PDA

View Full Version : From a Bammer buddy...

Tripp McNeely
05-12-2016, 05:09 PM
"Our guys saying they (om) are loaded for 2017. Just waiting for NCAA ruling to be announced. They have a ton of silent commits. Just waiting to go public"

I'm really starting to believe some of Bama's recruiting "insiders" use Nancy and David Johnson as "sources"

nsvltndog
05-12-2016, 06:00 PM
I can see this being their plan as it would follow their win the PR war to the T, but they could also set a world record for the speed at which they drop this "load" if the NCAA gives them what they deserve.

Jack Lambert
05-12-2016, 06:23 PM
"Our guys saying they (om) are loaded for 2017. Just waiting for NCAA ruling to be announced. They have a ton of silent commits. Just waiting to go public"

I'm really starting to believe some of Bama's recruiting "insiders" use Nancy and David Johnson as "sources"

why wait?

Bothrops
05-12-2016, 06:42 PM
What do they think they're waiting on? I'm pretty confident that OM football is about to be dismantled.

TUSK
05-12-2016, 06:55 PM

If, (while under investigation):
A) OM is still getting commits that are of interest to the "Bama's" of college football; then
B) the NCAA is goin in dry when it's over...

smootness
05-12-2016, 07:44 PM
A) OM is still getting commits that are of interest to the "Bama's" of college football; then

It's also funny to think of OM selling recruits on, 'We want you to commit once the NCAA rules,' and trying to convince them they know they won't be hit hard while they admit they have no idea what's going on and the NCAA is still looking into it.

Bothrops
05-12-2016, 07:51 PM

Agreed, but you will be glad to know, there's no such thing as "Bama's " of college football. There's Bama, and then about 10 programs, then everyone else.

BeardoMSU
05-12-2016, 08:15 PM
Agreed, but you will be glad to know, there's no such thing as "Bama's " of college football. There's Bama, and then about 10 programs, then everyone else.

You just ruined Tusk's attempt at humility, lol.

BulldogBear
05-12-2016, 08:26 PM
It's also funny to think of OM selling recruits on, 'We want you to commit once the NCAA rules,' and trying to convince them they know they won't be hit hard while they admit they have no idea what's going on and the NCAA is still looking into it.

Read: They can't announce until they know whether or not the NCAA is including these recruits or otherwise knows anything about how they landed them.

Corn Bread
05-12-2016, 08:47 PM

Let's take this Bammer's info as gospel, hell we take everything as gospel regarding recruiting. If the 2017 class of TSUN is silently loaded then I would conclude the money train rolls on. If the NCAA drags this shit show out another year why stop now if you are TSUN. Most crooks never stop until they are cold busted. If the sanctions are severe they will have the talent to ride it out. Strategy is brilliant.

BulldogBear
05-12-2016, 08:50 PM
Let's take this Bammer's info as gospel, hell we take everything as gospel regarding recruiting. If the 2017 class of TSUN is silently loaded then I would conclude the money train rolls on. If the NCAA drags this shit show out another year why stop now if you are TSUN. Most crooks never stop until they are cold busted. If the sanctions are severe they will have the talent to ride it out. Strategy is brilliant.

But if those players are declared ineligible then..... they can be proud of several 0-12 seasons

Liverpooldawg
05-12-2016, 09:18 PM
If y'all think they will stop he first time they are busted you are deluded. They aren't going to stop unless they get the death penalty. Then we will see.

Corn Bread
05-12-2016, 10:06 PM
But if those players are declared ineligible then..... they can be proud of several 0-12 seasons

Pride is tossed aside when the money is the draw along with a family that needs. Three years from the ultimate next pay day. 0-12 means nothing.

RealHastings
05-12-2016, 10:16 PM
Makes no sense. Wouldn't that just make them look more suspicious to have a lot of top recruits commit all at once? Not buying that for a second. There will be no blue chippers committing to OM any time in the near future. Especially once the hammer is dropped. But let them continue on with that line of thinking.

Corn Bread
05-12-2016, 10:25 PM
Real I hope you are correct. But money makes people make illogical decisions.

JoseBrown
05-12-2016, 10:33 PM
I'm gonna tell ya right now, they ain't gonna stop cheating while being investigated. As long as they being investigated, they not gettin in trouble, so no reason to stop cheating, or they may stop being investigated, and may get in trouble.****

And just can't wait until they can talk again so they can get their story out... I mean, their side of the story... They just waitin on someone to say "take the cork out of it"...

Corn Bread
05-12-2016, 10:37 PM
Jose gets it. They are playing the NCAA, SEC. Keep the investigation going and the good times roll.

Political Hack
05-12-2016, 11:20 PM
You could word the same spin this way: "if the sanctions aren't horrendously awful there are a few kids that will consider committing to Ole Miss, but right way there's no way in hell they'll commit."

Reason2succeed
05-13-2016, 07:46 AM
How do we know that getting investigated by the NCAA was already a contingency that the Beave had already considered and planned for. Only Tunsil's Draft day admission totally screwed up the plan. If there were such a plan I'm sure that at this point it would include a line that says:

While under investigation keep all commits silent so that if they decommit no one will know.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-13-2016, 08:26 AM
I'm not saying your Bama buddy is lying or even wrong but I'm on a lot of msg boards & I haven't seen 1 Bama guy say anything remotely close to that.

Brando
05-13-2016, 08:48 AM
I could totally believe that they have some that want to commit, but told them not to right now. Then on NSD or so, they "win the day." Yet, what os really going on is they dont want everyone to know all of them are decommiting when the shit hits the fan. Whole reaso. To be quite is so they wont "loose the day." (Hope thats not confusing...)

PassInterference
05-13-2016, 11:17 AM
One Bama rumor is around 70 Ole Miss infractions from multiple conferences have been reported.

Tripp McNeely
05-13-2016, 01:45 PM
I'm not saying your Bama buddy is lying or even wrong but I'm on a lot of msg boards & I haven't seen 1 Bama guy say anything remotely close to that.

You know, it's funny...late last night I sent him a text late last night, just joking around, that said something along the lines of, "I think your Bama-insider's sources on om recruiting is this guy... https://twitter.com/yancyporter "

His reply..."Yeah, I've talked to that guy before. You know, he is friends with the guy I get all my information from."

Holy hell!

So, please feel free to delete this thread. Apparently my buddy's source on all things Bama is using Nancy Porter as HIS source on om recruiting...explains a lot! He's also been really skeptical every time I've talked to him about how much om is gonna get punished, etc. Any "info" he hears about om now is officially tainted...because it come from a taint.