PDA

View Full Version : Cam Robinson arrested on felony weapon charges

KentuckyDawg
05-17-2016, 08:56 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/05/17/potential-2017-top-pick-cam-robinson-faces-felony-weapons-charge/

MSUDawg99
05-17-2016, 09:02 AM
And Hootie Jones

starkvegasdawg
05-17-2016, 09:03 AM
Cam, I have Hugh Freeze on line 1.

MSUDawg99
05-17-2016, 09:05 AM
Alabama’s Cam Robinson, Hootie Jones Arrested In Louisiana Monday Night
Matt Lombardi

Two Alabama football players – junior offensive lineman Cameron Robinson and junior defensive back Laurence Hootie Jones – were arrested Monday night in Monroe, Louisiana on multiple charges.

According to the Monroe Police Department, Robinson and Jones were found parked in their vehicle in Forsythe Park after hours. Officers recovered a bag of marijuana along with two handguns – one of which was allegedly stolen. Both were arrested and booked in the Ouachita Parish Correctional Cetner.

Robinson is being charged with possession of a controlled dangerous substance, the illegal carrying of a weapon and the illegal possession of a stolen firearm – which is a felony. Jones is being charged with possession of a controlled dangerous substance and the illegal carrying of a weapon.

Both were booked just after 3:30 AM. Robinson’s bond was set at $750. Jones’ bond is not listed at this time.

Jones Robinson

Alabama has yet to release a statement on the matter.

32 Dive
05-17-2016, 09:10 AM
#Processed **

jumbo
05-17-2016, 09:10 AM
Cam, I have Hugh Freeze on line 1.

They are going to prison. Felony stolen hand gun charges.

msstate7
05-17-2016, 09:15 AM
Looks like lashley is shooting up the depth chart by default

HoopsDawg
05-17-2016, 09:15 AM
First round pick. He only cost himself millions. No big deal.

msstate7
05-17-2016, 09:16 AM
Lsu becoming more of a threat to win west than they already were

MSUDawg99
05-17-2016, 09:36 AM
And did you notice how al.com didn't shy away from posting the story? CL sux so bad. Embarrassing that you can't even cover the state's main stories in sports. Embarrassing that you have to quote other news sources instead of writing your own. Should be ashamed of yourselves.

MetEdDawg
05-17-2016, 09:48 AM
And did you notice how al.com didn't shy away from posting the story? CL sux so bad. Embarrassing that you can't even cover the state's main stories in sports. Embarrassing that you have to quote other news sources instead of writing your own. Should be ashamed of yourselves.

I hammer journalism a lot, but I will say that al.com is very good at reporting information in a timely manner. They do a pretty good job and seem to me to report information without bias pretty consistently, especially when it comes to sports in the state.

the59dawg
05-17-2016, 09:52 AM
Wow, only $750 for a bond on a felony gun charge

msstate7
05-17-2016, 09:57 AM

Does opportunity fund cover it?**

Coldsleeve Jr.
05-17-2016, 10:13 AM

He was a visionary**

jumbo
05-17-2016, 10:42 AM

Surely there are some zeros missing

MSUDawg99
05-17-2016, 10:54 AM
I hammer journalism a lot, but I will say that al.com is very good at reporting information in a timely manner. They do a pretty good job and seem to me to report information without bias pretty consistently, especially when it comes to sports in the state.

Wish we had that in this state. CL is as biased & crooked in sports journalism as the day is long.

AlmostPositive
05-17-2016, 11:00 AM
Wish we had that in this state. CL is as biased & crooked in sports journalism as the day is long.

It's not limited to sports. They have an agenda, and Gannett seems to be okay subsidizing it.

wayneland5025
05-17-2016, 11:03 AM
Wonder what Paul Feinbaum will have to say about it? He doesnt like to say bad things about his beloved Crimson Tide.

mparkerfd20
05-17-2016, 11:19 AM
Bye, bye football. Hello, sex-in-the-butt PRISON.

DancingRabbit
05-17-2016, 11:19 AM
OM twitters say this is proof that Freeze and OM innocent of all allegations

AlmostPositive
05-17-2016, 11:37 AM
OM twitters say this is proof that Freeze and OM innocent of all allegations

Firearm felonies are about the only malfeasance they have not been connected to... someone needs to look harder.

