PDA

View Full Version : If you didn't think he was guilty

Dawgfan77
05-13-2016, 08:27 AM
The fact Frezzus is trying like hell to keep the deposition sealed from public aka from NCAA should convince even the hardcore OM fans that he know some sh!t went down. No way you can justify he is innocent now

Bubb Rubb
05-13-2016, 08:35 AM
The fact Frezzus is trying like hell to keep the deposition sealed from public aka from NCAA should convince even the hardcore OM fans that he know some sh!t went down. No way you can justify he is innocent now

I suspect that the judge will rule that Freeze must be fully deposed, but that they will seal the answers from the public.

Here is my question though: what is to stop the NCAA from interviewing Miller again, or interviewing his counsel regarding the answers in the deposition? I would think that's fair game unless the judge puts some kind of gag order in place.

Liverpooldawg
05-13-2016, 09:01 AM
If they are sealed and the NCAA asks Freeze to have the judge unseal them and he refuses, would the NCAA then deem that non-cooperation by Freeze? I would think they would. The NCAA doesn't take kindly to that at all. Freeze must REALLY be afraid of what might come out in that deposition.

TrapGame
05-13-2016, 09:05 AM

I'm seeing a lot of om sheep are bleating on and on about the NCAA has it in for Freeze and they'd take his testimony and distort it to continue their vengeful crusade against His Holiness. A rare few are actually posting stuff like "Well, they caught us. It's was bound to happen some time." They've pretty accepted the hammer is going to fall.

TrapGame
05-13-2016, 09:08 AM
If they are sealed and the NCAA asks Freeze to have the judge unseal them and he refuses, would the NCAA then deem that non-cooperation by Freeze? I would think they would. The NCAA doesn't take kindly to that at all. Freeze must REALLY be afraid of what might come out in that deposition.

Or could the NCAA get the questions from Miller's lawyer then call for Freeze to be re-interviewed and pop the questions on him in person? I'd love to see him squirm out of that.

Bubb Rubb
05-13-2016, 09:11 AM
I'm seeing a lot of om sheep are bleating on and on about the NCAA has it in for Freeze and they'd take his testimony and distort it to continue their vengeful crusade against His Holiness. A rare few are actually posting stuff like "Well, they caught us. It's was bound to happen some time." They've pretty accepted the hammer is going to fall.

Ole Miss's defense, summed up in one photo:

http://assets.espn.go.com/i/magazine/new/simpson_gloves.jpg

AlmostPositive
05-13-2016, 09:16 AM
A number of OM apologists, some lawyers themselves, have said any good attorney would do what Freeze's lawyer did to try to limit the scope of the deposition, that it's a no brainer, etc.

This is true only if there is a substantial risk in telling the full truth openly.

For one thing, it undeniably looks bad... why would a lawyer want his already tarnished client to look even worse?

If Freeze were clean, his lawyer would not subject him to this latest round of ridicule.

There isn't a lot of doubt about Ole Miss's guilt and Freeze's dishonesty.

I hope the NCAA realizes this may be their last best chance to salvage their image.

TrapGame
05-13-2016, 09:29 AM
If Freeze were clean, his lawyer would not subject him to this latest round of ridicule.

ole miss be like: We run a clean program, brah.

https://imgflip.com/readImage?iid=17958685

Martianlander
05-13-2016, 09:34 AM
NCAA: Coach Freeze your program is going to be sanctioned.
Freeze: If I find 50 good and pure men on the football team and coaches will you spare us?
NCAA: Yes, for fifty.
Freeze: If I may be so bold what about 45?
NCAA: Yes for 45.
Freeze: What about 40?
NCAA: Yes
Freeze: 30?
Freeze: May I be so bold-20?
Freeze: Once more, don't be angry-10?
NCAA: Yes, for 10.
It is reported that Freeze is diligently searching. In related incidents, Freeze's nephew has moved from Oxford, and Coach Freeze has mysteriously placed all his assets in salt futures.

