PDA

View Full Version : Interesting info from Paul Jones at MSU247...

spiritual_machine2005
05-17-2016, 08:37 PM
Says that Dan Warner has been out on the road recruiting. Barney has not. It's been said before...but he gone.

Spiderman
05-17-2016, 08:48 PM
Says that Dan Warner has been out on the road recruiting. Barney has not. It's been said before...but he gone.

That's been going on for awhile.

Although Ole Barn was visiting with Simons and AJ. So it either started right after signing day, or they were just cheating like hell at that too.

It is interesting that they would take their best instate recruiter off the road at anytime.

Coach34
05-17-2016, 09:03 PM
Hey Barn:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoyvvEWHodk

Schultzy
05-17-2016, 09:21 PM
And now all of the sudden Warner has the time to go out on the road. Previously, Barney had a Special request granted from the NCAA to go out on the road and recruit so Warner could stay at home.

There are only so many "on the road recruiting" assistants allowed but OM made a special request for Barney to take Warner's place in this regard.

So Warner could coach only and Barney was his "out in the field" recruiting assistant pinch hitter because of family reasons.

engie
05-17-2016, 09:24 PM
He boutta squeal....

missouridawg
05-17-2016, 09:25 PM
He boutta squeal..... Finally, someone is going to get to tell their story.

GreenheadDawg
05-17-2016, 09:31 PM
Sorry for asking... But who the **** is Barney?

engie
05-17-2016, 09:36 PM

Who Tunsil needed to see for unexpected amounts**

missouridawg
05-17-2016, 09:36 PM

The first fallen, of what will likely be many. Barney is of text message fame with Tunsil. And has, allegedly, not cooperated very well with requests of him to fall on the sword. Barney was likely the key contact between OM football players on their discretionary payment system that was setup to provide monthly funds to the players.

For instance, it's rumored that AJ Brown got over $200K to sign with OM. He would get that in the form of monthly cash payments over the course of the years he is in Oxfords. Barney might be the guy that gets him his cash. Or atleast was that guy.

BulldogDX55
05-17-2016, 09:37 PM

The guy that Miller told Tunsil to contact in the text messages about getting the money for his mom's bills.

DancingRabbit
05-17-2016, 09:37 PM

OM asst AD, in charge of player payroll

Coach34
05-17-2016, 09:40 PM

****ing THIS- end of thread

Hey hey heyyyyy- Goooooooooodddddbyeeeeeee

AlmostPositive
05-17-2016, 09:42 PM
They've taken Barney's only bullet back....2329

GreenheadDawg
05-17-2016, 09:43 PM
Ahhhhh gotcha. Well I hope he doesn't lay down and take it. I hope he takes everybody down with him

ILOATHEBears
05-17-2016, 09:44 PM

So if Barney is out, that means nmu knows he is damaged goods and they admit it. So how can the NCAA not give LOIC to them at a minimum when u have an asst ad giving cash for pay for play

Coach34
05-17-2016, 09:45 PM
Ahhhhh gotcha. Well I hope he doesn't lay down and take it. I hope he takes everybody down with him

Barney be like:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-nwxuc2NWfyQ/Ti2nvuYkeyI/AAAAAAAAAYE/vXujQ-I1j3c/s1600/keep-trying-dont-give-up.jpg

Coach34
05-17-2016, 09:49 PM
So if Barney is out, that means nmu knows he is damaged goods and they admit it. So how can the NCAA not give LOIC to them at a minimum when u have an asst ad giving cash for pay for play

That's part of Round 2 that is going to bury them. The NCAA still has to figure out how to tie all this shit together- its literally overwhelming for them.

BeardoMSU
05-17-2016, 09:53 PM

Dude, it's called the "emergency fund". At least try and get your facts right!!!**

AlmostPositive
05-17-2016, 09:55 PM
No matter what we hear when poor Bjort finally gets to "put it out there," there will be a Round 2. And Round 2 ain't goan be pretty at all.

Schultzy
05-17-2016, 09:58 PM
I still can't believe they allowed their AD to go out in public and claim that "the NCAA investigation is over" four months ago.

Bully13
05-17-2016, 10:03 PM
this thread rocks. it gets my rocks off. listening to the bye bye song that 34 added to it makes it orgasmic. oh shit, need to go clean myself. 17 ole miss. this is good..

Coach34
05-17-2016, 10:10 PM
Barney be like:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-nwxuc2NWfyQ/Ti2nvuYkeyI/AAAAAAAAAYE/vXujQ-I1j3c/s1600/keep-trying-dont-give-up.jpg

and Freezus be like:

"you aint got to go home- but you got to get da helll outa here!!!!!!!!!"

