PDA

View Full Version : NCAA

nemsdawg
08-18-2013, 08:59 PM
It really blows my mind with how the NCAA can completely screw up everything they get involved in. It's almost to the point that whatever common sense tells you their decision will be, the outcome will be the direct opposite. The story of the former Marine at MTSU is a perfect example of a situation where the NCAA could have done the right thing and ruled him eligible yet right the opposite. This is the reason I am terrified of what the outcome of this OM investigation will be. This guys case is only one example but as we all know, sadly there are others. (I didn't go past the first page so if this has already been discussed, sue me. I will find me a good UM law grad and counter sue!)

nemsdawg
08-18-2013, 09:19 PM
@InsidetheNCAA: The NCAA provided an initial review of the case & will continue to work w/ MTSU. Process is ongoing - final decision hasn't yet been made.

Wait, what? Why can't they just own it by saying something like... "This was only our initial review, which was to be the only review, until everybody started bitching about the initial review!"**

sandwolf
08-18-2013, 09:40 PM
It really blows my mind with how the NCAA can completely screw up everything they get involved in. It's almost to the point that whatever common sense tells you their decision will be, the outcome will be the direct opposite. The story of the former Marine at MTSU is a perfect example of a situation where the NCAA could have done the right thing and ruled him eligible yet right the opposite. This is the reason I am terrified of what the outcome of this OM investigation will be. This guys case is only one example but as we all know, sadly there are others. (I didn't go past the first page so if this has already been discussed, sue me. I will find me a good UM law grad and counter sue!)

I saw that story, and it really is unbelievable how incompetent they are.

ATLDawg
08-19-2013, 10:30 AM
The question I have is when will they put South Carolina and Clemson on probation. USCe had Tim Frisby in the early 2000s and Clemson had Dan Rodriguez last year. I guarantee both played intramurals. As a former serviceman, anyone that had the slightest athletic ability did. MTSU is getting picked on because they are MTSU.

archdog
08-19-2013, 08:43 PM
The question I have is when will they put South Carolina and Clemson on probation. USCe had Tim Frisby in the early 2000s and Clemson had Dan Rodriguez last year. I guarantee both played intramurals. As a former serviceman, anyone that had the slightest athletic ability did. MTSU is getting picked on because they are MTSU.

Sure you know by now, but they reversed their position. He will be allowed to play with 4 years eligibility.