PDA

View Full Version : Ole Miss is a paper tiger.....

Taog Redloh
05-16-2016, 10:26 AM
1) Gamed the RPI
2) All their good series wins at home (Louisville, LSU) - yeah those are the only two, and Funkhouser was plumb terrible at the beginning of the season
3) Padded their W total with shitty teams
4) Lost to all regional teams on the road (MSU, Alabama, and Carolina swept them at home)
5) Never seen the amount of luck, errors and freak come-backs they've had, and reality says this will even out
6) They are hot now, rather than postseason

I'm willing to bet Texas A&M is about to haymaker them in the face and they will falter in their own regional. If they do get out of it, they will lose a super on the road. But you watch, those lucky punks will get to host a super when some random 2 seed knocks off Miami or somebody in the flukiest game imaginable.

msstate7
05-16-2016, 11:03 AM
I think they're probably a little better than you give them credit for. I don't think they're among the elite in the sec though... That's aTm, Florida, and us. I think they're in the next group of vandy, SC, and lsu.

Om seems to do a good job of clutch hitting. I like short and stokes as relievers. I like the left side of their infield defensively

Taog Redloh
05-16-2016, 11:14 AM
I think they're probably a little better than you give them credit for. I don't think they're among the elite in the sec though... That's aTm, Florida, and us. I think they're in the next group of vandy, SC, and lsu.

Om seems to do a good job of clutch hitting. I like short and stokes as relievers. I like the left side of their infield defensively

Probably. I just hate everything their douchetastic program stands for and they simply won't go away. I don't think they are THAT good based on our games vs. them but they just can't seem to lose. I guess when we are as good as we are, everyone else seems inferior.

CadaverDawg
05-16-2016, 11:28 AM
1) Gamed the RPI
2) All their good series wins at home (Louisville, LSU) - yeah those are the only two, and Funkhouser was plumb terrible at the beginning of the season
3) Padded their W total with shitty teams
4) Lost to all regional teams on the road (MSU, Alabama, and Carolina swept them at home)
5) Never seen the amount of luck, errors and freak come-backs they've had, and reality says this will even out
6) They are hot now, rather than postseason

I'm willing to bet Texas A&M is about to haymaker them in the face and they will falter in their own regional. If they do get out of it, they will lose a super on the road. But you watch, those lucky punks will get to host a super when some random 2 seed knocks off Miami or somebody in the flukiest game imaginable.

I agree.

Oh, they will be paired with us if they aren't a National Seed. No doubt

BiscuitEater
05-16-2016, 11:28 AM
I'm willing to bet Texas A&M is about to haymaker them in the face and they will falter in their own regional.

Meanwhile, we still NEED the sob's to taked one maybe two from A&M. Can't win the outright SEC Title if A&M sweeps. As much as I hate it .. will have to pull for them.

msstate7
05-16-2016, 11:32 AM
I agree.

If they host and we're a national seed, I don't think we can be paired. We'll probably be paired with usm

Taog Redloh
05-16-2016, 11:35 AM
Meanwhile, we still NEED the sob's to taked one maybe two from A&M. Can't win the outright SEC Title if A&M sweeps. As much as I hate it .. will have to pull for them.

If we and Texas A&M sweep, we'll be the SEC co-champs. SEC doesn't recognize a tie-breaker (except for Hoover) in this case. And, the banner will say SEC Champions. So who cares? I'd rather them get swept at A&M. I hate them that bad. Do you see how bad this board hates them in football? Well, I feel like that for baseball. Their football program doesn't really bother me that much.

mstatefan91
05-16-2016, 11:37 AM
If we and Texas A&M sweep, we'll be the SEC co-champs. SEC doesn't recognize a tie-breaker (except for Hoover) in this case. And, the banner will say SEC Champions. So who cares? I'd rather them get swept at A&M. I hate them that bad. Do you see how bad this board hates them in football? Well, I feel like that for baseball. Their football program doesn't really bother me that much.

