PDA

View Full Version : GI Yak trip: Tips & Feedback Welcomed

BeastMan
05-16-2016, 08:17 AM
We're inside of a month to my yak trip to GI. Me and 2 other buddies are loading up the yaks and staying at Moran's. As far as range, id launch anywhere from where we're staying to the island. Off Hwy 1 to the kayak launch on the north side of the island. I've done some Google Earth scouting to I have a general idea. I have a few spots that look great from a comando launch standpoint. We'll probably keep it simple and throw bait shrimp tipped plastic. I've never fished this area from a kayak so any input or ideas are welcome.

BeastMan
06-01-2016, 08:43 AM
Bump. Not this weekend but the next

Duckdawg
06-01-2016, 09:57 AM
So, youre staying at Moran's in Fourchon?

BeastMan
06-01-2016, 10:35 AM
So, youre staying at Moran's in Fourchon?

Yessir. Decided there because it's kind of central. We'll be on the island but we have close access to all of hwy 1 and if the wind kicks up, we're right around the corner from Leeville.

Duckdawg
06-01-2016, 10:48 AM
OK, Ive seen some videos on youtube of people fishing in yaks just south of the 90 degree turn in the bridge at Leeville, fishing west of the bridge. I guess they put in at the Leeville boat ramp and paddle down there. Lotta yaks are putting in at Topwater and fishing east of our camp too.

BeastMan
06-01-2016, 03:03 PM
OK, Ive seen some videos on youtube of people fishing in yaks just south of the 90 degree turn in the bridge at Leeville, fishing west of the bridge. I guess they put in at the Leeville boat ramp and paddle down there. Lotta yaks are putting in at Topwater and fishing east of our camp too.

Will topwater let someone not staying there launch? I'm sure it's a pay deal, if they do which is fine.

Duckdawg
06-06-2016, 11:03 AM
Will topwater let someone not staying there launch? I'm sure it's a pay deal, if they do which is fine.

Yeah, I think its $7

BeastMan
06-06-2016, 03:59 PM
Yeah, I think its $7

Sweet thanks. Weather is looking like this may be a better idea than the island