MadDawg
05-13-2016, 09:37 AM
There simply is no other way to look at this than Freeze has something to hide; something he hasn't told the NCAA about or perhaps told another version of the "truth" to the NCAA. Someone who is being 100% honest throughout this whole process would not be trying to seal their testimony.

sandwolf
05-13-2016, 09:55 AM
Here is my question though: what is to stop the NCAA from interviewing Miller again, or interviewing his counsel regarding the answers in the deposition? I would think that's fair game unless the judge puts some kind of gag order in place.

Yea, that was my thought too....I figure they just ask Miller and his attorney what all was said, then go to Freeze with it and tell him that he is free to prove that they lied by giving them access to the deposition. But like you said, there could be some type of gag order that the judge issues.

starkvegasdawg
05-13-2016, 10:02 AM
Yeah, to any sane person this is as good as a signed admission of guilt. But this is TSUN fans we are talking about here. They've ingested so much kool-aid they spend all day crashing through walls screaming Oh Yeah.

Political Hack
05-13-2016, 10:02 AM
There simply is no other way to look at this than Freeze has something to hide; something he hasn't told the NCAA about or perhaps told another version of the "truth" to the NCAA. Someone who is being 100% honest throughout this whole process would not be trying to seal their testimony.

That's it. End of story.

Mjoelner34
05-13-2016, 10:03 AM
.... Coach Freeze has mysteriously placed all his assets in salt futures.

LOL. Good one.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Martianlander again.

HSVDawg
05-13-2016, 10:14 AM
A number of OM apologists, some lawyers themselves, have said any good attorney would do what Freeze's lawyer did to try to limit the scope of the deposition, that it's a no brainer, etc.

This is true only if there is a substantial risk in telling the full truth openly.

For one thing, it undeniably looks bad... why would a lawyer want his already tarnished client to look even worse?

There isn't a lot of doubt about Ole Miss's guilt and Freeze's dishonesty.

I hope the NCAA realizes this may be their last best chance to salvage their image.

I just can't believe his attorney said, on the record, that the NCAA investigation was a concern for allowing the deposition to become public. They could have easily made the request for non-deposition or for sealing the records and not commented on the reason why. Or they could have issued a token lawyer-speak about the request being standard procedure in civil litigation and never mention the NCAA and it wouldn't look nearly as bad as it does now. Sounds like a $5 million coach could afford better representation than that.

War Machine Dawg
05-13-2016, 10:18 AM
Freezus is going to need more of a reason to get the deposition sealed than "I'm trying to cover my ass with the NCAA." The courts aren't sealing a depo for that. Now his lawyer may come up with some other bullshit reason to get it sealed, but I can just about guarantee it won't be sealed due to the NCAA investigation.

House33
05-13-2016, 10:23 AM
Throw a stick into a pile of dawgs and the one to bark is the first one that got hit...........

DawgHouseUnited
05-13-2016, 10:44 AM

I haven't actually met any of those in that second group. All I'm seeing is tinfoil conspiracy stuff and "look at the shiny object/ awesome new 'croot we just got!" distractions.

dawgpound
05-13-2016, 11:26 AM
Are there any lawyers on this board? I would like to get the opinion of a non ole miss lawyer.

Bully13
05-13-2016, 12:29 PM
I suspect that the judge will rule that Freeze must be fully deposed, but that they will seal the answers from the public.

Does this situation have any similarities with the Miami case? Didn't the NCAA screw that case by diving off into a criminal case involving a booster? Shouldn't they be careful here? Or are these 2 entirely different situations? Not sure cuz I'm not totally aware of how everything went down on the Miami deal.

AlmostPositive
05-13-2016, 12:36 PM
"Your Honor, please try to understand how bad telling the truth will make us look."

msbulldog
05-13-2016, 12:54 PM
Does this situation have any similarities with the Miami case? Didn't the NCAA screw that case by diving off into a criminal case involving a booster? Shouldn't they be careful here? Or are these 2 entirely different situations? Not sure cuz I'm not totally aware of how everything went down on the Miami deal.

If my memory serves me right about Miami, there was an issue about Shapiro's (Jailed booster) lawyer getting paid to answer questions about the violations. Miami took NC2A to court and got the penalties thrown out. But I may be wrong about this.