PDA

View Full Version : Greg knox

Chuck662
05-12-2016, 07:57 PM
http://www.scout.com/college/mississippi-state/story/1669160-knox-reviews-his-running-back
I know it's not football season yet but when see stupid interviews from a coach that should be glad he still has a job an I have know problem with Brandon hollway but tell me this if you have better horses in the stable should you not run them what top running back would come when they know they wouldn't play for maybe 3 years he should be on the hot seat if we don't see more progress out of the backfield

smootness
05-12-2016, 08:03 PM
Chill, bro.

BulldogBear
05-12-2016, 08:09 PM
http://www.scout.com/college/mississippi-state/story/1669160-knox-reviews-his-running-back
I know it's not football season yet but when see stupid interviews from a coach that should be glad he still has a job an I have know problem with Brandon hollway but tell me this if you have better horses in the stable should you not run them what top running back would come when they know they wouldn't play for maybe 3 years he should be on the hot seat if we don't see more progress out of the backfield

^^^^ An English teacher's nightmare ^^^^

RocketDawg
05-12-2016, 08:12 PM

That was kinda hard to read. Please tell me you're not an MSU grad ....

BeardoMSU
05-12-2016, 08:16 PM

If you post a second time, please use punctuation.

DancingRabbit
05-12-2016, 08:18 PM
^^^^ An English teacher's nightmare ^^^^

Ha! OK students, diagram this sentence.

Prentis
05-12-2016, 08:20 PM
He has a valid point, looking at the running back situation Greg Knox hasn't done much with the backs that we have. It doesn't take two years to develop a running back. Personally I'm tired of this technique and fundamental crap.

ATTILLA THE DOG
05-12-2016, 08:27 PM
The Gibson kid is the best back on the team,i hope we don't waste him like we did Jrob

State82
05-12-2016, 08:36 PM
If you post a second time, please use punctuation.

Along with coherent English. Geez, that was brutal to read.

Political Hack
05-12-2016, 08:38 PM
He has a valid point, looking at the running back situation Greg Knox hasn't done much with the backs that we have. It doesn't take two years to develop a running back. Personally I'm tired of this technique and fundamental crap.

Have to agree.

I like the new guys despite their opposition to periods.

Swami Dawg
05-12-2016, 08:43 PM

Swami not for to being looking so bad now huh??

http://s32.postimg.org/kj7y0dv9h/preview_post.jpg

GreenheadDawg
05-12-2016, 08:43 PM

We should feel honored that Jameis Winston is a member of our site now.

Todd4State
05-12-2016, 08:54 PM
The biggest thing about the running backs is using them properly. We did use Holloway appropriately for the most part last year and he produced pretty well. I don't remember as much Holloway up the gut like we saw with Perkins although it certainly occurred at times. I had been screaming to move Shumpert to FB for at least a year- and it does appear that we are doing that. I bet he does better next year, but we'll see.

Aeris needs to be the primary traditional running back. Not sure what will happen with that.

662dawg
05-12-2016, 08:56 PM
We should feel honored that Jameis Winston is a member of our site now.

Actually I think its this guy. Welcome aboard, son.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1VklXHBj-wE

BeardoMSU
05-12-2016, 09:02 PM
Actually I think its this guy. Welcome aboard, son.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1VklXHBj-wE

Funny thing is, when I watched that live, the first thing I thought of was Farmer Fran, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du6BIDuQhkw

nashLA
05-12-2016, 09:03 PM
How the hell did you pull a point out of that incomprehensible mess?

djaymsu5
05-12-2016, 09:20 PM
The biggest thing about the running backs is using them properly. We did use Holloway appropriately for the most part last year and he produced pretty well. I don't remember as much Holloway up the gut like we saw with Perkins although it certainly occurred at times. I had been screaming to move Shumpert to FB for at least a year- and it does appear that we are doing that. I bet he does better next year, but we'll see.

Aeris needs to be the primary traditional running back. Not sure what will happen with that.

I don't see it. The times I've watched Aeris hasn't looked that great to me. From what I've seen so far it's Nick Gibson, Alec Murphy, Dontavian Lee and Aeris in that order.

War Machine Dawg
05-12-2016, 10:47 PM
I don't see it. The times I've watched Aeris hasn't looked that great to me. From what I've seen so far it's Nick Gibson, Alec Murphy, Dontavian Lee and Aeris in that order.

That's what it should be, although I think Lee is wayyyy ahead of Aeris. He should be in the same discussion for carries as Gibson & Murphy. But apparently he's had problems getting his shit together off the field. Aeris is Shump 2.0 - maybe slightly more athletic and/or faster, but he's still not a full time SEC RB.

Apoplectic
05-12-2016, 10:59 PM

Can someone graph this for me?

Todd4State
05-12-2016, 11:21 PM

I agree but we all know what Dan is going to do.

djaymsu5
05-12-2016, 11:32 PM
That's what it should be, although I think Lee is wayyyy ahead of Aeris. He should be in the same discussion for carries as Gibson & Murphy. But apparently he's had problems getting his shit together off the field. Aeris is Shump 2.0 - maybe slightly more athletic and/or faster, but he's still not a full time SEC RB.

Completely agree. For whatever reason Mullen just doesn't seem to like Lee. Whether it's his character off the field or what that kid has real talent and the body to take a year long beating in the SEC. Hell if we could feed Lee, Gibson, and Murphy the rock throughout the year that would be a 3 headed monster that could wear down some defenses. Like I said we have the talent. It's just whether or not Mullen wants to put them in the damn ball game.

djaymsu5
05-12-2016, 11:33 PM

Yea and that is what is so aggrevating as a fan. I mean if he would just get out of his own way.

