PDA

View Full Version : How does the SEC Tournament impact national seed?

Dawgology
05-14-2016, 10:24 AM
I don't know a lot about RPI and such but how does the SEC baseball tournament impact our national seeding? For instance, is it like the SEC basketball tournament in which it's almost better to lose the first game and prep for the Big Dance or would a loss in the first round knock us out of National seed contention? Or, be better to rest pitchers arm and prepare for regionals?

smootness
05-14-2016, 10:46 AM
It probably won't affect anything one way or the other. You play to win it, but if you go out relatively early, no big deal.

Dawgology
05-14-2016, 10:54 AM
It probably won't affect anything one way or the other. You play to win it, but if you go out relatively early, no big deal.

I kept seeing that we need to win the rest of our series or win out and I didn't know if that included the tournament. Was going to be a tall task. Thanks!

Brando
05-14-2016, 10:54 AM
The only ones it really effects is the ones on the bubble. Now we could move up the National Seed pic if we went and won the whole thing. But after the season ends, they will pretty much know what National Seeds are what.

Brando
05-14-2016, 10:55 AM
No, we just need to win the series at Auburn this wknd and take atleast 2 of 3 from Arky. We do that, were a National Seed.