PDA

View Full Version : UNM wins on a walk off homer. Were down 5-4.

blacklistedbully
05-14-2016, 07:35 PM
Those lucky bastards. 3 unearned runs on 3 UK errors. Win 7-5.

monroedawg5646
05-14-2016, 07:37 PM
Those mfers could shit in a swinging jug.

msstate7
05-14-2016, 07:37 PM
Pressure on us tomorrow

AlmostPositive
05-14-2016, 07:38 PM
Ole Miss is irrelevant this week. It would just be nice if they are on a roll vs A&M and help us when the SEC.

USC is up one on A&M in the fourth... that game matters a lot for us.

shannondawg
05-14-2016, 07:38 PM
Crap!

CadaverDawg
05-14-2016, 07:39 PM
Those mfers could shit in a swinging jug.

Haha

messageboardsuperhero
05-14-2016, 07:40 PM
Didn't they win one against auburn a few weeks ago where they walked off after AU made 6 errors in the game?

Luckiest team on the planet.

maroonmania
05-14-2016, 07:41 PM
Was that seriously the only pitcher UK had left? He was extremely fortunate to get out of things in the 8th. They basically just let him die out there.

MarketingBully
Pressure on us tomorrow

Auburn has no pitching left after today. We should cruise tomorrow.

mparkerfd20
GTFHOM

smootness
05-14-2016, 07:43 PM
A&M up now on SC. I don't think we're going to win the SEC.

AlmostPositive
05-14-2016, 07:43 PM
Let 'em win if it helps their chances of taking one for A&M,,, that's all we need.

msstate7
05-14-2016, 07:44 PM
Didn't they win one against auburn a few weeks ago where they walked off after AU made 6 errors in the game?

Yep. Most or mostly all by 3b

msstate7
05-14-2016, 07:45 PM

aTm gonna be your '16 sec champs

blacklistedbully
05-14-2016, 07:45 PM
Let 'em win if it helps their chances of taking one for A&M,,, that's all we need.

We need to be ahead of aTm by a game, We lose tie-breaker.

msstate7
05-14-2016, 07:50 PM
We need to be ahead of aTm by a game, We lose tie-breaker.

What if aTm, om, florida, and us tie with om obviously winning the aTm series?

Coach34
05-14-2016, 07:54 PM
Got to give them credit- this was a huge sweep. They have really come on and played their asses off to earn a Regional. SC better keep on winning or they might get passed by

smootness
05-14-2016, 07:56 PM
What if aTm, om, florida, and us tied with om obviously winning the aTm series?

Florida can't tie with the other 3. But if we, OM, and A&M ended up tied, then none of us would win the SEC. A&M would have to go 1-1 to close the SC series, then win 1 in the OM series...but that would mean we would have to win only 2 of our final 4. If that happens, there's no way Florida or SC won't be ahead.

Coursesuper
05-14-2016, 07:59 PM
Got to give them credit- this was a huge sweep. They have really come on and played their asses off to earn a Regional. SC better keep on winning or they might get passed by

USCe is the team that is backing up. If they don't finish strong there is a real possibility of two national seeds in the state of Ms.

blacklistedbully
05-14-2016, 08:01 PM
What if aTm, om, florida, and us tie with om obviously winning the aTm series?

UF

WesternSkyDawg
05-14-2016, 08:03 PM
Helps our RPI

All we gotta do is take care of bidness, and we'll have home field for the playoffs.

MarketingBully
05-14-2016, 08:05 PM

Why not? If Vandy beats Florida tomorrow, all bets are off. We will win tomorrow. South Carolina will at least take one from A&M. We have the easiest road ahead of any of these teams. Florida plays LSU, A&M plays Ole Miss and we play Arkansas. Who would you rather be down the stretch?

msstate7
05-14-2016, 08:06 PM
Florida can't tie with the other 3. But if we, OM, and A&M ended up tied, then none of us would win the SEC. A&M would have to go 1-1 to close the SC series, then win 1 in the OM series...but that would mean we would have to win only 2 of our final 4. If that happens, there's no way Florida or SC won't be ahead.

Yeah, keep forgetting about sc-Florida rain out

MarketingBully
05-14-2016, 08:06 PM
Ole Miss needs us to lose twice while they continue to win and sweep.

