PDA

View Full Version : Heard over the weekend that Freezus

Coach34
05-16-2016, 06:42 AM
Is now being shopped to the NFL and CFL by Sexton. This came from another agent out of Atlanta

If true- it's about to get really bad in Oxford. Problem is that Freezus is no Pete Carroll and this is not the time of year to be looking for a job. Freezus would probably make a decent WR coach in the CFL though

starkvegasdawg
05-16-2016, 06:45 AM
But they're negotiating so the NCAA can save face. This must be a complete and total ED fabrication to drive site hits.

starkvegasdawg
05-16-2016, 06:53 AM
http://i.imgur.com/um5mNeC.png

Dawgface
05-16-2016, 06:59 AM
That would be funny if he bailed to the CFL before sanctions are handed out. That would pretty much tell the story.

msstate7
05-16-2016, 07:06 AM
I'm not sure why freeze would bail at this point. He won't find a job that pays anywhere close to his current salary. Might as well ride it out and hope he survives or can somehow get his buyout

basedog
05-16-2016, 07:15 AM
I'm not sure why freeze would bail at this point. He won't find a job that pays anywhere close to his current salary. Might as well ride it out and hope he survives or can somehow get his buyout

Pretty sure the administration is in holding pattern on Freeze right now, if the Ncaa hands him a show case he will lose his money, if he survives Om want be searching for a Coach at least another year. Not sure Freeze is in a negotiating situation now.

msstate7
05-16-2016, 07:19 AM
Pretty sure the administration is in holding pattern on Freeze right now, if the Ncaa hands him a show case he will lose his money, if he survives Om want be searching for a Coach at least another year. Not sure Freeze is in a negotiating situation now.

Maybe not... Freeze could threaten to burn the program down big time though if om tries to skate on buyout

Coach34
05-16-2016, 07:23 AM
Maybe not... Freeze could threaten to burn the program down big time though if om tries to skate on buyout

If he is officially labeled as a cheater by the NCAA-OM won't have to pay his buyout. Both sides have dead bodies on the other. Freezus won't be able to do anything.

ShotgunDawg
05-16-2016, 07:30 AM
Problem is that Freeze is only about 40% of the problem and is a pawn in this case. 60% of the problem is a Network of boosters, that includes Archie Manning, that set out to hire a coach that would specifically look the other way and allow institutionalized, systematic cheating.

What happens to them? Can they be relegated to being boosters of Quinnepiac?

basedog
05-16-2016, 07:30 AM

He would have no case plus I don't think he would say anything. Like 34 says, dead bodies everywhere right now, we will see who they are shortly.

Boodawg
05-16-2016, 07:47 AM
If freeze is fired or labeled as a cheater, I would have to believe he would do everything in his power to get that label removed. I think he would turn on them if it would repair his image in the least.

starkvegasdawg
05-16-2016, 07:48 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=04F4xlWSFh0

Dawgowar
05-16-2016, 07:49 AM
Problem is that Freeze is only about 40% of the problem and is a pawn in this case. 60% of the problem is a Network of boosters, that includes Archie Manning, that set out to hire a coach that would specifically look the other way and allow institutionalized, systematic cheating.

What happens to them? Can they be relegated to being boosters of Quinnepiac?

Potentially, depending on how much the NCAA has confirmed (not proven) in their own minds, the school could lose or have suspended the ability to even have booster involvement. The ban could apply across one or two sports for a period of time or the entire athletic department. They have that authority.

They can be banned from TV and from taking TV money. By sport or as a department.

Given the amount of national media this is getting none of the big fish may be able to hide or sweep things under the table. You have scandal at UNM and Tennessee - potential exists for the Manning name to be involved with both. Suspect the media might exploit kicking a big name - it's what they do.

It's interesting theater to say the least.

Bullsy
05-16-2016, 08:08 AM
***he should have taken the florida job last year

LeakyD
05-16-2016, 08:08 AM
OM gave Freeze an opportunity to make around 20M that he never would have made. Disgraced or not, probably worth it it to Bucky.

missouridawg
05-16-2016, 08:16 AM
Is now being shopped to the NFL and CFL by Sexton. This came from another agent out of Atlanta

If true- it's about to get really bad in Oxford. Problem is that Freezus is no Pete Carroll and this is not the time of year to be looking for a job. Freezus would probably make a decent WR coach in the CFL though

We already knew this.
This is good news.
We can't wait to tell our story.