C222
05-17-2016, 10:13 PM
No matter what we hear when poor Bjort finally gets to "put it out there," there will be a Round 2. And Round 2 ain't goan be pretty at all.

This is important for everyone to remember. If the results from the first NOA aren't as bad as everyone thinks, just wait a little longer.

DancingRabbit
05-17-2016, 10:26 PM
Barney just spotted in Holly Springs Nat'l Forest

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/67524148.jpg

RocketDawg
05-17-2016, 10:34 PM
I still can't believe they allowed their AD to go out in public and claim that "the NCAA investigation is over" four months ago.

That was before they knew Tunsil was going to squeal. That one really caught them off guard.

oldjoedawg
05-17-2016, 10:41 PM
and Freezus be like:

"you aint got to go home- but you got to get da helll outa here!!!!!!!!!"

RECORDED BY THE LEGENDARY CLARENCE "FROGMAN" HENRY......

ILOATHEBears
05-18-2016, 06:06 AM
That was before they knew Tunsil was going to squeal. That one really caught them off guard.

So here is how I see this playing. Round 1 isn't as bad. Bydork comes out and says it's all over there is no round 2 basically and they start the same circle of lies all over again, nothing to see here, the investigation is complete, we run a clean program, can't wait to tell our story, I trust how we do things as a program....buys them time and maybe move out west and create a new cult

engie
05-18-2016, 08:00 AM

He's said it no fewer than a half dozen times in published articles over the last 3+ years.

SouthMSDog
05-18-2016, 08:17 AM
I have had a source that is close to some major Ole Miss folks tell me some info last night about Ole Miss offering the following to the NCAA as a compromise:

Loss of 12 schollys over 2 years (including bball and track)
Firing Freeze and Bjork
2 year bowl ban

If the NCAA accepts that it will not be enough. They can keep Freeze, he is an average coach and damaged goods, people won't want to play for him. I want them to lose schollys so the next pawn they bring in can't run the same shenanigans that currently taking place. Not reducing the schollys for several years and firing Freeze would be like us pulling out of Iraq too soon - down with Al Queda only to see the rise of another regime.

But for them to offer up the heads of Freeze and Bjork is a good, good sign that they are in deep shit.

Bubb Rubb
05-18-2016, 08:22 AM

Maybe so, but the NCAA was still interviewing people at the time he said it. They were actively interviewing and it was being reported by Rosebowl and others. Bjork knew this and got behind the microphone and said it was over anyway. They were trying to publicly squash it and they knew they could if they had the CL in their back pocket.

The Tunsil draft night fiasco blew this thing wide open. That's the part of this that they didn't anticipate. Until then, they were controlling the message.

Bubb Rubb
05-18-2016, 08:25 AM
I have had a source that is close to some major Ole Miss folks tell me some info last night about Ole Miss offering the following to the NCAA as a compromise:

Firing Freeze and Bjork
2 year bowl ban

If the NCAA accepts that it will not be enough. They can keep Freeze, he is an average coach and damaged goods, people won't want to play for him. I want them to lose schollys so the next pawn they bring in can't run the same shenanigans that currently taking place. Not reducing the schollys for several years and firing Freeze would be like us pulling out of Iraq too soon - down with Al Queda only to see the rise of another regime.

But for them to offer up the heads of Freeze and Bjork is a good, good sign that they are in deep shit.

You're either trolling or your source is an idiot. No offense, it is what it is.

They aren't going to "offer up" Bjork and Freeze.
They aren't going to self-impose a two year bowl ban
12 scholarships over 2 years is not nearly enough. Years or scholarships. EXCLUDING track and basketball.

If those scholarship numbers were offered as you suggest, the NCAA is probably still laughing about it. That would be like walking into Cannon motors and offering 5K for a $50,000 truck.

MSUDawg99
05-18-2016, 08:29 AM

Barney Farrar, a recruiter for UM

MSUDawg99
05-18-2016, 08:30 AM
The first fallen, of what will likely be many. Barney is of text message fame with Tunsil. And has, allegedly, not cooperated very well with requests of him to fall on the sword. Barney was likely the key contact between OM football players on their discretionary payment system that was setup to provide monthly funds to the players.

For instance, it's rumored that AJ Brown got over $200K to sign with OM. He would get that in the form of monthly cash payments over the course of the years he is in Oxfords. Barney might be the guy that gets him his cash. Or atleast was that guy.

He aint the first to fall, but he also ain't gone be the last either.

