PDA

View Full Version : Braves

msstate7
08-18-2013, 11:14 PM
Things are going well for the braves. Best record in mlb, maholm coming back from dl soon, and magic number at 26 on aug 18th. Wow

Check out this tweet from Jim Powell

@Kris11Little: @Jim_Powell If the Braves win 1 in STL this weekend, they will have won season series vs Cards, Bucs, LAD, Reds, all the playoff contenders

Could this be the year?

War Machine Dawg
08-18-2013, 11:32 PM
You had to ask/say it, didn't you? Kinda got mixed emotions about Maholm returning. He's been great at home, but shit on the road. And Wood has been nails ever since joining the rotation. But it would make the bullpen even better by allowing Wood to go out to there as a long relief guy.

As for the offense, I'm still not sold on its ability to be consistent in the playoffs. But admittedly, it's been a lot more consistent in the second half. I just wish we'd get Schafer & Gattis in the lineup more often. Losing Pastornicky sucks. Janish has a good glove, but no bat.

Will James
08-18-2013, 11:35 PM
I think Wood has to stay in the rotation.

BoomBoom
08-18-2013, 11:44 PM
For once we agree. Unless there's an innings limit at play.

msstate7
08-19-2013, 06:50 AM
I think Wood has to stay in the rotation.

I'd say its a safe bet that we're going to a 6-man rotation. Little extra rest should help all our starters. The question to me is who are the starters in playoffs.

trob115
08-19-2013, 08:38 AM
If the playoffs started today, my 4 man rotation would be Minor, Tehran, Wood, and Beachy. I say put medlen in the pen. Mahlom has been struggling lately but hopefully he can correct that in the last 6 weeks of the season.