PDA

View Full Version : Braves

msstate7
05-14-2016, 11:17 PM
Our new, young rotation of Teheran, wisler, Blair, Perez, and folty have looked good of late. This week they pitched 35.2 ip and given up 8 er for an era of 2.05.

Yearly era's...

Teheran -- 3.17
Wisler -- 3.27
Folty -- 2.89
Blair -- 4.05
Perez -- 3.54

Teheran is the oldest of the group at 25. With sims, Jenkins, gant, and newcomb on the way, we have a nice rotation shaping up. I expect Teheran to be traded though for a power bat before the break.

War Machine Dawg
05-15-2016, 09:59 AM
Our new, young rotation of Teheran, wisler, Blair, Perez, and folty have looked good of late. This week they pitched 35.2 ip and given up 8 er for an era of 2.05.

Yearly era's...

Teheran -- 3.17
Wisler -- 3.27
Folty -- 2.89
Blair -- 4.05
Perez -- 3.54

Teheran is the oldest of the group at 25. With sims, Jenkins, gant, and newcomb on the way, we have a nice rotation shaping up. I expect Teheran to be traded though for a power bat before the break.

Why? This team is exactly what it was designed to be. We are offering to take on bad contracts for draft picks. Teheran isn't going anywhere this season. We'll start shipping out prospects soon for bats.

msstate7
05-15-2016, 10:31 AM
Why? This team is exactly what it was designed to be. We are offering to take on bad contracts for draft picks. Teheran isn't going anywhere this season. We'll start shipping out prospects soon for bats.

Im not necessarily for trading Teheran, but I think the return will be huge and we'll do it. I'm going on pure speculation though

War Machine Dawg
05-15-2016, 11:58 AM
Im not necessarily for trading Teheran, but I think the return will be huge and we'll do it. I'm going on pure speculation though

Fair enough. If we can absolutely rip off some team, a la the D-Backs, then go for it. Otherwise I'm not in favor of trading our only ace when we're still a year and a half away from being "competitive" - and that's the front office's estimate. It could easily wind up being longer.

smootness
05-15-2016, 12:58 PM
I'm on the fence about trading Teheran. I would prefer not to do it right now because I don't like the idea of running out an entire rotation of inexperienced, unproven guys. That said, if the return is right, I'm ok with it.

msstate7
05-15-2016, 01:08 PM
I'm on the fence about trading Teheran. I would prefer not to do it right now because I don't like the idea of running out an entire rotation of inexperienced, unproven guys. That said, if the return is right, I'm ok with it.

My only concern is where will we get some power if we don't trade Teheran. I really like Teheran, but replacing him from our farm seems much more likely than developing a power bat. Dustin Peterson could be that guy, but I'm far from sold

War Machine Dawg
05-15-2016, 02:00 PM
My only concern is where will we get some power if we don't trade Teheran. I really like Teheran, but replacing him from our farm seems much more likely than developing a power bat. Dustin Peterson could be that guy, but I'm far from sold

That's why we have 85,000 pitching prospects. Trade pitching prospects for hitting. It's a classic, time honored formula for success.

BoomBoom
05-15-2016, 02:21 PM
That's why we have 85,000 pitching prospects. Trade pitching prospects for hitting. It's a classic, time honored formula for success.

Power bats are too rare right now. It will take trading a proven starter. Keep in mind we want a near-ready MLB power bat, not another prospect.

trob115
05-15-2016, 03:13 PM
I expect Teheran to be traded at the deadline for a major haul. If he can have a good first half, he will command a high price.