No tie breaker for the overall? I find that surprising.

Taog Redloh
05-16-2016, 11:39 AM
If they host and we're a national seed, I don't think we can be paired. We'll probably be paired with usm

This is correct, from what I've heard. I don't remember two in-conference foes being paired as #1s.

msstate7
05-16-2016, 11:39 AM

Odd... Their baseball team bothers you more than their blantantly cheating football program led by their self righteous coach

Taog Redloh
05-16-2016, 11:41 AM
No tie breaker for the overall? I find that surprising.

It all depends on how you look at it. They don't really recognize it in football or basketball, but the prize is just so much bigger in football. It's a shot at Atlanta, while in basketball and baseball it's more for seeding. Sure it's better to be the outright champs but you're the champs nonetheless. I think Ole Miss has an SEC West banner in football for 2003.

breazy
05-16-2016, 11:41 AM

Bullshit, You cant claim any co championship with a team that swept you. If it were South Carolina maybe, but if we finish tied, A&M is the champion regardless of what the "SEC" recognizes

Taog Redloh
05-16-2016, 11:43 AM
Odd... Their baseball team bothers you more than their blantantly cheating football program led by their self righteous coach

They've always had a leg up on us in football, and they actually do have some history, albeit old. Their baseball program has always been our whipping boy, and now, because of Polk, we essentially helped them become what they are today. They are still solidly behind us but now they think they aren't, and people around the country have started noticing them. All their traditions are douchey, and their fans are dumb.

Taog Redloh
05-16-2016, 11:44 AM
Bullshit, You cant claim any co championship with a team that swept you. If it were South Carolina maybe, but if we finish tied, A&M is the champion regardless of what the "SEC" recognizes

Bullshit back, I'll claim what I want. And yes, SEC recognition is all that matters, not your preferences (which is what I said in my post, which makes you wrong).

Boodawg
05-16-2016, 11:46 AM

My thoughts as well. I hate them equally in all sports. Their fans suck donkey nuts. However, I do have a few um friends. They are not like the majority of um fans though.

breazy
05-16-2016, 11:50 AM
makes you just as dumb as the secwest cochamps banner they have hanging in their stadium. You can keep that bs, if we don't win outright i will never claim a champ where we tied with a team that swept us. its chicken shit. if tie breakers are used for seeding, they should also be used to determine the Reg. Season Champ.

AlmostPositive
05-16-2016, 12:00 PM
You can pretend the title doesn't exist, but that will be between you and imagination.

pilldawg
05-16-2016, 12:13 PM
makes you just as dumb as the secwest cochamps banner they have hanging in their stadium. You can keep that bs, if we don't win outright i will never claim a champ where we tied with a team that swept us. its chicken shit. if tie breakers are used for seeding, they should also be used to determine the Reg. Season Champ.

the fact that Texas A&M got swept by Florida and we beat Florida. Head to head can simply be a who was hot or a bad match up.

BulldogBear
05-16-2016, 12:14 PM
That's what I was about to ask. Is USM still in the hosting convo I assume?

HSVDawg
05-16-2016, 12:28 PM
Well I hope they are good enough to take at least one this weekend. We need it.

ScoobaDawg
05-16-2016, 01:00 PM
I agree.

Can't per the rules of pairing. Not before Omaha.
http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/di-baseball-committee-studies-seeding-16-teams

"One bracketing principle the committee must follow is separating top-seeded regional teams from the same conference. This ensures that those teams cannot meet in a super regional."

jumbo
05-16-2016, 01:37 PM

So you're saying that come Sunday if both A&M and us are 2-0 you will be pulling for A&M to beat OM? GTFO if so.

Dawg496
05-16-2016, 01:40 PM
So you're saying that come Sunday if both A&M and us are 2-0 you will be pulling for A&M to beat OM? GTFO if so.

