia, 2 of Vandys best, and 2 of FL best. (Cant think of the pitchers from Vandy and FL, I know we didnt play Puk tho, but Im too lazy to look them up)

We beat Sheffield and Ben Bowden from Vandy, Tyler from Georgia, Faedo and maybe it was Dane Dunning from Florida? Oregon's pitchers were pretty good too.

mic
05-19-2016, 06:26 AM
I will be shocked if they win one game this weekend.. They better get a game early because they have No chance at winning game 3.

Brando
05-19-2016, 07:26 AM
We beat Sheffield and Ben Bowden from Vandy, Tyler from Georgia, Faedo and maybe it was Dane Dunning from Florida? Oregon's pitchers were pretty good too.

Yep. Your right. It was Faedo in game 2 and Dunning in game 3. Shore beat us on Friday night. We still had 8 higs against him, just couldnt string any together.