On a more realistic note, if everyone gets fired who is left to tell the story?

starkvegasdawg
05-16-2016, 08:17 AM
We already knew this.
This is good news.

It'll be like Natural Born Killers. They'll leave one alive to tell the story.

Bubb Rubb
05-16-2016, 08:33 AM
Freeze ain't going anywhere. At least not by his own choice.

It would be awesome if we did see him aboard the first lifeboat escaping that sinking ship. It ain't happening, though. Sexton might be shopping him, but he brings no value to a pro coaching staff right now.

BrunswickDawg
05-16-2016, 08:33 AM
We already knew this.
This is good news.

Riley Blevins?

K9 Avenger
05-16-2016, 08:37 AM
OM gave Freeze an opportunity to make around 20M that he never would have made. Disgraced or not, probably worth it it to Bucky.

^^^This^^^ Bucky knew what he was about to get into when he took the job....if not an inevitability, he always knew being exposed was certainly a possibility...

Saltydog
05-16-2016, 08:41 AM
shopping him to the WNBA.......

QuadrupleOption
05-16-2016, 08:41 AM
Freeze be like:

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/no-words-homer-into-brush.gif

Coach34
05-16-2016, 08:46 AM

It would be awesome if we did see him aboard the first lifeboat escaping that sinking ship. It ain't happening, though. Sexton might be shopping him, but he brings no value to a pro coaching staff right now.

Well, if he is shopping- it tells me that he has no choice because the NCAA is going to take that choice away. We shall see. Could be nothing to it. I don't see him having any NFL value either

BeardoMSU
05-16-2016, 08:48 AM
shopping him to the WNBA.......

He'd fit there, fa sho. Also, I read the other day that Disney plans on doing a live-action reboot of Lady and the Tramp, with human actors dressed up as all the animal characters. Casting Freeze might add a bit of believably to the Beaver character, especially since he won't even have to act**

So we'll go from this...

http://41.media.tumblr.com/daa080d3a30162f63cb55a727368ba45/tumblr_mt9kaghvzh1s2589qo1_1280.jpg

to something like this...

http://movies.mxdwn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/old-beavers.jpg

...though I do expect Freeze to put a more "TV evangelist" spin on the character**

blacklistedbully
05-16-2016, 09:15 AM
I'm not sure why freeze would bail at this point. He won't find a job that pays anywhere close to his current salary. Might as well ride it out and hope he survives or can somehow get his hush money

FIFY

SailingDawg
05-16-2016, 09:24 AM
We already knew this.
This is good news.

Telling the story will be another money making opportunity many will take advantage of. After all, money brought (bought) this problem for the bears.

TrapGame
05-16-2016, 09:25 AM
Freeze will call it an extended mission trip.

ScottH
05-16-2016, 09:31 AM
Riley Blevins

That will ultimately be a name that in the end will live in infamy in Oxford forever. One of the greatest tactical miscalculations ever made.

starkvegasdawg
05-16-2016, 09:34 AM
He'd fit there, fa sho. Also, I read the other day that Disney plans on doing a live-action reboot of Lady and the Tramp, with human actors dressed up as all the animal characters. Casting Freeze might add a bit of believably to the Beaver character, especially since he won't even have to act**

So we'll go from this...

http://41.media.tumblr.com/daa080d3a30162f63cb55a727368ba45/tumblr_mt9kaghvzh1s2589qo1_1280.jpg

to something like this...

http://movies.mxdwn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/old-beavers.jpg

...though I do expect Freeze to put a more "TV evangelist" spin on the character**
That is just...disturbing. It fits freeze perfectly.

BeardoMSU
05-16-2016, 09:36 AM
That is just...disturbing. It fits freeze perfectly.

Too bad Freeze doesn't whistle when he talks, lol. It'd be checkmate.

AlmostPositive
05-16-2016, 09:41 AM

I don't see how the NCAA can save face.

