PDA

View Full Version : Miami Herald article on Tunsil....

Liverpooldawg
05-14-2016, 03:59 PM
There is an interesting tidbit from stepdad about Western Union money wires to Tunsils mother from Barney Farrah.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article77642672.html

msstate7
05-14-2016, 04:07 PM
So Miller told the NCAA that Barney western union'd tunsil's mom money way before the text messages come out. Seems like corroboration to me

BrunswickDawg
05-14-2016, 04:22 PM
Didn't good ole Incarcerated Bob claim he had Western Union evidence?? Maybe Miller is IB?***

SDDawg
05-14-2016, 04:36 PM
So OM will forfeit all the Tunsil games, I don't see any way out at this point.

State82
05-14-2016, 04:42 PM
Yikes! This is starting to look like Nagasaki & Hiroshima.

Saltydog
05-14-2016, 04:45 PM
It was wired from the Student Assistance Fund, duh.......

StatesboroBlues
05-14-2016, 04:52 PM

We will hear later that the SAF is partnered with Western Union...

MedDawg
05-14-2016, 04:52 PM

Leroy Jenkins
05-14-2016, 05:06 PM
“These so-called agents were talking to him about strip clubs, prostitutes, making derogatory references to women, and they bought him jeans, took him to concerts,” said the stepfather, Lindsey Miller, who warned Tunsil he was endangering his Ole Miss eligibility. “I told him, ‘These guys are not professionals, they are shysters. Stay away from them. Everything will come to you later.’ ”

Miller met with an NCAA investigator in July and told him about other possible improprieties he had witnessed dating back to Tunsil’s high school recruitment, when Tunsil turned down Nick Saban at Alabama and Mark Richt at Georgia to sign with Hugh Freeze at Mississippi. Miller said Polingo used to receive Western Union deliveries of money from Barney Farrar, Ole Miss assistant athletic director for high school and junior college relations.

This is a good thing....

Also Western Union is set to be corporate sponsor of OM football, Vaught-Hemingway stadium at Western Union filed.**

BossDawg
05-14-2016, 05:07 PM
Oh my...

I seriously "opportunity funds" or whatever Rounsaville called it are distributed via Western Union.

Coldsleeve Jr.
05-14-2016, 05:26 PM
Have to wonder why Barney hasn't been canned yet. Could he be threatening to bring the whole program down if fired?

Seems tbe smart thing would be to fire, healthy severance, non disclosure agreement.

Original48
05-14-2016, 05:28 PM
He?s devoted to his mother, Desiree Polingo, a former prison nurse who enjoyed cooking sweet potato and pecan pies. She raised him and his siblings as a single mom. Money was tight in the small, aging house behind the Lake City hospital. She and Tunsil?s stepfather moved to Oxford, Mississippi, in 2014 to be closer to Tunsil and his younger brother, Alex Weber, who is an Ole Miss wide receiver.

So money was tight and they had/have a small aging house in Florida, but they can move to a more expensive college town? How?
Yeah that jumps out pretty much like a flashing neon sign.

Dawgfan77
05-14-2016, 05:52 PM
Ol barn and coach Miller dey gone. More info keeps coming in eventually they are gonna get freezus

KB549
05-14-2016, 05:58 PM
Miller met with an NCAA investigator in July and told him about other possible improprieties he had witnessed dating back to Tunsil’s high school recruitment, when Tunsil turned down Nick Saban at Alabama and Mark Richt at Georgia to sign with Hugh Freeze at Mississippi. Miller said Polingo used to receive Western Union deliveries of money from Barney Farrar, Ole Miss assistant athletic director for high school and junior college relations.

So Miller has told the NCAA that Tunsil's mom was receiving Western Union payments DURING his recruitment!!! Ooooooohhhh boy. So payments before he was a student and payments while he was a student. Directly from the athletic department. This is LOIC hands down. How stupid were they? You get a bagman to handle transactions, Barney. You nitwit. If the whole staff and administration isn't packing their offices this weekend, the IHL should step in and take over. But I hope they continue to spit in the NCAA's face and carry on. Nothing short of turning VH stadium into a distant memory of where football was once played will be acceptable.

I wonder if Miller told the NCAA of any improprieties related to Bammer or UGA? Hmmm. Enquiring minds want to know.

PassInterference
05-14-2016, 06:03 PM
Article also alleged Tunsil's grades were altered.

Literally every week there's a new bombshell hitting the news. And we surely haven't seen all that's there.

Ole Miss is gonna fry.

msstate7
05-14-2016, 06:05 PM
I wonder if Miller told the NCAA of any improprieties related to Bammer or UGA? Hmmm. Enquiring minds want to know.

