PDA

View Full Version : Just Noticed Something In The Tunsil Texts

Spiderman
05-13-2016, 07:14 AM
I thought it was odd when I first saw the texts that Tunsil called Miller "Coach" since he wasn't and isn't a coach.

Looking at them again yesterday, I noticed that he called him "Mr.John" ,then after being told to call, he then started texting to "coach" again.

Just seems weird, and very suspicious. Coaches' phones are monitored, not assistant AD's. I think, Miller walked into Freeze's office and handed him the phone during the call. Notice the "wazzup coach" text later. Again, very strange and suspicious.

Also love where whoever is texting back says "The amt keeps changing from what we all agreed on."

Thereby proving, beyond any doubt, that not only had this been going on for a long time, but that the football staff not only had knowledge, and administered the payments, but had also been solely responsible for setting it up.

If proven, that is the "head shot"

Reason2succeed
05-13-2016, 07:20 AM
So what are you saying? Do you think he was initially texting Freeze?

Spiderman
05-13-2016, 07:24 AM
So what are you saying? Do you think he was initially texting Freeze?

No, Miller. But I have a suspicion that at some point the phone was handed to a coach, as Tunsil was told it would be after the call.

I'm just betting the "coach" he is referring to is Freeze.

starkvegasdawg
05-13-2016, 07:28 AM
http://i.imgur.com/5F3GmIT.gif

KB549
05-13-2016, 08:11 AM
The dates are different. The "Wassup coach" texts are two weeks later and at night. These are either drunk/high texting from Tunsil OR a coach called him and left him a voicemail to call back on Miller's phone. Tunsil tries to return the call, doesn't get anyone and sends the text, maybe?

The next one had always puzzled me because of the 10:30-ish time stamp. It looks like June 29th, 2015. If that's the case, this is the Monday night after the fight with his stepdad. The stepdad was arrested the next morning. Something was going on. You don't just text an AD guy at 10:30 at night to meet you at the IDF. Sounds like Tunsil wanted to make sure he had his story straight. Reporters calling and stuff.

Beaver
05-13-2016, 08:51 AM
The dates are different. The "Wassup coach" texts are two weeks later and at night. These are either drunk/high texting from Tunsil OR a coach called him and left him a voicemail to call back on Miller's phone. Tunsil tries to return the call, doesn't get anyone and sends the text, maybe?

The next one had always puzzled me because of the 10:30-ish time stamp. It looks like June 29th, 2015. If that's the case, this is the Monday night after the fight with his stepdad. The stepdad was arrested the next morning. Something was going on. You don't just text an AD guy at 10:30 at night to meet you at the IDF. Sounds like Tunsil wanted to make sure he had his story straight. Reporters calling and stuff.

Never noticed that. Very interesting. What's the IDF?

ScreenCaptureThis
05-13-2016, 08:53 AM

Agree completely. And I also believe it's the reason Freeze doesn't want the deposition public because the questions that relate to his involvement are DIRECTLY related to his Tunsil's recruitment and subsequent keep-him-happy payments. Any attorney worth his/her money will absolutely be allowed to show a pattern of the coach's involvement in a number of matters relating to Tunsil.

I have no doubt coaches were involved in the exchange. Heck, knowing OM's arrogance, they're probably trying to figure out which low-level coach to throw under the bus by saying the texts might have been altered.

KB549
05-13-2016, 02:08 PM

IPF. Mistyped. Indoor Pratice Facility.

msudawglb
05-13-2016, 02:19 PM

Considering the players/recruits were all given burner phones, you would think that Ole Miss would have put in the proper contacts into the phones before giving them to the players/recruits. Having said that, I would assume that Ole Miss coaching staff would have one central name applied as "the contact"....like John Miller. Keep in mind that this contact name could be assigned to whatever number you put in. We have no idea if these texts were being sent to John Miller. Could be a coach's number that is just identified as "John Miller" in the burner phone contacts.

So when its showing "what's up coach", it could be that Tunsil has already figured out that "John Miller" in his contact list is really a certain coach.

Really Clark?
05-13-2016, 02:52 PM
Could be the coach is Matt Luke. In the article about Miller's lawsuit against Tunsil this was stated:

Accompanying the lawsuit is a motion requesting that depositions be taken from Freeze, offensive line coach Matt Luke and assistant athletic director John Miller before the limitations period expires on June 28.

Luke and Miller were requested because they took Tunsil to the sheriff?s office last June and ?may have independent knowledge of the facts of this matter."

DCdawg
05-13-2016, 05:38 PM
What was strange to me was that they apparently agreed on a fixed amount, per Miller, at a time before Tunsil had even received a utility bill. I don't know about you but my utility bills are never exactly the same every month so why would I have a fixed amount every month?

RocketDawg
05-13-2016, 05:47 PM
What was strange to me was that they apparently agreed on a fixed amount, per Miller, at a time before Tunsil had even received a utility bill. I don't know about you but my utility bills are never exactly the same every month so why would I have a fixed amount every month?

It's possible in most towns to average your utility bill over the year and pay a fixed amount each month. But you have to make up any shortage at the end of the year, or, perhaps receive a refund if there is an over-payment.

But you're right ... bills will naturally be higher during the winter and summer than they are in the spring and fall.