TStationDawg
05-16-2016, 09:43 AM
That will ultimately be a name that in the end will live in infamy in Oxford forever. One of the greatest tactical miscalculations ever made.
Oh, really? Do tell! I had heard people mention that but thought they were just throwing random theories out there. If that came back to bite them....hahahahahaha..its about time!

Pollodawg
05-16-2016, 09:46 AM
IDK if I believe the whole Freeze wants out of Oxford deal. If he got out because he knew the NCAA was about to force him out, he'd be finished at big time college ball when it all came out. Of course, he could be finished at big time ball anyway, so there's that I guess.

Lumpy Chucklelips
05-16-2016, 09:53 AM
They could always hire Croom to try and lessen the penalties...

starkvegasdawg
05-16-2016, 09:56 AM

Maybe that is what they were negotiating. I just heard he wants a new golf cart to ride around on.*

AlmostPositive
05-16-2016, 10:00 AM

That is the death penalty by another name. I think they know they will have to go transgender to get this behind them quickly.

Bubb Rubb
05-16-2016, 10:00 AM
Maybe that is what they were negotiating. I just heard he wants a new golf cart to ride around on.*

They gotta find a uniform that fits him, too.

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/3977/445/320/croom.jpg

Liverpooldawg
05-16-2016, 10:01 AM
Freeze ain't leaving up there on his own. Nobody else in the NCAA will hire him that could pay him more than he makes now. The only way he goes is if he is run off. I don't think they will fire him without a big shove from the NCAA either.

Liverpooldawg
05-16-2016, 10:01 AM
That is the death penalty by another name. I think they know they will have to go transgender to get this behind them quickly.

Jenner to UM!

Johnson85
05-16-2016, 10:08 AM

I would think "basketball on grass" would be of interest to a CFL team. Isn't the CFL a pass happy league?

Bubb Rubb
05-16-2016, 10:09 AM
I would think "basketball on grass" would be of interest to a CFL team. Isn't the CFL a pass happy league?

sure it is. But professional football teams tend to have more than 4 plays in the playbook.

Dawgowar
05-16-2016, 10:15 AM
If UNM for one moment thinks they can preserve their existing roster they will shove anyone out the door. Just an opinion, but stalling and keeping their players allows 'anyone' the chance to win (in their minds) and thereby allows them to weather this initial blow without missing a beat. Presumably the new, untainted coaching staff can win and get 'crootin back on track. No, voluntary jumping ship is good, but the NCAA has to kick them in their under-roo wearing nuts and limit scholarships while allowing wholesale transfers BEFORE the season. Lacking this they stay committed to stalling and winning on the field.

TrapGame
05-16-2016, 10:15 AM

Isn't there a woman that's a position coach with an NFL team? Maybe om can hire her as HC and just call it "Trading in one beaver for another."

Coach34
05-16-2016, 10:19 AM
Freeze ain't leaving up there on his own. Nobody else in the NCAA will hire him that could pay him more than he makes now. The only way he goes is if he is run off. I don't think they will fire him without a big shove from the NCAA either.

The theory is that Draft Night was his undoing because the texts corraberated what the Stepdad had told them. The payments thru Western Union now have some substance- and that eliminates any Opportunity Fund BS

Dawgowar
05-16-2016, 10:24 AM
The theory is that Draft Night was his undoing because the texts corraberated what the Stepdad had told them. The payments thru Western Union now have some substance- and that eliminates any Opportunity Fund BS

Wonder what the odds were that they not only corroborated but also put light on an additional previous answer - or two...or three...provided to investigators as false?

Bubb Rubb
05-16-2016, 10:30 AM
Wonder what the odds were that they not only corroborated but also put light on an additional previous answer - or two...or three...provided to investigators as false?

This is Coach's ultimate point. They have been investigated eight ways to sunday for the past three years - so anything that has materialized over the last month with Tunsil would have to contradict previous testimony. Now, Freeze can play the "I didn't know about this" card, but that's not going to matter here.

Dawgowar
05-16-2016, 10:37 AM
This is Coach's ultimate point. They have been investigated eight ways to sunday for the past three years - so anything that has materialized over the last month with Tunsil would have to contradict previous testimony. Now, Freeze can play the "I didn't know about this" card, but that's not going to matter here.