MarketingBully
05-14-2016, 08:08 PM
Florida finishes the season at LSU. South Carolina finishes at Alabama. Ole Miss @A&M and we get Arkansas at home to finish the season? I'll take that all day:

smootness
05-14-2016, 08:08 PM
Why not? If Vandy beats Florida tomorrow, all bets are off. We will win tomorrow. South Carolina will at least take one from A&M. We have the easiest road ahead of any of these teams. Florida plays LSU, A&M plays Ole Miss and we play Arkansas. Who would you rather be down the stretch?

Any one of the 3 teams currently ahead of us. I'm not saying it can't happen, but it's definitely not likely. Just trying to prepare for us not pulling off a bit of a late miracle to win the SEC.

We could fairly easily drop a game to Arkansas, and Florida could also not lose to Vandy; that is in fact the most likely outcome, after all.

smootness
05-14-2016, 08:10 PM
Florida finishes the season at LSU. South Carolina finishes at Alabama. Ole Miss @A&M and we get Arkansas at home to finish the season? I'll take that all day:

I'd take it if we were currently tied with everybody, but we're not. We have to win out, have Florida lose at least 1, have SC lose at least 1, and have A&M lose 2. Again, it's possible but not all that likely.

After tomorrow, sure, it could all look different. But tomorrow still has to be played first.

MarketingBully
05-14-2016, 08:19 PM
If we win the SEC championship tied with A&M or Ole Miss I would take it. Obviously both those things can't happen but this is something that we haven't done since 89. We only need A&M to lose one more and us continue winning. If South Carolina loses tonight they are a half game behind us. If Florida loses one more, they would be a half game behind us.

MarketingBully
05-14-2016, 08:20 PM
I'd take it if we were currently tied with everybody, but we're not. We have to win out, have Florida lose at least 1, have SC lose at least 1, and have A&M lose 2. Again, it's possible but not all that likely.

After tomorrow, sure, it could all look different. But tomorrow still has to be played first.

We would only need A&M to lose twice because of the tie breaker in the tournament. I am talking about the overall title which if we tied anyone we would still be SEC co-champions.

smootness
05-14-2016, 08:28 PM
Yeah, I guess. It would be hard to think of ourselves as true co-champs if the other team swept us at home. But I get what you're saying, we could hang the banner.

MarketingBully
05-14-2016, 08:36 PM
Yeah, I guess. It would be hard to think of ourselves as true co-champs if the other team swept us at home. But I get what you're saying, we could hang the banner.

We took 3/4 from Ole Miss this year and if they tied us for the overall championship do you think they would hesitate to hang a banner? Heck no.

smootness
05-14-2016, 08:49 PM
We took 3/4 from Ole Miss this year and if they tied us for the overall championship do you think they would hesitate to hang a banner? Heck no.

And do you think we'd hesitate to claim they weren't the true champs? Heck no.

MarketingBully
05-14-2016, 08:52 PM

When it comes to something we haven't done since 1989 I could care less what A&M fans would say. If we tied with Ole Miss, I wouldn't care then either.

basedog
05-14-2016, 08:52 PM
What a hitters park at Auburn. I can see a 12 to 8 or 9 game tomorrow.

Great year winning all road series this year. I believe there will be big crowds next weekend against Arkansas, I know students are gone.

HSVDawg
05-14-2016, 09:21 PM
Pressure on us tomorrow

Our task is simple. Win tomorrow and match or exceed what OM does against A&M when we play Arkansas. We do that and we lock up the national seed. Should be easy enough with us playing a bad team at home and them playing arguably the best team in the league on the road, but baseball is a funny game and you never know what might happen. Even if we don't do the above, we can still back door our way into a national seed if USC continues to struggle, or with a strong SEC tourney run. It's going to be a fun finish.

BulldogBear
05-14-2016, 09:23 PM

If I remember correctly, it was all in the last inning. Ole Miss was down 5-0 and scored 6 in B9.

JohnnyQuid
05-14-2016, 09:26 PM

they're the most complete team. I don't like them and feel like their a bunch of ass hats but that's another discussion. I'd love to meet them in sect tho and give hunter Melton something to think about - not saying hit the kid but I'd buzz him high and tight.

if we meet them again I think we win btw.

and I was out on north side of Enid lake with some ppl when ole miss hit that homer to win. ****ing listening to Kellum jizz himself made me wanna vomit - only thing worse would have been seeing the beer showers with it.

for the first time this year I'll be an aggie fan next week.

JohnnyQuid
05-14-2016, 09:33 PM

they'd have ****ing rings made.

