PDA

View Full Version : Not to get too wooly...

CadaverDawg
05-16-2016, 06:38 PM
But could you imagine being an elite Juco baseball player or elite Senior in high school and having Cohen and Gooftroop Mingione come to your house and offer you a scholly to MSU? Look at what Lowe, Kruger, Mangum, Marrero, Pilkington, etc are doing as first year players. They have all stepped in and become impact starters, leading the #4 team in the country towards a National Seed.

Our recruiting should only get better due to what these Fr & Juco guys have done this season. Hats off to Cohen for seeing the talent and putting them in the lineup even though they're first year guys.

AlmostPositive
05-16-2016, 07:08 PM
I would sign on just to hang with Thor Mulletor.

( I read Cole G. was raised without TV or cellphones, so you know he's marching to a different drummer. S'pose he'll take over at first if/Lowe leaves?)

Barkman Turner Overdrive
05-16-2016, 07:32 PM
But could you imagine being an elite Juco baseball player or elite Senior in high school and having Cohen and Gooftroop Mingione come to your house and offer you a scholly to MSU? .

So Gooftroop is to Cohen like Hevesey is to Mullen?

State82
05-16-2016, 07:33 PM
I would sign on just to hang with Thor Mulletor.

( I read Cole G. was raised without TV or cellphones, so you know he's marching to a different drummer. S'pose he'll take over at first if/Lowe leaves?)

Interesting. Didn't know that about him. I would think he is the heir apparent at 1st.

State82
05-16-2016, 07:35 PM
So Gooftroop is to Cohen like Hevesey is to Mullen?

Except when it comes recruiting Mingione is like Nick Saban compared to Hevesy.

Commercecomet24
05-16-2016, 07:47 PM

Exactly! I know firsthand that these kids love Mingione. As goofy as he may seem to some of our fans, the guy can get the recruits.

ScottH
05-16-2016, 07:53 PM
And Wes hasn't brought in his guys yet. Let that sink in.

Thank you Sonny Golloway and Auburn.

Todd4State
05-16-2016, 10:35 PM

I was about to say- Mingione is NOTHING like Hevesy in any way shape or form.

Todd4State
05-16-2016, 10:35 PM
Exactly! I know firsthand that these kids love Mingione. As goofy as he may seem to some of our fans, the guy can get the recruits.

The parents like him too. He is one of the best recruiters in college baseball right now- and the proof is in the pudding.

Commercecomet24
05-16-2016, 10:36 PM
I was about to say- Mingione is NOTHING like Hevesy in any way shape or form.

Yep!

Todd4State
05-16-2016, 10:37 PM
But could you imagine being an elite Juco baseball player or elite Senior in high school and having Cohen and Gooftroop Mingione come to your house and offer you a scholly to MSU? Look at what Lowe, Kruger, Mangum, Marrero, Pilkington, etc are doing as first year players. They have all stepped in and become impact starters, leading the #4 team in the country towards a National Seed.

Our recruiting should only get better due to what these Fr & Juco guys have done this season. Hats off to Cohen for seeing the talent and putting them in the lineup even though they're first year guys.

Our 2018 class could rival this years freshman class- JT Ginn, Chance Denson, Jeremiah Jackson, and Luke Hancock already in the fold.

TXDawg
05-16-2016, 10:42 PM
Interesting. Didn't know that about him. I would think he is the HAIR apparent at 1st.

FIFY...

dawgoneyall
05-16-2016, 11:18 PM

Thompson was a large, large part of building this team. He will be a force at Auburn if Auburn lets him.

Todd4State
05-16-2016, 11:25 PM
Thompson was a large, large part of building this team. He will be a force at Auburn if Auburn lets him.

I think they will. They aren't that far as it is. Of course, they need to learn to wait until year three with Butch based on our pitchers.

Bucky Dog
05-17-2016, 04:28 AM

He brought Daniel Brown in who was a Dallas Baptist commit.

I seen it dawg
05-17-2016, 05:03 AM
He brought Daniel Brown in who was a Dallas Baptist commit.

You know this isn't Browns first year right? He was here last year when Wes was at DBU....

ScoobaDawg
05-17-2016, 08:14 AM
You know this isn't Browns first year right? He was here last year when Wes was at DBU....

But if it was said on TV it has to be true. Not to mention how do you transfer in the winter (Johnson became our pitching coach mid fall) and be eligible to play the same season. Doesn't work like that

Coldsleeve Jr.
05-17-2016, 08:22 AM
But if it was said on TV it has to be true. Not to mention how do you transfer in the winter (Johnson became our pitching coach mid fall) and be eligible to play the same season. Doesn't work like that

Yeah that announcer was confused. Brown was on the roster last year and was already here before Wes.