I took the point - should elaborate that I meant in other areas. Seems if boosters and coaches and admin types are proven to be directly working together everything kicks up a few notches. That and lies will put you in the NCAA jailhouse faster than anything.

SDDawg
05-16-2016, 10:39 AM

So that show cause is clearly coming then... MUHAHAHAHAHAHA

TrapGame
05-16-2016, 10:51 AM

Sure sounds that way.

Coach34
05-16-2016, 10:54 AM

The 1st NOA is not enough to do it- but everything since has been huge. Only question left is will there be an addendum or a 2nd letter?? Only the NCAA can answer that

Reason2succeed
05-16-2016, 11:03 AM
The word for the day is AGGRAVATED.

MedDawg
05-16-2016, 11:38 AM

MagicDawg
05-16-2016, 11:57 AM
Frankly, I'd rather everyone else get fired, Hugh stay and have to coach the players they get honestly, and Dan Mullen own his ass until they run Freeze off for losing 6 in a row.

Dawgowar
05-16-2016, 11:58 AM

AGGRAVATED - OXFORD ENGLISH DICTIONARY :

(Of an offense) made more serious by attendant circumstances (such as frame of mind):
aggravated burglary, (Cheat'un Re-crootun) aggravated pre-signing day activities,

1.1(Of a penalty) made more severe in recognition of the seriousness of an offense:
aggravated damages, aggravated probation, aggravated NCAA anal probe inserted into all future athletic endeavors

War Machine Dawg
05-16-2016, 12:20 PM
Somewhere Incarcerated Bob is dancing in the streets with the Western Union allegations. I believe he claimed to have WU receipts. And does this add more validity to his claims that Bo was shaving points/throwing games?

SDDawg
05-16-2016, 12:30 PM
Somewhere Incarcerated Bob is dancing in the streets with the Western Union allegations. I believe he claimed to have WU receipts. And does this add more validity to his claims that Bo was shaving points/throwing games?

More on this one, please. I remember a few of Bo's late picks that were head scratchers, even for Bo.

Reason2succeed
05-16-2016, 12:42 PM
AGGRAVATED - OXFORD ENGLISH DICTIONARY :

(Of an offense) made more serious by attendant circumstances (such as frame of mind):
aggravated burglary, (Cheat'un Re-crootun) aggravated pre-signing day activities,

1.1(Of a penalty) made more severe in recognition of the seriousness of an offense:
aggravated damages, aggravated probation, aggravated NCAA anal probe inserted into all future athletic endeavors

Oxford has definitely redefined the word.

Brando
05-16-2016, 12:43 PM
Who is Incarcerated Bob? I think the whole thing with him was before I came on here?

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
05-16-2016, 01:10 PM
Who is Incarcerated Bob? I think the whole thing with him was before I came on here?

http://ibnsportswrap.com/article.php?id=861

"All i will say is this... (QB) Bo Wallace loves "Picking Winners" and enjoys Western Union. Recruitment of (OL) Larry Tunsil could have some serious ramifications down the road according to sources close to the program. CHECK INTO CASH 117 Heritage Dr Oxford, MS 38655 --- I heard they do Western Unions at that place.. #JussSaying - See more at: http://ibnsportswrap.com/article.php?id=861#sthash.xkok0tSk.dpuf"

Brando
05-16-2016, 01:26 PM

"All i will say is this... (QB) Bo Wallace loves "Picking Winners" and enjoys Western Union. Recruitment of (OL) Larry Tunsil could have some serious ramifications down the road according to sources close to the program. CHECK INTO CASH 117 Heritage Dr Oxford, MS 38655 --- I heard they do Western Unions at that place.. #JussSaying - See more at: http://ibnsportswrap.com/article.php?id=861#sthash.xkok0tSk.dpuf"

So, the way Im taking it os that IBob knew alot about how they were doing shit, somehow they oissed him off, and he said tonhell with you, Im bringing you down. Id like to buy the guy a beer....

Reason2succeed
05-16-2016, 01:42 PM

Wow! That's straight up "I will blow this MFer up" type stuff. So, is th NCAA also investigating them for points shaving/game fixing along with everything else?