MarketingBully
05-14-2016, 09:41 PM

I think it will be co-champs but it's possible they go 2-2 the rest of the way leaving us an opening to take it from them. As I said, win tomorrow and next week becomes interesting. We needed A&M to win 2 of 3 from USC and they took two. We needed Vandy to take 2 of 3 from Florida and they have one already. I don't think A&M sweeps South Carolina btw.

JohnnyQuid
05-14-2016, 09:54 PM
I think it will be co-champs but it's possible they go 2-2 the rest of the way leaving us an opening to take it from them. As I said, win tomorrow and next week becomes interesting. We needed A&M to win 2 of 3 from USC and they took two. We needed Vandy to take 2 of 3 from Florida and they have one already. I don't think A&M sweeps South Carolina btw.

never know on sundays so wouldn't be shocked for south Carolina to salvage one. I'd love an outright sec championship would be awesome but Id be hard pressed to complain if a&m swept ole miss next weekend even if we sweep as well. **** ole miss

MarketingBully
05-14-2016, 09:58 PM
never know on sundays so wouldn't be shocked for south Carolina to salvage one. I'd love an outright sec championship would be awesome but Id be hard pressed to complain if a&m swept ole miss next weekend even if we sweep as well. **** ole miss

Personally, I want an SEC regular season championship. It's been almost 30 freaking years since we had one in baseball. It's been quite stupid considering the type of program we have.

JohnnyQuid
05-14-2016, 10:08 PM
Personally, I want an SEC regular season championship. It's been almost 30 freaking years since we had one in baseball. It's been quite stupid considering the type of program we have.

oh I want one man didn't mean that - we'd accomplish both things I want at once. if we can't get an overall tho I sure as **** don't wanna finish behind the bears after we dominated them

Brando
05-14-2016, 10:40 PM
Looks guys, we ARE a national seed plain and simple. Right now we are playing for WHAT national seed we are, not if. Ole Piss will NOT jump us unless they sweep A&M and we shit a egg on Ark. I know it has been ages since we have been one, but guys we ARE A NATIONAL SEED! There is no way the commitee leaves us out. Numerous people have said it. Hell, look at FSU. They have lost like 8 in a row and are still being talked about as one. We won AT FL, Vandy, and LSU. We are 1 of 3 teams to have a winning record against RPI top 25 in the SEC.(us, Fl, and USCe). Yall wanna play the our RPI is too low and we may not be in. Well look at it this way, we took 2 of 3 from #1 RPI, took 3 of 4 from #5, took 2 of 3 from #12. So what we got swept by A&M. WE LOST ONE SERIES! Right now we need to concentrate on the overall SEC title and not the National Seed picture. Like I have said, we are a few games from Ark and a tourney title from possibly being a #2 seed. Enjoy the ride. We got this.

MarketingBully
05-14-2016, 10:54 PM
Looks guys, we ARE a national seed plain and simple. Right now we are playing for WHAT national seed we are, not if. Ole Piss will NOT jump us unless they sweep A&M and we shit a egg on Ark. I know it has been ages since we have been one, but guys we ARE A NATIONAL SEED! There is no way the commitee leaves us out. Numerous people have said it. Hell, look at FSU. They have lost like 8 in a row and are still being talked about as one. We won AT FL, Vandy, and LSU. We are 1 of 3 teams to have a winning record against RPI top 25 in the SEC.(us, Fl, and USCe). Yall wanna play the our RPI is too low and we may not be in. Well look at it this way, we took 2 of 3 from #1 RPI, took 3 of 4 from #5, took 2 of 3 from #12. So what we got swept by A&M. WE LOST ONE SERIES! Right now we need to concentrate on the overall SEC title and not the National Seed picture. Like I have said, we are a few games from Ark and a tourney title from possibly being a #2 seed. Enjoy the ride. We got this.

Agree completely. We are one game back of the overall SEC title. I want us to win that. You win that and automatically you are a national seed. Shit, we could be co-champions of the SEC with A&M and we would be ranked 1 (A&M) 2 (us) respectively.

blacklistedbully
05-14-2016, 11:02 PM

I share your frustration. There are a couple posters on here who just refuse to accept the facts. I cannot fathom how they could be so unaware on this point, but they are, and no amount of logic is going to sway them.