MSUDawg99
05-18-2016, 08:43 AM
You're either trolling or your source is an idiot. No offense, it is what it is.

12 scholarships over 2 years is not nearly enough. Years or scholarships. EXCLUDING track and basketball.

If those scholarship numbers were offered as you suggest, the NCAA is probably still laughing about it. That would be like walking into Cannon motors and offering 5K for a $50,000 truck.

How many scholly's did U La La Laffy Taffy lose? And they're secondary to this whole thing. UM can't lose less than that I wouldn't think. Any UM fan thinking otherwise is dumber than a box of rocks.

SouthMSDog
05-18-2016, 08:43 AM

12 scholarships over 2 years is not nearly enough. Years or scholarships.

No trolling, and none taken. But the guy called the Shyhiem Carter intel and burner phones before they became popular knowledge. I would not just run to the board with something that Joe Blow randomly spouted off by the water cooler.

I agree with the years and schollys not being enough - that was the point I was making. But I do think they would be willing to offer up Freeze and Bjork, they are just figure heads in my opinion. Ole Miss is all about bringing in top talent, no matter who coaches it they believe this is their best business model. The sanctions have to be severe enough that they handcuff the entire 'network', not just the coaching staff. So I think it is completely plausible (and another display of their arrogance), that they would offer up Freeze and Bjork - why not? They know they are going to lose them regardless.

Bubb Rubb
05-18-2016, 08:52 AM
No trolling, and none taken. But they guy called the Shyhiem Carter intel and burner phones before they became popular knowledge. I would not just run to the board with something that Joe Blow randomly spouted off by the water cooler.

I agree with the years and schollys not being enough - that was the point I was making. But I do think they would be willing to offer up Freeze and Bjork, they are just figure heads in my opinion. Ole Miss is all about bringing in top talent, no matter who coaches it they believe this is their best business model. The sanctions have to be severe enough that they handcuff the entire 'network', not just the coaching staff. So I think it is completely plausible (and another display of their arrogance), that they would offer up Freeze and Bjork - why not? They know they are going to lose them regardless.

They're not going to offer up Freeze because that would be a PR disaster of epic proportions. He has been their hero for the past few years. It ain't happening. They also aren't going to offer up bowl bans because that's a major sticking point - in their world they mean too much to the conference and the conference would lose money if that happened. (the reality is that someone like Vandy would go to a bowl in their place, but Ole Miss folks don't exactly live in reality)

I expect Ole Miss to get sanctions on par with what was received at USC. Look at what Louisiana Lafayette received as a starting point, and then add the Tunsil stuff, other stuff that isn't being talked about anymore (Scarbrough, the other kid whose name escapes me that sat out two games this year, etc.), and LOIC. Then add the newer Tunsil revelations and what that could potentially open up for other recruits as well.

Bjork and Freeze will fight to the end. Lower level guys will be offered up as sacrifices.

starkvegasdawg
05-18-2016, 08:53 AM
That would be like walking into Cannon motors and offering 5K for a $50,000 truck.

Tunsil says that's still too much money.

Bubb Rubb
05-18-2016, 08:55 AM
Tunsil says that's still too much money.

I was teeing that up for someone to come along and hit it over the fence.

Dawgology
05-18-2016, 08:57 AM
No trolling, and none taken. But the guy called the Shyhiem Carter intel and burner phones before they became popular knowledge. I would not just run to the board with something that Joe Blow randomly spouted off by the water cooler.

Let me preface what I'm about to say with the credentials of my source: he is ex-NFL and is very connected. In fact, he has given me a lot of good info on some of MSU's current recruits. Why they haven't committed yet, etc. He is not always up on the rumor about the NCAA investigation but, in talking to him this week, he mentioned that this isn't slowing UNM down. The head coach and AD are nothing more than figure heads. This investigation is teaching them the flaws in their strategy. There will always be good to great recruits that are willing to take money to play regardless of bowl game appearances. They want to make money while passing time until the NFL combine basically. I think the plan is to continue with the money train, pay the blue chip recruits that are willing to come in, weather the storm and hit the ground running on the other side. He plays golf and such with one of their biggest donors. He didn't say he was told this by that donor he just said this to me.

If this is, indeed, their plan (not saying it is or isn't) then the NCAA has to send a message. If they don't, frankly, cheating is worth it and pretty much HAS to be done to be competitive. Really, what the NCAA does in this case will set an unspoken precedent for college football for years to come. Will be interesting.

Really Clark?
05-18-2016, 08:59 AM
How many scholly's did U La La Laffy Taffy lose? And they're secondary to this whole thing. UM can't lose less than that I wouldn't think. Any UM fan thinking otherwise is dumber than a box of rocks.