Nah, Saban and richt didn't tell the world stepdad was a wife beater... Freeze did

Gordon Gekko
05-14-2016, 06:16 PM
Everybody and their momma knew the Bears were cheating and pulled shenanigans to get Tunsil, kimchee and paidwell. But AD employees using western union to send money? Really? I thought OM was full of the smartest lawyers on the planet, legal masterminds that can hide anything. Western Union...really? You couldn't overnight them some cash or use some kind of untraceable Visa card? REALLY?

The Bears deserve the death penalty. Not for cheating in recruiting, but for being so stupid.

Dolphus Raymond
05-14-2016, 06:19 PM
If I'm an Ole Miss fan, this article would be pretty much the end of the line for me. Each day, it sucks more and more to be an Ole Miss fan.

Note to the Clarion Ledger: THIS is what real journalism looks like.

Coldsleeve Jr.
05-14-2016, 06:39 PM
Deleted

BulldogBear
05-14-2016, 07:22 PM
Really, I just want to barf after reading that.

gravedigger
05-14-2016, 07:26 PM

And told to the ncaa last summer

Reason2succeed
05-14-2016, 07:55 PM
Obviously Tunsil has gotten settled in down in Miami and is singing like a bird. There are some major bombshells in this article that even the Elite Dawg conspirators hadn't released yet. OM is SOOOOOO screwed. Hahahahaha!

Coach34
05-14-2016, 08:00 PM
Have to wonder why Barney hasn't been canned yet. Could he be threatening to bring the whole program down if fired?

Seems tbe smart thing would be to fire, healthy severance, non disclosure agreement.

They have already asked Barney to fall on the sword- Barney told them to go **** themselves. They just arent sure what their next move needs to be

SDDawg
05-14-2016, 08:04 PM
Barney's career is over, he should eat shit and take some cash to go away.

EAVdog
05-14-2016, 08:23 PM
UGA's Dr Adams (ex Pres, now at NCAA) wasn't kidding when he vowed retribution for OM snaking Tunsil away at the 11th hour. They made an enemy out of the wrong crazy dude.

DawgFromOxford
05-14-2016, 08:26 PM
So money was tight and they had/have a small aging house in Florida, but they can move to a more expensive college town? How?[/QUOTE]

Not sure where there house was located, but not every home is the multimillion dollar home right off the square. There are some cheaper areas around the outskirts of town, but yeah still fishy none the less.

Coldsleeve Jr.
05-14-2016, 08:36 PM
UGA's Dr Adams (ex Pres, now at NCAA) wasn't kidding when he vowed retribution for OM snaking Tunsil away at the 11th hour. They made an enemy out of the wrong crazy dude.

Adams is president at Pepperdine now, but sits on the NCAA committee on infractions. Lol.

Schultzy
05-14-2016, 08:59 PM
Barney's career is over, he should eat shit and take some cash to go away.

Well, Barney knows some stuff and has a lot of leverage here...it's going to take a hell of allot of cash if Barney was the one sending Western Union cash to Tunsil's mom as stated in the article.

He could single handedly bury OM with those records alone.

Reason2succeed
05-14-2016, 09:00 PM
Obviously Tunsil has gotten settled in down in Miami and is singing like a bird. There are some major bombshells in this article that even the Elite Dawg conspirators hadn't released yet. OM is SOOOOOO screwed. Hahahahaha!

Actually on second thought it seems that Miller is probably the source for this article. For a guy that is suing his former stepson the article paints him in a much better light.

Coach34
05-14-2016, 09:54 PM
So money was tight and they had/have a small aging house in Florida, but they can move to a more expensive college town? How?

Not sure where there house was located, but not every home is the multimillion dollar home right off the square. There are some cheaper areas around the outskirts of town, but yeah still fishy none the less.[/QUOTE]

Their Fla residence was valued at 40K- they moved into a 200K house in Oxford. Ray Charles even testified against them

Harrydawg
05-14-2016, 10:01 PM
Nobody has ever said they lived in multi-million dollar home in Oxford......but Coach is all over it. How do they jump to a $200K home with no job.

jbjones
05-14-2016, 10:09 PM
How do they jump to a $200K home with no job.

Hep. Lotsa hep. And those generous folk in Northern Mississippi are a people heppin' lot.

Coach34
05-14-2016, 10:13 PM
And think about this- how bad does a house have to be in Fla to be worth 40K? Thats like one step above a doghouse- and they could move into a 200K house in Oxford?

PassInterference
05-15-2016, 12:49 AM
http://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2437444/FHIj1o.0.gif

regdawg18
05-15-2016, 04:39 AM
Article also alleged Tunsil's grades were altered.