Reason2succeed
05-13-2016, 07:16 AM
Playing Shumpert when he was obviously failing was discouraging but is that on Knox or Mullen? Do forget what Knox did with JRob, Perk, and Vick Ballard. It seems Mullen has insisted on getting the ball to Holloway because of his speed. His man crush on Shumpert is unexplainable.

ElitedawgRecruiting
05-13-2016, 08:00 AM
I don't mean to ruffle any feathers here but I seriously have to ask. A lot of people want to bench Aeris based on what they saw in the spring game. Our 3rd and 4th string backs got yards playing against the second to third string defense in OUR spring game so let's propel them up the depth chart? I love the young guys but they have yet to play a meaningful down in college ball. Is that their fault, no but it's toll a fact. Yeah get them time this year. All of them. But when Williams got to play last year he produced. So why give up on him already? Yeah Lee produced too. I love the kid. Great player. But to be a student athlete and earn playing time show up for Everything on time and ready to compete. We tend to bash the enemies players when they don't do what's expected of them but want to give our guys a pass when they don't. Holloway has earned a roll and a chance to make plays. Period. Doesn't mean I think he deserves to be the every down back but he has earned the ball. If Shumpert will play every game like he did the bowl game I don't mind him getting carries. I tend to agree from an outside looking in that Gibson has the most talent of the bunch. But let's let him get hit by and SEC LB before we bench the guys that have earned time in front of him

Jack Lambert
05-13-2016, 08:06 AM
You would go over better if your 1st post was a rant about how bad Ole Miss sucks.

BB30
05-13-2016, 08:24 AM
If you take out dear's 52 yd run he averaged almost 6 yds a carry I want to see him touch the ball more this year. I also think Holloway when used correctly is a threat, he really improved last year. Will be interesting to see how it plays out. If our O-line is not any better than they were last year there is not much our backs are going to be able to do regardless. Hands down our biggest issue running the ball last year was not who was getting the carries but how terrible our O line was against even average defensive lines and forget it against elite D lines they were down right terrible.

RiverCityDawg
05-13-2016, 08:25 AM

I think Aeris is significantly better than Shump, who shouldn't ever carry the ball again in any situation, but I tend to agree that Aeris isn't the guy. I think he's okay but his change of direction is really slow. He's probably faster than Lee but doesn't seem to have near the vision or confined space quickness. Lee just seems to get through the hole despite being bigger. Maybe Aeris will improve with carries and experience.

I'm not sure about Murphy yet, but so far I think Gibson is the most natural runner and has the highest ceiling of all our current backs (not counting Malik Dear, who should be our starting RB).

RiverCityDawg
05-13-2016, 08:32 AM
If you take out dear's 52 yd run he averaged almost 6 yds a carry I want to see him touch the ball more this year. I also think Holloway when used correctly is a threat, he really improved last year. Will be interesting to see how it plays out. If our O-line is not any better than they were last year there is not much our backs are going to be able to do regardless. Hands down our biggest issue running the ball last year was not who was getting the carries but how terrible our O line was against even average defensive lines and forget it against elite D lines they were down right terrible.

I don't completely disagree, but Aeris averaged 5 yds per carry and Lee averaged 6 yds per carry, which is damn good. This is compared to Shump's 3.9 per carry. A bad O line can make a RB look bad, but a slow RB that runs sideways can make a O line look bad too.

Bubb Rubb
05-13-2016, 08:39 AM

and we really shouldn't bitch about it too much. My biggest issue was the Shump love last year, but if someone can't get their act together off the field, you can't put the ball in their hands in a game situation and trust them to deliver. We don't have visibility into what's going on off the field, but they all have to earn their time, talent or not.

Reason2succeed
05-13-2016, 08:53 AM

Yeah bro you're gonna need to show some credentials. You're first post ever shouldn't be ripping a coach who had one off year of production. Obviously you are a scout subscriber because I couldn't open that article. But I'm not sure whether your OM subscription gets you in to all scout paysites or not.

War Machine Dawg
05-13-2016, 10:12 AM
Yeah bro you're gonna need to show some credentials. You're first post ever shouldn't be ripping a coach who had one off year of production. Obviously you are a scout subscriber because I couldn't open that article. But I'm not sure whether your OM subscription gets you in to all scout paysites or not.

I don't think anyone - or very few at least - is down on Knox because of the production or lack thereof last season. I think it's cumulative. Speaking for myself, I'm tired of it taking 2+ years to get kids ready to play at that position. Everyone else takes 2 weeks, maybe 6 weeks at most. RB is the easiest damn position on the field to contribute early and often. But we're constantly told guys aren't ready after being on campus 3 weeks, then 3 months, then 8 months, then 18 months later. There are impact true freshmen at RB every single year throughout the nation and in the SEC. So why the hell do we have to wait for guys to be redshirt sophomores?

And before you say pass protection or something like that - I get it. I'm not trying to downplay the importance of those things. But they can be taught and learned on the fly. Ultimately, RB is still "Here's the ball, run with it." And what really infuriates me is that we always use the pass pro excuse, but then you have Holloway in there who can't block daylight. Or Shump who completely blows his assignment. I never saw Aeris or Lee have some of the total whiffs that Shump did last year. Yet we're expected to believe that is what's keeping them off the field? Horseshit. Either start getting young guys ready to play or find someone who can. It's just that simple for me.

Chuck662
05-13-2016, 11:37 AM
First of all it's Hailstate all day. All I'm saying if it's truly an open competition at QB, CB, or any position year to year? Then the person that win that position, or (better player) should play. Just because you're a upperclassmen doesn't mean your a better player.

Bama_Dawg
05-13-2016, 01:27 PM

That there is Faulkner-esque. Sure you aren't a bear?

miketice
05-13-2016, 02:31 PM

Dam you're stupid.