05-17-2016, 08:03 PM
5th inning.

msstate7
05-17-2016, 08:09 PM
I should probably know this, but who?

jbjones
05-17-2016, 08:14 PM
I should probably know this, but who?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-NKe0tlQkVVQ/TkPlk1UX7VI/AAAAAAAACiA/R2v0LlPXGs0/s1600/yell-leader.jpg

msstate7
05-17-2016, 08:15 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-NKe0tlQkVVQ/TkPlk1UX7VI/AAAAAAAACiA/R2v0LlPXGs0/s1600/yell-leader.jpg

Gotcha haha

AlmostPositive
05-17-2016, 09:21 PM
A&M is not beating OM three times in a row.
FL is not beating LSU 3 times
We're not losing to ARK

Ladies and Gentlemen, your 2016 SEC Baseball Champions....

preachermatt83
05-17-2016, 10:07 PM
A&M is not beating OM three times in a row.
FL is not beating LSU 3 times
We're not losing to ARK

Ladies and Gentlemen, your 2016 SEC Baseball Champions....

I like the optimism. I agree with first two points but I worry about us slipping up and losing one to Arky. It would suck for everything to fall into place and is not do our job.

AlmostPositive
05-17-2016, 10:26 PM
ARK just got swept at home. Do you think they will beat Dakota Hudson> Nope. And when they lose that they will face Sexton with nothing to play for. Even if they don't mail the last game in, they've just won one Sunday road game all season.

I would put our sweep chances at over 75%.. but anything is possible, as always.

Skydawg1
05-17-2016, 10:38 PM
ARK just got swept at home. Do you think they will beat Dakota Hudson> Nope. And when they lose that they will face Sexton with nothing to play for. Even if they don't mail the last game in, they've just won one Sunday road game all season.

I would put our sweep chances at over 75%.. but anything is possible, as always.I like the 75% at a sweep. I'll add a 95% chance of a series win. I think any Arkansas fan will tell you...they laid an egg this year after going to Omaha last year.

RocketDawg
05-17-2016, 10:43 PM

My seats at Davis Wade are pretty much right above the visitors section on the east side, and that's where the A&M "cheerleaders" were doing their thing, I guess for two games that they've been there ('12 & '14 I think). They were funny as hell to watch.

RocketDawg
05-17-2016, 10:46 PM
I like the 75% at a sweep. I'll add a 95% chance of a series win. I think any Arkansas fan will tell you...they laid an egg this year after going to Omaha last year.

We did too after finishing second in the nation a couple years ago (2014, I suppose it was). But we made a heroic comeback this year, and they probably will next year too. College baseball loses a lot to the Majors every year, but at least it's not during the season like it is in the minor leagues.

engie
05-17-2016, 10:48 PM
It's all adding up...

messageboardsuperhero
05-17-2016, 11:01 PM
We did too after finishing second in the nation a couple years ago (2014, I suppose it was). But we made a heroic comeback this year, and they probably will next year too. College baseball loses a lot to the Majors every year, but at least it's not during the season like it is in the minor leagues.

We won 18 SEC games and made a regional final the year after we finished #2- did we meet expectations that season? No. But let's not act like we laid and egg like Arkansas has this year.

Todd4State
05-17-2016, 11:49 PM
We won 18 SEC games and made a regional final the year after we finished #2- did we meet expectations that season? No. But let's not act like we laid and egg like Arkansas has this year.

We were also a 2 seed in a regional that year. I think that season gets perceived differently if we make a SR that year not to mention it was almost impossible to match what we did the year before anyway.

2011- Made a SR
2012- Won SEC Tournament
2013- Hosted Regional, Made CWS Finals
2014- Made the regionals as a two seed
2015- Laid a turd

Butch even said something to the announcers before the Saturday game that after last season it was like all of our fans forgot everything that happened the previous four seasons. I'm not sure that our fans realize how good we have been overall this decade minus last year of course.

wasabaka
05-18-2016, 12:34 AM
We were also a 2 seed in a regional that year. I think that season gets perceived differently if we make a SR that year not to mention it was almost impossible to match what we did the year before anyway.

2011- Made a SR
2012- Won SEC Tournament
2013- Hosted Regional, Made CWS Finals
2014- Made the regionals as a two seed
2015- Laid a turd

Butch even said something to the announcers before the Saturday game that after last season it was like all of our fans forgot everything that happened the previous four seasons. I'm not sure that our fans realize how good we have been overall this decade minus last year of course.

I think this is accurate. We tend to forget, given our "history" as an SEC baseball elite, how bad we were in the Polk II years before Cohen. Yes, we had a couple of good years in that era, but every true fan knows that we were trending down quickly. Once we saw some success on the backside of that, we expected that there wouldn't be a down year or two, which led to the angst we witnessed last year.

I think we fans should temper our expectations and realize that we will have a down year out of every three or four. Every baseball power does. Cohen, for all of his faults, has proven that he tries to stay ahead of changes in the game (i.e. ball specification changes). It may take a year to catch up, but his process in recruiting and coaching works. He has also proven this year that his meddling decreases proportionally to the talent available to him. We have seen less small ball and bunts from him this year, which I believe is an indication of how confident he is in this team offensively.

Cohen is definitely our man going forward, and I hope every State baseball fan realizes this, gets behind him, and enjoys the ride. It's going to be a long one.