I know I'll be doing a rain dance in that scenario. And since I'm in Texas, hopefully it won't also affect Starkville.

starkvegasdawg
05-16-2016, 02:29 PM
Don't you mean paper bear?

GreenheadDawg
05-16-2016, 02:38 PM

Wow you sound really bitter. Don't worry, maybe the NCAA will be nice and at least use some lube on ya'll. Chin up fella

breazy
05-16-2016, 02:41 PM
Wow you sound really bitter. Don't worry, maybe the NCAA will be nice and at least use some lube on ya'll. Chin up fella

WTF are you talking about, been a dog my whole life. I personally won't claim a title that is shared w/ a team that swept us. I guess its a me thing.

Taog Redloh
05-16-2016, 03:18 PM

My thoughts too.

breazy
05-16-2016, 03:36 PM
Get ****ed if you think im a rebel prove it, I've been a dog my whole life.

BossDawg
05-16-2016, 04:13 PM
Probably. I just hate everything their douchetastic program stands for and they simply won't go away.

I know exactly what you mean. Basically, their entire baseball program was built by Ron Polk anyway. Thanks to Templeton and Polk getting lazy, it gave UM a window to make some noise. There's a reason UM's baseball program is known as "The House that Ron Polk Built". What's funny is this is the best they have ever been and they still have yet to accomplish what State has, even during our worst years (except for their one measly trip to Omaha) we have accomplished just as much as they have. I remember when they didn't even know baseball existed anyway. It was only when they got significantly better than State that they started "caring".

smootness
05-16-2016, 04:54 PM
Ole Miss has a good team, but we're absolutely better.

smootness
05-16-2016, 04:55 PM

The great thing is that it doesn't matter who we root for. I hope we win the SEC, and I also hope Ole Miss gets swept. We'll see which, if either, happens.

chef dixon
05-16-2016, 05:33 PM
Honestly, their players aren't even that close to as good as ours this season, but they kind of gel well as a team and make good baseball plays consistently.

Todd4State
05-16-2016, 05:38 PM
I know exactly what you mean. Basically, their entire baseball program was built by Ron Polk anyway. Thanks to Templeton and Polk getting lazy, it gave UM a window to make some noise. There's a reason UM's baseball program is known as "The House that Ron Polk Built". What's funny is this is the best they have ever been and they still have yet to accomplish what State has, even during our worst years (except for their one measly trip to Omaha) we have accomplished just as much as they have. I remember when they didn't even know baseball existed anyway. It was only when they got significantly better than State that they started "caring".

And they will stop caring again once they get back to Tennessee baseball level.

Todd4State
05-16-2016, 05:42 PM
Honestly, their players aren't even that close to as good as ours this season, but they kind of gel well as a team and make good baseball plays consistently.

They have a lot of veteran hitters- a few played in Omaha for them like Woodman, Robinson, Bortles, and etc. They also have a good bullpen. But their starting rotation is an issue for them. To me their bullpen is why they are able to make some comebacks because they usually can hold an opponent at bay and it buys their offense time to make something good happen. This is the last group that Godwin brought in for them- and they are draft eligible now. I think their pitching will be OK next year- but they are going to have to find some hitters around Lartigue to have an elite year.

Taog Redloh
05-16-2016, 06:17 PM
They have a lot of veteran hitters- a few played in Omaha for them like Woodman, Robinson, Bortles, and etc. They also have a good bullpen. But their starting rotation is an issue for them. To me their bullpen is why they are able to make some comebacks because they usually can hold an opponent at bay and it buys their offense time to make something good happen. This is the last group that Godwin brought in for them- and they are draft eligible now. I think their pitching will be OK next year- but they are going to have to find some hitters around Lartigue to have an elite year.

I think you're right, they'll lose a lot next season and I think if we can get through this year without them making a run, we'll start to see consistent domination over them. Bramlett and Short are likely gone, as are Robinson, Lartigue and Woodman. I think you meant Blackman above when you said Lartigue, Lartigue is a junior.