PDA

View Full Version : Has Tunsil come out and said that he was confused on draft day and misspoke?

Jack Lambert
05-15-2016, 09:16 AM
I keep hearing sports guys and Ole Miss people say he must have misspoken.

messageboardsuperhero
05-15-2016, 09:20 AM
He did not misspeak and has not even come close to backing off his draft night statements. The text messages have also been confirmed as valid by multiple reports and sources.

They are ****ed and it is beautiful.

Brando
05-15-2016, 09:39 AM
If you havent been on SECRant and read some of rhs threads over there about this whole thing, I advise to do so. THEY ARE AWESOME!! It is amazing what those people are still saying. Statue of Limitations is up, NCAA cant punish us for that, they dont have hard evidence, they wont punish a SEC power, etc, etc, etc. Some of the excuses will blow your mind. Hell one guy came out and said, HELL YEA we cheated. How do you think we pulled recruits like Tunsil and Little? But it will all be worth it cause we own Bama now. Thats when a Memphis guy got on there and said yea, well we own your cheating asses!!

SDDawg
05-15-2016, 09:56 AM
People are so confused by this process. The NCAA is not a court of law and it doesn't have to behave like one. They can punish Ole Miss based on what is in the public record today and nothing more - no additional corroboration is required. In addition to the Tunsil situation, we know that there is also academic fraud, incentives to other players over a 3 year period, and coaches orchestrating the whole process. All of this is documented and less than 20% of it is public right now. I do not expect a death penalty because I think that era is over, but I do expect 3 or 4 coaches to be fired, a multi-year bowl ban and a loss of over 7 scholarships a year for an extended period. This situation will cast a shadow over Ole Miss football for the next 5 years and Freeze will be gone. Good thing Houston Nutt is still available. :cool:

TrapGame
05-15-2016, 10:24 AM
People are so confused by this process. The NCAA is not a court of law and it doesn't have to behave like one. They can punish Ole Miss based on what is in the public record today and nothing more - no additional corroboration is required. In addition to the Tunsil situation, we know that there is also academic fraud, incentives to other players over a 3 year period, and coaches orchestrating the whole process. All of this is documented and less than 20% of it is public right now. I do not expect a death penalty because I think that era is over, but I do expect 3 or 4 coaches to be fired, a multi-year bowl ban and a loss of over 7 scholarships a year for an extended period. This situation will cast a shadow over Ole Miss football for the next 5 years and Freeze will be gone. Good thing Houston Nutt is still available. :cool:

The NCAA is getting all of these episodes in chronological order to show how deep and long the cheating has been going on. When laid out in chronological order it will blow peoples' minds. OM probably won't get the death penalty (however, I do believe there's a small chance it happens) but the football program will be severely crippled for a decade: LOIC, show causes, bowl ban, reduction in schollies.

AlmostPositive
05-15-2016, 10:32 AM
What Tunsil came out and said was that he had an exchange for money with a coach, that the text messages were real and that it was a mistake for him to have done that.

Many of our rebel friends consider that to be ambiguous.

In a few months I would like to hear them explain why the death penalty is good news.

ILOATHEBears
05-15-2016, 11:57 AM
If you havent been on SECRant and read some of rhs threads over there about this whole thing, I advise to do so. THEY ARE AWESOME!! It is amazing what those people are still saying. Statue of Limitations is up, NCAA cant punish us for that, they dont have hard evidence, they wont punish a SEC power, etc, etc, etc. Some of the excuses will blow your mind. Hell one guy came out and said, HELL YEA we cheated. How do you think we pulled recruits like Tunsil and Little? But it will all be worth it cause we own Bama now. Thats when a Memphis guy got on there and said yea, well we own your cheating asses!!

I laughed when I read "SEC Power"!! They truly need medicine for their delusion.

Nmdawgfan
05-15-2016, 02:44 PM
I'm fairly certain Dari Nowkhah was interviewing Tunsil prior to him being on the podium. The messages broke during said interview. Dari said he asked if Tunsil knew they were out there. Don't recall him asking if they were legit though. Tunsil was not blind sided by the questions.

IMissJack
05-15-2016, 02:50 PM
The worst timed thing of that night, was Freeze being interviewed and talking about how he was proud of Tunsil owning the mistake (the bong mask picture), admitting it was him, etc. 30 minutes later and all heck breaks loose.

Coach34
05-15-2016, 02:59 PM
Tunsil hasn't said anything since because he didn't say anything wrong or untrue. The only confusion at this point is with OM fans. They seem to think the NCAA has to prove everything as if it's a court of law. That's not the case

There's a reason you haven't heard one word out of Freezus or Bdork on all this since it happened. And with Freeze's court motion the other day- they no longer want to tell "their story"

MedDawg
05-15-2016, 03:26 PM

Central Pork
05-15-2016, 03:32 PM
If you check back on video, right before Tunsil went on for the draft interview, he was interviewed by Deion Sanders. Deion told him his future is ahead and he needs to man up. And, he did.