Literally every week there's a new bombshell hitting the news. And we surely haven't seen all that's there.

Ole Miss is gonna fry.

THIS THIS THIS. Academic records were altered? This is huge if it can be proven.

Spiderman
05-15-2016, 08:09 AM
If these allegations are true, and IF the NCAA charges them with it, plus what all else they have, Ole Miss will either be made a major example out of, or it will be no rules for anyone from here on out.

Dawgowar
05-15-2016, 08:16 AM
NCAA has of late, a reputation on looking the other way on inducements. Academic Fraud is another matter. It's the last hill they can stand on to pretend college athletics isn't what everyone knows it is. That said, if UNM coaches and administrators were the ones making the payment, ouch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfIpEFD6GWo

Coldsleeve Jr.
05-15-2016, 08:25 AM
Hope the NCAA still has balls with academic fraud. In the UNC case, they received an NOA citing 1000's of students taking bogus classes and altering scores. Then a year later NCAA sends a revised NOA and zero mention of any academic fraud whatsoever.

Reason2succeed
05-15-2016, 08:35 AM
Hope the NCAA still has balls with academic fraud. In the UNC case, they received an NOA citing 1000's of students taking bogus classes and altering scores. Then a year later NCAA sends a revised NOA and zero mention of any academic fraud whatsoever.

Two problems with OM's case though
1) They've already hit ULL and David Saunders for the ACT scam so they can't act like it didn't exist and there is already a precedent for the punishment.
2) Not only does OM have evidence from Saunders but they just got a confession out of Miller bringing the academic fraud current.

They're royally screwed because there is no way for them to deny that their cheating is institutional and deliberate over several coaching regimes.

Coldsleeve Jr.
05-15-2016, 08:56 AM
Two problems with OM's case though
1) They've already hit ULL and David Saunders for the ACT scam so they can't act like it didn't exist and there is already a precedent for the punishment.
2) Not only does OM have evidence from Saunders but they just got a confession out of Miller bringing the academic fraud current.

They're royally screwed because there is no way for them to deny that their cheating is institutional and deliberate over several coaching regimes.

Excellent points.

It's hard to imagine how Tunsil was allowed to play at all last year with everything Miller spilled prior to season.

AlSwearengen
05-15-2016, 09:00 AM
The NCAA needs to go back and check out Jovon Robinson's records from high school. If I am remembering correctly, the advisor at his Memphis h.s. was a proud rebel alum. There were whispers about his grades being altered and at the time, olemiss message board Warriors were confident they had him because of "connections" as they like to call them.

I think he ended up driving around in a new camero with auburn all over it after graduation. He had to go juco, but obviously is at auburn now.

Dawgowar
05-15-2016, 09:18 AM

They actually reduced it to 'inducement'. That they have gone past the same amount of investigative time with UNM and maintained Academic Fraud, a Tier I violation, should scare the crap out of the Bears. All this talk about "Previous staffs" is going to seem stupid when the NCAA pile drives them for multiple administrations committing academic fraud over X number of years. It's not as 'sexy' as seeing them go down for catching booster pumping money into recruiting, but it will put them away.

ShotgunDawg
05-15-2016, 09:25 AM
The NCAA needs to go back and check out Jovon Robinson's records from high school. If I am remembering correctly, the advisor at his Memphis h.s. was a proud rebel alum. There were whispers about his grades being altered and at the time, olemiss message board Warriors were confident they had him because of "connections" as they like to call them.

I think he ended up driving around in a new camero with auburn all over it after graduation. He had to go juco, but obviously is at auburn now.

Honestly, if the NCAA hasn't figured out what's going on by now and can't punish Ole Miss accordingly, then they are choosing to be blind. At this point, I don't believe any additional investigations will help. There is overwhelming evidence of what Ole Miss has been doing. Initiating one more investigation only slows the process, when the NCAA already knows what happened.

Once a prosecutor can put away a criminal for life, what's the point of continuing to add charges?

Dawgowar
05-15-2016, 09:29 AM
Honestly, if the NCAA hasn't figured out what's going on by now and can't punish Ole Miss accordingly, then they are choosing to be blind. At this point, I don't believe any additional investigations will help. There is overwhelming evidence of what Ole Miss has been doing. Initiating one more investigation only slows the process, when the NCAA already knows what happened.

Once a prosecutor can put away a criminal for life, what's the point of continuing to add charges?

It would be funny if they just walked to the podium on Monday and said "We're done pissing away NCAA funds. These guys are dirtier than ****. Whatever we gave USCe plus 30% in each category. We'll write it up by Friday. "

WesternSkyDawg
05-15-2016, 05:17 PM
Bump

Just...cause