You've tried, I've tried, Smoot has tried, Coach has tried. We've listed fact-after-fact. They just refuse to get it. Seems to be a mental block of some sort, perhaps brought on by decades of getting screwed and/or snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

But we know the truth. The only way we don't get a national seed at this point is if we get swept by UPig and teams like FSU sweep Miami, and UNM sweeps aTm, etc.

If we lose tomorrow and lose 2 of 3 to UPig, we'll be perhaps as low as the #8 seed. If we lose tomorrow and win 2 of 3 vs UPig, we are probably a 4 or 5 seed. If we win tomorrow and win 2 of 3 vs UPig, we could climb into #3, depending on how Miami does vs FSU and aTm does vs UNM. If we win the final 4 games, we could climb into anywhere from 1-4 depending on the same.

You few folks who keep wringing your hands about what UNM does, or what happens if we lose 2 just need to keep your damn panties from getting in-a-twist.

JohnnyQuid
05-14-2016, 11:56 PM
I know it has been ages since we have been one, but guys we ARE A NATIONAL SEED!

if by ages you mean never then you are correct.

we've not been a national seed since the reformat. I still miss the 6 team regionals personally got to see some really good baseball teams. forgot the year 97 or 98 but we hosted and had Washington and GT and both were very good. we beat Washington on Monday to go to CWS and I was there. think Eric Dubose pitched 2 complete games in 3 days. good times

maroonmania
05-15-2016, 06:59 AM

we've not been a national seed since the reformat. I still miss the 6 team regionals personally got to see some really good baseball teams. forgot the year 97 or 98 but we hosted and had Washington and GT and both were very good. we beat Washington on Monday to go to CWS and I was there. think Eric Dubose pitched 2 complete games in 3 days. good times

Going off memory I'm pretty sure in '97 we beat Washington at home in a 4 team regional. In '98 I think we went out to TA&M and won a 6 team regional. Seems like for a while there they had some 4 team regionals and some 6 team regionals just like in '84 we lost at home in a 6 team regional but in '85 beat Michigan in the last game of a 4 team regional.

HSVDawg
05-15-2016, 12:33 PM
Going off memory I'm pretty sure in '97 we beat Washington at home in a 4 team regional. In '98 I think we went out to TA&M and won a 6 team regional. Seems like for a while there they had some 4 team regionals and some 6 team regionals just like in '84 we lost at home in a 6 team regional but in '85 beat Michigan in the last game of a 4 team regional.

97 was still the 6 team regional format. It was the 2nd to last year of it. We went to the CWS in the last 2 years before they changed to the regional-super regional format. In 98 we went out to College Station and won that regional from the loser's bracket. Then in 1999 it switched to the current format when the field expanded to 64 teams.

JohnnyQuid
05-15-2016, 12:46 PM
97 was still the 6 team regional format. It was the 2nd to last year of it. We went to the CWS in the last 2 years before they changed to the regional-super regional format. In 98 we went out to College Station and won that regional from the loser's bracket. Then in 1999 it switched to the current format when the field expanded to 64 teams.

yup. in that regional at a&m we got down like 8-0 or 10-0 to rice I THINK in a game that started around 10 am and ended up coming back and winning. that was a fun regional too

Todd4State
05-15-2016, 05:17 PM
I share your frustration. There are a couple posters on here who just refuse to accept the facts. I cannot fathom how they could be so unaware on this point, but they are, and no amount of logic is going to sway them.

You've tried, I've tried, Smoot has tried, Coach has tried. We've listed fact-after-fact. They just refuse to get it. Seems to be a mental block of some sort, perhaps brought on by decades of getting screwed and/or snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

But we know the truth. The only way we don't get a national seed at this point is if we get swept by UPig and teams like FSU sweep Miami, and UNM sweeps aTm, etc.

If we lose tomorrow and lose 2 of 3 to UPig, we'll be perhaps as low as the #8 seed. If we lose tomorrow and win 2 of 3 vs UPig, we are probably a 4 or 5 seed. If we win tomorrow and win 2 of 3 vs UPig, we could climb into #3, depending on how Miami does vs FSU and aTm does vs UNM. If we win the final 4 games, we could climb into anywhere from 1-4 depending on the same.

You few folks who keep wringing your hands about what UNM does, or what happens if we lose 2 just need to keep your damn panties from getting in-a-twist.

I'm jumping in late to the party and have the benefit of hindsight- but we don't need to worry about Ole Miss as long as we keep winning. The committee is not going to jump them over us because they have a higher RPI when we have a higher SOS last I checked, 3 wins head to head and a better conference record with more quality SEC wins.