Dawg496
05-16-2016, 01:45 PM
So if Bo Wallace is involved, that wipes out all wins from the first two years. Plus Tunsil played in 5 wins last year, plus the two losses last year he didn't play in = 5-34

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
05-16-2016, 02:17 PM
Wow! That's straight up "I will blow this MFer up" type stuff. So, is th NCAA also investigating them for points shaving/game fixing along with everything else?

I don't know about that, but the thing I take away from it is that this article was written by ICB in 2013 and it references Tunsil and the Western Union payments. Yet another "coincidence"...

starkvegasdawg
05-16-2016, 02:19 PM
I don't know about that, but the thing I take away from it is that this article was written by ICB in 2013 and it references Tunsil and the Western Union payments. Yet another "coincidence"...

It's a good thing.

Percho
05-16-2016, 02:31 PM
Didn't someone threaten to sue Bob?

dotcomdawg
05-16-2016, 05:08 PM
We need Hugh Freeze to stay in Oxford for another 10 years

BossDawg
05-16-2016, 06:38 PM
Didn't someone threaten to sue Bob?

I was thinking that, too. It seems like someone associated with UM issued a cease and desist letter to him.

32 Dive
05-16-2016, 06:40 PM
Isn't there a woman that's a position coach with an NFL team? Maybe om can hire her as HC and just call it "Trading in one beaver for another."

I know I'm a bit out there. But your comment, along with your Handle, made me go all Wheel of Fortune...

RocketDawg
05-16-2016, 06:45 PM

He doesn't really need a job. He didn't start all that high (relative to other SEC coaches, not the "normal" working person) but he's been making over $4M for what ... 3 years now? That's a lot of money to have stashed away. He could just retire and live very, very well.

DancingRabbit
05-16-2016, 06:51 PM

I'll say
http://i.makeagif.com/media/8-24-2015/WH-ijM.gif

RougeDawg
05-16-2016, 07:12 PM
I was thinking that, too. It seems like someone associated with UM issued a cease and desist letter to him.

Appears to be true. I've tweeted at him a couple of times regarding the latest developments and no reply. He's gone mum on the subject as if he's been either threatened or bought off. Either way he has been pretty damn spot on with his accusations from over 3 years ago. Maybe he's the hacker.

Spiderman
05-17-2016, 07:55 AM
Frankly, I'd rather everyone else get fired, Hugh stay and have to coach the players they get honestly, and Dan Mullen own his ass until they run Freeze off for losing 6 in a row.

If Dan ain't careful, it's fixing to be 3 in a row for his ass, and that will mean he has one more year to stop that shit, or he will be run off.

Spiderman
05-17-2016, 07:57 AM
We need Hugh Freeze to stay in Oxford for another 10 years

What?!!

Uhhh, no we don't.

Martianlander
05-17-2016, 08:06 AM
Is Kent Austin still coaching in the CFL? Maybe Freeze has an in with him. Not sure of their standing with each other.

Liverpooldawg
05-17-2016, 08:09 AM
If Dan ain't careful, it's fixing to be 3 in a row for his ass, and that will mean he has one more year to stop that shit, or he will be run off.

Hummmm

Coach34
05-17-2016, 08:14 AM

agreed

TrapGame
05-17-2016, 08:25 AM
No, no, no, Freeze needs to be sent packing in shame. The only other idiot that would take that job after the NCAA shit storm would be some one like John L. Smith. I'd love to see om stuck with that crazy bastard for 5 years.

Bubb Rubb
05-17-2016, 08:35 AM
No, no, no, Freeze needs to be sent packing in shame. The only other idiot that would take that job after the NCAA shit storm would be some one like John L. Smith. I'd love to see om stuck with that crazy bastard for 5 years.

My personal opinion on Freeze is that if he is handcuffed recruiting-wise, he's not going to be very successful, so based on wins and losses, I wouldn't care if he stayed. The value in him being shown the door is watching their fanbase implode after their savior has his swaggart moment, and watching their tattered administration go through a coaching search and have to convince someone to come in and pick up the pieces.

mic
05-17-2016, 08:50 AM
My personal opinion on Freeze is that if he is handcuffed recruiting-wise, he's not going to be very successful, so based on wins and losses, I wouldn't care if he stayed. The value in him being shown the door is watching their fanbase implode after their savior has his swaggart moment, and watching their tattered administration go through a coaching search and have to convince someone to come in and pick up the pieces.

