PDA

View Full Version : According to Boyd's World, we're #8 but cannot finish in top 8...

MedDawg
05-16-2016, 03:34 PM
I realize that we don't have to be #8 to get a national seed and boyd's determination would obviously be because of our poor upcoming opponent, but it still makes no sense. #3, #4, and #5 are safely in the Top 8 (even if swept?), and according to Boyd, there is no way for #9 Vandy or #10 Texas Tech to make Top 8. #12 LSU can make top 8 if they win 3 of 4 vs #40 Northwestern State and #1 Florida.

However,

#7 South Carolina has to have to make Top 8 (#252 Citadel at home, then 3 at Bama):
0 home wins, 3 road wins
1 home wins, 2 road wins

#6 North Carolina State has to have to make Top 8 (3 vs #15 UNC at home):
2 home wins, 0 road wins

So what happens if State sweeps and #6 and #7 and LSU don't get what they needed? #8 MSU wouldn't stay in the Top 8 or move up?

ScoobaDawg
05-16-2016, 03:46 PM
It's just a mistake and doesn't matter... we are a national seed with one more win.. if we even need that

MarketingBully
05-16-2016, 05:11 PM
I can't stand this obsession our fans have with RPI. Guys, we are basically playing last year's team to finish out the season at home who have quit. We will at least win two with a high probability of a sweep. We are a national seed period.

Todd4State
05-16-2016, 05:22 PM
I can't stand this obsession our fans have with RPI. Guys, we are basically playing last year's team to finish out the season at home who have quit. We will at least win two with a high probability of a sweep. We are a national seed period.

That's actually the worst part about losing to someone like EKU. We have to hear about it for months because "that loss killed our RPI".

We even had a couple worried about it when we were like 13th in RPI a couple of weeks ago.

Taog Redloh
05-16-2016, 05:38 PM

Nothing inherently WRONG with RPI, as long as it's used for what it's intended to be used for - a simple metric. No more important than anything else. It's simple math, so it has some objectivity to it. And until some more advanced stats are composed, it's about all we got.

chef dixon
05-16-2016, 05:39 PM
Guys, still wayyyyyyyy too early in the season to look at RPI ***