PDA

View Full Version : State winning the SEC this week is a 50-50 proposition

AlmostPositive
05-17-2016, 11:47 PM
But I'm betting on the 50 that has us doing what we haven't done in 27 years.

The chance that Florida and TAMU sweep LSU or OM is really pretty small. OM and LSU are playing their best ball.. I would take 4 to 1 odds they both win at least one game.

Arkansas isn't beating Dakota Hudson and they are likely to pack it in after they are out of the Hoover chase. They've lost ten in a row... 75% chance the home team sweeps.

Raise your hand if you had us winning the regular season and getting maybe a National 4 seed 10 weeks ago...

blacklistedbully
05-18-2016, 05:06 AM

The chance that Florida and TAMU sweep LSU or OM is really pretty small. OM and LSU are playing their best ball.. I would take 4 to 1 odds they both win at least one game.

Arkansas isn't beating Dakota Hudson and they are likely to pack it in after they are out of the Hoover chase. They've lost ten in a row... 75% chance the home team sweeps.

Raise your hand if you had us winning the regular season and getting maybe a National 4 seed 10 weeks ago...

Check the old post asking for preseason predictions. If we sweep UPig, I will be 1/2 game off my preseason prediction.

State82
05-18-2016, 06:26 AM
I would bet all my vcash plus a real Benjamin or two that neither UF or A&M sweep. IF, we sweep, an overall SEC championship is almost assured in my opinion.

AusTexDawg
05-18-2016, 09:09 AM
With high chances for rain in Baton Rouge, College Station and Starkvegas, mother nature might have something to say about who wins the regular season and division titles since winning percentage comes into play when rainouts don't get made up. Florida already missed a game against the Gamecocks.

SaintDawg
05-18-2016, 09:13 AM
IF, we sweep, an overall SEC championship is almost assured in my opinion. I never thought I'd hear that now after last season. This squad has a much better shot than the 2013 team.

maroonmania
05-18-2016, 09:19 AM

I believe that loss that Ark took in Baton Rouge where they were ahead like 9-1 really did them in mentally.

tireddawg
05-18-2016, 09:29 AM
Check the old post asking for preseason predictions. If we sweep UPig, I will be 1/2 game off my preseason prediction.

Did you fully believe it or were you throwing against the wall? Cause if you did, not bad.

blacklistedbully
05-18-2016, 10:39 AM
Did you fully believe it or were you throwing against the wall? Cause if you did, not bad.

Believed it. Gave reasons why. Followed that up with a post after we lost our first game to Fla Atlantic, jokingly amending my prediction to include 1 more loss.

Of course, I got really lucky with the numbers. I just felt really confident we were going to have a great team and a terrific season.

messageboardsuperhero
05-18-2016, 10:50 AM
Just win baby.

blacklistedbully
05-18-2016, 11:32 AM
Was just trying to find the old thread, but can't. Starting to wonder if it was here or on Rivals.

In any case, I did predict 41 wins, and we need to sweep to get there (knock on wood). So far, the only reference I can find is a thread from March about, "UNM delusion", where I quoted a poster on Red Cup Rebellion, Ole_logo, who quoted my 41-win prediction on their board as evidence of how delusional I was.

I'm not a member at RCR, but it sure would be fun to go back there and respond to that moron's quote. :D