His ass is gone if they get hit hard ... No chance he rides that shit storm out and it could be a LONG one.. Even if that administration wants to keep him or not.. He isn't loyal as he says and those fans think he is to that POS school..
Question will be is where would he end up... What P5 program takes a chance on that slime ball..? If any at first...

Johnson85
05-17-2016, 08:56 AM

I think people are letting their bias color their opinion of Freeze as a coach. TO me, Freeze and Werner's style will always result in teams that are capable of beating and losing to teams that they shouldn't. If Freeze is stuck recruiting cleanly, he may end up with a 6-8 win ceiling, but he'll have 6-8 win teams that are dangerous to just about everybody they play.

sandwolf
05-17-2016, 09:01 AM
I think people are letting their bias color their opinion of Freeze as a coach. TO me, Freeze and Werner's style will always result in teams that are capable of beating and losing to teams that they shouldn't. If Freeze is stuck recruiting cleanly, he may end up with a 6-8 win ceiling, but he'll have 6-8 win teams that are dangerous to just about everybody they play.

Completely agree.

Bubb Rubb
05-17-2016, 09:19 AM
His ass is gone if they get hit hard ... No chance he rides that shit storm out and it could be a LONG one.. Even if that administration wants to keep him or not.. He isn't loyal as he says and those fans think he is to that POS school..
Question will be is where would he end up... What P5 program takes a chance on that slime ball..? If any at first...

You are right that he's not as loyal as he is portrayed to be. Don't believe the "dream job" narrative. At NWCC he pulled for State and he went on to USM. So much for the "hometown" Rebels. He was begging Tiger High to hire him as a basketball coach long before the Touhys changed his life forever. He is an opportunist. And there's nothing wrong with that. Just don't believe the narrative.

TrapGame
05-17-2016, 09:24 AM

Exactly, Freeze is a mound of human fecal matter but he can coach a mediocre team up enough to have a decent record every year.

Boodawg
05-17-2016, 09:37 AM
Well, if he gets a show cause, it won't matter if he leaves the program. No one in their right mind would hire him if that happened, other than maybe the NFL if there is a fit for him somewhere.

Liverpooldawg
05-17-2016, 09:47 AM
You take away the way they recruit and make him play it straight, we have never really seen how he would do. That includes his first year.

TrapGame
05-17-2016, 09:53 AM
You take away the way they recruit and make him play it straight, we have never really seen how he would do. That includes his first year.

I still think Freeze can recruit at a reasonable level without the aid of the Network. And, I hate to admit, he coaches better than Croom.

starkvegasdawg
05-17-2016, 10:45 AM
And, I hate to admit, he coaches better than Croom.

A homeless guy picked at random under an interstate bridge could coach better than Croom.

BossDawg
05-17-2016, 04:06 PM
At NWCC he pulled for State and he went on to USM. So much for the "hometown" Rebels.

Seriously? For a fact?

I've always known that Freeze was only 100% loyal to his very own image and ego, but never heard he used to be a State guy.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
05-18-2016, 09:02 PM

If true- it's about to get really bad in Oxford. Problem is that Freezus is no Pete Carroll and this is not the time of year to be looking for a job. Freezus would probably make a decent WR coach in the CFL though.

dotcomdawg
05-19-2016, 05:57 AM
What?!!

Uhhh, no we don't.

We absolutely DO need Freeze in Oxford for another 10 years. If he leaves they might get a good coach. Once his hands get tied in recruiting this charade is over. I hope Hugh stays up there for a very, very long time.

basedog
05-19-2016, 07:23 AM
We absolutely DO need Freeze in Oxford for another 10 years. If he leaves they might get a good coach. Once his hands get tied in recruiting this charade is over. I hope Hugh stays up there for a very, very long time.

You do know IF he stays a long time they will have been successful. Just saying.

Dawgology
05-19-2016, 08:07 AM
A homeless guy picked at random under an interstate bridge could coach better than Croom.

On any street corner in Miami.