It was UL Lafayette not Monroe and the lost 11 total scholarships over 3 years for 1 major violation and no minor violations (the other 3 violations were on Saunders)

Bubb Rubb
05-18-2016, 09:02 AM
Let me preface what I'm about to say with the credentials of my source: he is ex-NFL and is very connected. In fact, he has given me a lot of good info on some of MSU's current recruits. Why they haven't committed yet, etc. He is not always up on the rumor about the NCAA investigation but, in talking to him this week, he mentioned that this isn't slowing UNM down. The head coach and AD are nothing more than figure heads. This investigation is teaching them the flaws in their strategy. There will always be good to great recruits that are willing to take money to play regardless of bowl game appearances. They want to make money while passing time until the NFL combine basically. I think the plan is to continue with the money train, pay the blue chip recruits that are willing to come in, weather the storm and hit the ground running on the other side. He plays golf and such with one of their biggest donors. He didn't say he was told this by that donor he just said this to me.

If this is, indeed, their plan (not saying it is or isn't) then the NCAA has to send a message. If they don't, frankly, cheating is worth it and pretty much HAS to be done to be competitive. Really, what the NCAA does in this case will set an unspoken precedent for college football for years to come. Will be interesting.

The NCAA knows all of this. The same can be said for USC - they were always going to continue to recruit at an elite level and have a network of boosters involved in the effort. That didn't change the fact that USC had a grand total of something like 46 scholarship players at one point due to scholarship sanctions. If that were to happen to Ole Miss, it would give us an opportunity to surpass them and make recruiting in-roads in the state, if we take advantage of it.

Sometimes we give Ole Miss too much credit. They ain't USC. They aren't too far removed from not winning a conference game in two years. They aren't far removed from the Orgeron fiasco. Their program is less accomplished than ours since the SEC went to the championship game format.

maroonmania
05-18-2016, 09:08 AM
Maybe so, but the NCAA was still interviewing people at the time he said it. They were actively interviewing and it was being reported by Rosebowl and others. Bjork knew this and got behind the microphone and said it was over anyway. They were trying to publicly squash it and they knew they could if they had the CL in their back pocket.

The Tunsil draft night fiasco blew this thing wide open. That's the part of this that they didn't anticipate. Until then, they were controlling the message.

Yep, pretty understandable that Lindsey Miller would turn state's evidence. Wasn't quite so obvious that Tunsil would feed the NCAA ammunition as well.

maroonmania
05-18-2016, 09:16 AM

Firing Freeze and Bjork
2 year bowl ban

But, but, but I'm really worried that AJ and family might not get their 200K payments if there is regime change in Oxford. I will have many sleepless nights over that.***

lastmajordog
05-18-2016, 09:20 AM
" If that were to happen to Ole Miss, it would give us an opportunity to surpass them and make recruiting in-roads in the state, if we take advantage of it."

I was hoping cadaver or coach would start a thread on THIS topic. What is MSU doing to prepare "IF" this sliding door moment of opportunity happens. Not just sports, but the school. UNM journalism school is being outed as a farce. Law school not a study or law but rather a study in corrupt abuse of the law and how to form a mafia style network to profit from it. Maybe it's just me but this seems a HUGE opportunity to do something to change forever the perception of MSU....especially to out of state students and media. Maybe a new state of the art video production school, a revamped communication/journalism school for REAL reporting. I've been hoping someone would bring this up for discussion in a separate thread.

Bubb Rubb
05-18-2016, 09:27 AM
" If that were to happen to Ole Miss, it would give us an opportunity to surpass them and make recruiting in-roads in the state, if we take advantage of it."

I was hoping cadaver or coach would start a thread on THIS topic. What is MSU doing to prepare "IF" this sliding door moment of opportunity happens. Not just sports, but the school. UNM journalism school is being outed as a farce. Law school not a study or law but rather a study in corrupt abuse of the law and how to form a mafia style network to profit from it. Maybe it's just me but this seems a HUGE opportunity to do something to change forever the perception of MSU....especially to out of state students and media. Maybe a new state of the art video production school, a revamped communication/journalism school for REAL reporting. I've been hoping someone would bring this up for discussion in a separate thread.

I'm sure the powers that be are considering how we take advantage. Priority one needs to be making sure our house is in order, because Ole Miss is going to throw the kitchen sink at us to try to bring us down. They went hard after Sherrill after they got slammed in the 90s by the NCAA, and they went all in after Mullen rubbed their noses in it for three years. They hate us being successful more than they love being successful themselves.

