PDA

View Full Version : No Mora Excuses...

K9 Avenger
05-15-2016, 09:48 PM
and no mora agenda driven bullshit from the haters and the creepy Polkies...John Cohen should be the Southeastern Conference Coach of the Year and maybe the National Coach of the Year....How could he not be? Just a spectacular job....we're very fortunate to have him...

Todd4State
05-15-2016, 09:50 PM
Well there was that time he bunted...

Leroy Jenkins
05-15-2016, 09:52 PM
Just win and there is no need to criticize. We started winning. Simple.

mstatefan91
05-15-2016, 09:56 PM
I don't agree with Robson not batting 2nd... so there...

engie
05-15-2016, 10:05 PM
"What I'm saying is that I simply do not know. The answer, dear class, is rolling in the grass. I don't think the right number is zero, and I doubt that it's near zero, but I don't know what it is. Having thought about the issue at great length, having worked hard to analyze the math involved, I can only tell you that there is no definitively correct mathematical answer at this time. Earl Weaver may have been right; Billy Southworth may have been right. Maybe each of them had the right answer for his own team. The rest of us need to keep an open mind."

- Bill James' official current position on bunting.

messageboardsuperhero
05-15-2016, 10:12 PM
And don't look now, but Arkansas is probably the worst road team in the league. They've won three road games all year- one of which came against a terrible Memphis club and the other two were against a Kentucky team that probably played its worst series of the season that week. Also, as atrocious as Auburn's pitching is, Arkansas's is even worse on paper.

Trying to temper my expectations- but there's a lot to be excited about at this particular moment.

Todd4State
05-15-2016, 10:19 PM
- Bill James' official current position on bunting.

Like I've always said it depends on the hitter. That's why MLB has pitchers bunting all the time. It's also why Miguel Cabrera never bunts. For a college reference- it's why we have Ryan Gridley bunting more than we have Gavin Collins bunting. And then you have Robson who we ask to bunt a lot because he beats a good many out for hits because of his speed. We would be foolish to not ask him to drag bunt for hits.

It depends on the pitcher too- if it's Max Scherzer and it's a close game I would probably be more willing to bunt vs. someone like Seth Maness who is getting shelled because he is hurt.

You can't and shouldn't apply a blanket statement to baseball strategy because each player is different and each situation is different individually.

Coach34
05-15-2016, 10:20 PM
and no mora agenda driven bullshit from the haters and the creepy Polkies...John Cohen should be the Southeastern Conference Coach of the Year and maybe the National Coach of the Year....How could he not be? Just a spectacular job....we're very fortunate to have him...

absolutely. He responded to the bell after being extremely shitty and embarrassing last year. I mean we were an absolute laughingstock last year. Great job of answering the bell by Cohen

Todd4State
05-15-2016, 10:22 PM
And don't look now, but Arkansas is probably the worst road team in the league. They've won three road games all year- one of which came against a terrible Memphis club and the other two were against a Kentucky team that probably played its worst series of the season that week. Also, as atrocious as Auburn's pitching is, Arkansas's is even worse on paper.

Trying to temper my expectations- but there's a lot to be excited about at this particular moment.

Arkansas right now is us last year. Auburn also hits a lot better than Arkansas does too. Auburn has a guy that people were talking about as a potential SEC POY, a guy who was hitting over .400 coming into the weekend and then their first baseman is a legit power threat especially in that ballpark.

K9 Avenger
05-15-2016, 11:05 PM
absolutely. He responded to the bell after being extremely shitty and embarrassing last year. I mean we were an absolute laughingstock last year. Great job of answering the bell by Cohen

LOL...