PDA

View Full Version : Missouri State University (MSU in maroon jerseys) beating arkansas 5-2

Mutt the Hoople
05-17-2016, 08:07 PM
not a good night for the SEC.

Todd4State
05-17-2016, 08:14 PM
The funny thing is Tennessee, Kentucky, and Auburn are all winning. And Georgia is tied with Georgia Tech.

godlluB
05-17-2016, 08:29 PM
Sam Houston is beating A&M 4-0 in the bottom of the 6th

State82
05-17-2016, 08:42 PM
I really don't understand the scheduling tonight with everyone playing Thursday thru Sat. I think we were the only SEC team not playing tonight and I'm kinda glad too. No need to push the envelope with everything at stake this weekend.

Todd4State
05-17-2016, 08:44 PM
I really don't understand the scheduling tonight with everyone playing Thursday thru Sat. I think we were the only SEC team not playing tonight and I'm kinda glad too. No need to push the envelope with everything at stake this weekend.

Agree. Florida is also off as well though to be technical. I do like how Cohen does the scheduling for the most part.

AlmostPositive
05-17-2016, 09:36 PM
If we win Thursday night, ARK will have nothing to play for. And we will win Friday night.

2016 SEC Baseball Champions....

wasabaka
05-17-2016, 11:46 PM
Curious scheduling for sure by other SEC teams. I'm glad we have more time to prepare for the closing series. Thanks, Cohen and Stricklin, or whoever else is involved with the baseball schedule (no sarcasterisks on this one). Well played.

Todd4State
05-17-2016, 11:52 PM
Curious scheduling for sure by other SEC teams. I'm glad we have more time to prepare for the closing series. Thanks, Cohen and Stricklin, or whoever else is involved with the baseball schedule (no sarcasterisks on this one). Well played.

Yeah- and it allows us to rest our pitching staff in case we are playing for something like a SEC Championship. For example Ole Miss had to use two guys tonight that were prominent relief pitchers for them and probably burned them for game one against Texas A&M.

messageboardsuperhero
05-17-2016, 11:53 PM

This is why I have always felt that us playing 4 game weekends in the pre-conference is a smart move. We build up pitching depth by having to throw a lot of guys- and it also allows us to play fewer midweek games down the stretch in league play to stay rested.

It's a win-win.

Todd4State
05-17-2016, 11:57 PM
This is why I have always felt that us playing 4 game weekends in the pre-conference is a smart move. We build up pitching depth by having to throw a lot of guys- and it also allows us to play fewer midweek games down the stretch in league play to stay rested.

It's a win-win.

I like it too. It seems like what Cohen tries to do is schedule a good team like a Florida Atlantic and then a weaker team like a South Dakota State. That reduces our chances of getting swept while also preventing our RPI from tanking. It does allow us to see every pitcher that we have. It also allows us to simulate playing a double header in SEC play. Lots of good things.

wasabaka
05-18-2016, 12:10 AM

It's a win-win.

A thousand times yes on this one, although you hear nothing but bitching when we lose 2 of those 4 to a solid FAU team. It's a great way to build depth early in the season, and it's also a great way to save arms later in the season because you have already reaped the benefit of playing those teams early. I'm glad Cohen and Stricklin have figured out scheduling for maximum RPI rewards. We still have some work to do in that regard, but it is much better than the previous few years.