TrapGame
05-18-2016, 09:31 AM

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/2610892092/fzk2802lvqxy6mjtmjwu_400x400.jpeg

TrapGame
05-18-2016, 09:34 AM
I'm sure the powers that be are considering how we take advantage. Priority one needs to be making sure our house is in order, because Ole Miss is going to throw the kitchen sink at us to try to bring us down. They went hard after Sherrill after they got slammed in the 90s by the NCAA, and they went all in after Mullen rubbed their noses in it for three years. They hate us being successful more than they love being successful themselves.

There are state legislators who bleed red and blue that will put any and every road block in our path if om goes down.

Political Hack
05-18-2016, 09:39 AM
This has been going on for 3 years across multiple sports and multiple coaching staffs. It's a Loss Of Institutional Control. The cultural integration of pay for play spans their students, players, fans, boosters, local business owners, agents, "advisors," coaching staff, and athletic department officials. It's pervasive and its apparent.

They are going to be hammered into the Stone Age. The NCAA has absolutely no choice if they want to have any semblance of relevancy following this. If they let Ole Miss off with a slap on the wrist, the BigTen, Big12, ACC, and others will bolt. They hate what the SEC has done to college football.

ShotgunDawg
05-18-2016, 09:39 AM
The problem is the only way Ole Miss is beating us in recruiting is by buying players and those same kids are still going to want to be paid to play. So, unless we begin to pay players at the same rate Ole Miss does, how do we make inroads in recruiting?

You guys will be disappointed. Another team that's paying players (Tennessee) will swoop in and start landing those recruits and Butch Jones will be praised.

The lack of muscle by the NCAA has made college football a farce.

Liverpooldawg
05-18-2016, 09:52 AM
There are state legislators who bleed red and blue that will put any and every road block in our path if om goes down.

The difference in now and back in the day on that front is huge. We have a strong block down there now.

maroonmania
05-18-2016, 10:19 AM
The problem is the only way Ole Miss is beating us in recruiting is by buying players and those same kids are still going to want to be paid to play. So, unless we begin to pay players at the same rate Ole Miss does, how do we make inroads in recruiting?

You guys will be disappointed. Another team that's paying players (Tennessee) will swoop in and start landing those recruits and Butch Jones will be praised.

You make a great point. A large number of the recruits UNM has been getting are top end recruits that are wanting to be paid for their services and while UNM is probably the worst offender of "pay for play" they are certainly not the only school out there setting guys up with payments. For example, I don't think we would have gotten AJ Brown even if he had not gone to UNM. He would have likely gone to the next best "offer". Recruits and their families that have their hands out to play aren't going to stop wanting to be paid just because one school got busted. So bottom line, we might get a slight bump in state from UNM going on probation but we aren't going to do things very differently from how we do them now. If some are thinking it will be a bonanza for us due to UNM's trouble you are likely going to be disappointed because we will never be in the game for the Tunsils, Treadwells, RKs and Littles of the world.

Spiderman
05-18-2016, 12:40 PM
He boutta squeal....

Knowing Barney, I don't think so.

Plus, Barney, if scapegoated, will come out very very well.

msstate7
05-18-2016, 12:44 PM

Perhaps we've been right there with om on some recruits, but om paying top dollar was what tipped the scales.

jumbo
05-18-2016, 03:16 PM
Where did Paul say this?

Liverpooldawg
05-18-2016, 03:22 PM
You make a great point. A large number of the recruits UNM has been getting are top end recruits that are wanting to be paid for their services and while UNM is probably the worst offender of "pay for play" they are certainly not the only school out there setting guys up with payments. For example, I don't think we would have gotten AJ Brown even if he had not gone to UNM. He would have likely gone to the next best "offer". Recruits and their families that have their hands out to play aren't going to stop wanting to be paid just because one school got busted. So bottom line, we might get a slight bump in state from UNM going on probation but we aren't going to do things very differently from how we do them now. If some are thinking it will be a bonanza for us due to UNM's trouble you are likely going to be disappointed because we will never be in the game for the Tunsils, Treadwells, RKs and Littles of the world.
At least they won't be beating us with bought players. Good lord man that's huge by itself

BossDawg
05-18-2016, 03:29 PM

That's one of the most unfortunate realities of the state of Mississippi. We have so many politicians, lawyers, journalists and others in general with UM ties who consider the "success" of UM football and failure of MSU a top priority in their life, even before their own family and/or clients in many cases.

Many of them truly are sad individuals with mixed up priorities and a delusional grasp on reality.