HSVDawg
05-17-2016, 11:39 AM
I bet not much comes out of it. He'll plea it down, get suspended 3 or 4 games, and that will be the end of it. Such is life in high stakes SEC football.

msstate7
05-17-2016, 11:41 AM
I bet not much comes out of it. He'll plea it down, get suspended 3 or 4 games, and that will be the end of it. Such is life in high stakes SEC football.

He was arrested in Louisiana which is the home of lsu... The school he shunned to go to their biggest rival. This may play a part in his outcome

AlmostPositive
05-17-2016, 11:47 AM
Good point.. Nick Saban will be hard=pressed to bigfoot the prosecutors down there.

HSVDawg
05-17-2016, 12:50 PM
He was arrested in Louisiana which is the home of lsu... The school he shunned to go to their biggest rival. This may play a part in his outcome

Color me skeptical. Its not like its difficult for money to travel from Tuscaloosa to Monroe, LA if thats what it takes to bury it. You can bet in the very least that he will have some elite, high dollar defense attorney representing him that he in no way could probably afford under normal circumstances. That's usually all it takes to turn a felony into a misdemeanor. Quite simply, under the current climate in the past few years we've seen probably a double digit number of high profile FBS players charged with drug possession, aggravated assault, rape, etc, and miss minimal games or even no games in some cases. I don't see why this would be much different, especially when it involves a program with the prestige and resources of an Alabama.

AlmostPositive
05-17-2016, 12:57 PM
Color me skeptical. Its not like its difficult for money to travel from Tuscaloosa to Monroe, LA if thats what it takes to bury it. You can bet in the very least that he will have some elite, high dollar defense attorney representing him that he in no way could probably afford under normal circumstances. That's usually all it takes to turn a felony into a misdemeanor. Quite simply, under the current climate in the past few years we've seen probably a double digit number of high profile FBS players charged with drug possession, aggravated assault, rape, etc, and miss minimal games or even no games in some cases. I don't see why this would be much different, especially when it involves a program with the prestige and resources of an Alabama.

If he is charged with a felony, it would be very difficult to bribe it away to benefit Alabama football in Louisiana. In Alabama, you wouldn't need a bribe... in Louisiana, it would take more than that.

HSVDawg
05-17-2016, 01:02 PM
If he is charged with a felony, it would be very difficult to bribe it away to benefit Alabama football in Louisiana. In Alabama, you wouldn't need a bribe... in Louisiana, it would take more than that.

That's what I'm saying though. He's going to have a $500/hr attorney working on his behalf. Maybe for free if he has ties to Bama or maybe paid for by their network. I'd be willing to bet that he is able to plea it down though. There won't be a felony charge. You're kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

Rexxx
05-17-2016, 01:29 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/05/17/potential-2017-top-pick-cam-robinson-faces-felony-weapons-charge/

Ole Miss logic says this is actually good news for Alabama.

NCDawg
05-17-2016, 01:36 PM

It still irks me we weren't able to sign Lashley. I have no doubt he would have signed with us if we had a different OL coach. We'll never get to Atlanta if we can't improve the play of our OL.

AlmostPositive
05-17-2016, 01:47 PM
That's what I'm saying though. He's going to have a $500/hr attorney working on his behalf. Maybe for free if he has ties to Bama or maybe paid for by their network. I'd be willing to bet that he is able to plea it down though. There won't be a felony charge. You're kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

You do understand that he already been charged with a felony, right?

You do understand that no elected official in Louisiana is going to curry favor with voters by letting Bama players off the hook for no apparent reason?

RIdog
05-17-2016, 02:05 PM
I bet not much comes out of it. He'll plea it down, get suspended 2 games, and that will be the end of it. Such is life in high stakes SEC football.

FIFY - They play UNM the 3rd game . :)

BeardoMSU
05-17-2016, 02:08 PM

Strong first post.

UMCDawg16
05-17-2016, 04:26 PM

What a first post. Big time.

HSVDawg
05-17-2016, 04:42 PM

You do understand that no elected official in Louisiana is going to curry favor with voters by letting Bama players off the hook for no apparent reason?

Let me rephrase it then. He won't be charged with a felony by the time it sees the inside of a courtroom.

Homedawg
05-17-2016, 05:43 PM

He's not going to get suspended for 3-4 games. No chance he gets that much.

Homedawg
05-17-2016, 05:44 PM

Doesn't mean it will end up a felony.

HSVDawg
05-17-2016, 06:45 PM
He's not going to get suspended for 3-4 games. No chance he gets that much.

Touche....great point.