HSVDawg
05-15-2016, 05:26 PM
I'm jumping in late to the party and have the benefit of hindsight- but we don't need to worry about Ole Miss as long as we keep winning. The committee is not going to jump them over us because they have a higher RPI when we have a higher SOS last I checked, 3 wins head to head and a better conference record with more quality SEC wins.

Agree, but OM is playing well and is very likely going to get a national seed as well. It seems like now USC might be the odd team out of the national seed equation in the SEC. If they lose 2 of 3 at Bama next weekend they can forget about it.

CadaverDawg
05-15-2016, 05:30 PM
I don't mind OM being a National Seed, bc I don't think they have a shot at Omaha. They have feasted off of a very easy schedule, and had most of their tough series at home. Tell me the biggest series they've won outside of a very early season series win at Louisville, & a home series win over mediocre LSU? Seriously, what's their next best series win? What's their best road SEC series win? Maybe I'm missing some, but I think OM is a paper tiger that will exit early.

HSVDawg
05-15-2016, 05:37 PM
I don't mind OM being a National Seed, bc I don't think they have a shot at Omaha. They have feasted off of a very easy schedule, and had most of their tough series at home. Tell me the biggest series they've won outside of a very early season series win at Louisville, & a home series win over mediocre LSU? Seriously, what's their next best series win? What's their best road SEC series win? Maybe I'm missing some, but I think OM is a paper tiger that will exit early.

Agree with this also. They'll have one more chance to silence some doubters next weekend, but I don't think they will.

Todd4State
05-15-2016, 05:39 PM
Agree, but OM is playing well and is very likely going to get a national seed as well. It seems like now USC might be the odd team out of the national seed equation in the SEC. If they lose 2 of 3 at Bama next weekend they can forget about it.

That's true depending on what happens next week. I think a lot of Mississippi baseball fans assume that it's either/or for MSU and Ole Miss and a National Seed. It's not. We could both get National Seeds. It may be likely if Alabama win the South Carolina series and Ole Miss wins the Texas A&M series.

gravedigger
05-15-2016, 05:46 PM

'Since the refomat' is a bs copout . we hosted regionals when there were ONLY 8.

MarketingBully
05-15-2016, 05:49 PM

They played the Louisville series in Oxford not away so that only proves your point.

CadaverDawg
05-15-2016, 05:51 PM
That's true depending on what happens next week. I think a lot of Mississippi baseball fans assume that it's either/or for MSU and Ole Miss and a National Seed. It's not. We could both get National Seeds. It may be likely if Alabama win the South Carolina series and Ole Miss wins the Texas A&M series.

Yea, I wonder if they will line up our Regional with Ole Miss's if OM doesn't get a National Seed? I would think likely so.

And what if USM hosts...how do they factor in to Super Regional Matchups?

CadaverDawg
05-15-2016, 05:52 PM
They played the Louisville series in Oxford not away so that only proves your point.

Really? Damn, so even that wasn't exceptionally impressive.

Todd4State
05-15-2016, 06:06 PM
Yea, I wonder if they will line up our Regional with Ole Miss's if OM doesn't get a National Seed? I would think likely so.

And what if USM hosts...how do they factor in to Super Regional Matchups?

It's possible and there is certainly precendent and that thought has crossed my mind as well- but none of the "experts" that predict the regional projections have done so thus far. Which is a little surprising to me. I'm not sure their reasoning on it to be honest with you. I have seen us aligned with USM however, and there had also been some talk about us being aligned with LSU hosting a regional and us the National Seed- but that was weeks ago.

Todd4State
05-15-2016, 06:07 PM
Really? Damn, so even that wasn't exceptionally impressive.

Especially since the knock on Louisville is their road record.

ScoobaDawg
05-15-2016, 06:08 PM

They are playing pretty good right now. we will find out how good next weekend but their best road sec win was UGA a few weeks back.
As long as this USC game holds we just need the bears to take care of one game.

gravedigger
05-15-2016, 06:17 PM
They are playing pretty good right now. we will find out how good next weekend but their best road sec win was UGA a few weeks back.

And sweep

Todd4State
05-15-2016, 06:20 PM

This is true. Hopefully Willie Mays Woodman goes off at least once for them.

Taog Redloh
05-15-2016, 08:32 PM

97 and 98 were 6-teams. Just looked up 85 and it was in fact a 4 teamer. I thought the field was 48 but I guess not.