PDA

View Full Version : Since rumors are encouraged

Dental Dawg
08-18-2013, 05:40 PM
I talked with a trusted source today. He is not a message board type of guy. We discussed several rumors about Ole Miss recruiting. I would say that the message board rumors are pretty accurate with what he said. There was one thing that caught my attention that hasn't really been discussed lately. He said that Ole Miss should be as much concerned with gambling allegations (football players) if not more than the alleged recruiting violations. I haven't heard shit about this in months. I for one thought that incarceratedbob was talking out of his ass for attention. Has anyone else heard anything lately on this?

BulldogDX55
08-18-2013, 05:42 PM
I talked with a trusted source today. He is not a message board type of guy. We discussed several rumors about Ole Miss recruiting. I would say that the message board rumors are pretty accurate with what he said. There was one thing that caught my attention that hasn't really been discussed lately. He said that Ole Miss should be as much concerned with gambling allegations (football players) if not more than the alleged recruiting violations. I haven't heard shit about this in months. I for one thought that incarceratedbob was talking out of his ass for attention. Has anyone else heard anything lately on this?

Before your post, the only thing I heard about gambling was Bob's supposed western union receipts for Bo Wallace. Does your friend have some other source, or is he just passing around what he saw of Bob's?

Political Hack
08-18-2013, 05:44 PM
I just can't take a twitter persona with "incarcerated" in the username very seriously. I don't expect anything out that. The only thing that's for sure is that the NCAA is investigating OM's recruitment of players from at least 2011-2013.

Dental Dawg
08-18-2013, 05:52 PM
I admit that I am a message board guy, but this guy is not. He is a large donor to MSU. I would assume his info is not from Internet rumors. Edit to note he never mentioned incarceratedbob.

missouridawg
08-18-2013, 05:55 PM
I just can't take a twitter persona with "incarcerated" in the username very seriously. I don't expect anything out that. The only thing that's for sure is that the NCAA is investigating OM's recruitment of players from at least 2011-2013.

There's a great story on Incarcerated Bob and the person behind it. It's about as creepy as creepy can get. It's amazing what that guy did. You can find that article here (http://davidpurdumsports.com/2013/06/11/what-happened-when-i-tried-to-interview-incarcerated-bob/).

On the other hand, this guy was obviously involved in sports gambling. Do I trust a word out of his mouth? Not really... but if someone is talking about OM and gambling, it lines up to what Incarcerated Bob has been floating around on twitter for a while now.

Dental Dawg
08-18-2013, 06:00 PM
If Ole Miss football players were betting on college games, this would not be good for them. If they bet on their own games, this would be a program killer. My question is "why would incarceratedbob go after them?"

Mullen'EmOver
08-18-2013, 06:12 PM
You saying Wallace intentionally threw games? That's an interesting thought. He did throw a lot of interceptions late in games or just performed poorly. The TAMU game comes to mind and he took 2 straight sacks late against LSU when they had first down inside their 20 and would've taken a late lead. If he just throws it away they probably continue the drive and take the lead like they'd done all night. For whatever reason LSU just couldn't stop them.

This might have legs. Lookin at other boxscores, he threw a couple gimmes early in the Bama game when they were still in the game. The Vandy game may be the biggest Tell of all. THREe times he had the ball first and goal inside the Vandy 10 and all times they settled for field goals due to poor passes from him. Convert any of those and they win easily.

So that's probably 3 games they go from easy W to L and he pockets cash because of it. But what gets me is that means they woulda been a 10-3 team instead of 7-6 and I just can't believe that from Bucky. Especially in the first year. Doesnt make sense. He's a girls basketball coach for 17s sake. And then it pissed me the hell off that they just let it ride against us in their Super Bowl and throttled arguably the nations best secondary? I don't know if Wallace is that good guys but damn something does seem up about this now that it's out in the open.

Sandman14
08-18-2013, 06:27 PM
good grief. now we are talking about Bo Wallace throwing games? wow. swinging for the fences.

Dental Dawg
08-18-2013, 06:28 PM
I didn't say he threw games. But I did hear that the gambling rumor with players has legs. I was told that they should be concerned about gambling and ncaa. If they bet on their own games, that would be bad.

Sandman14
08-18-2013, 06:53 PM
I have no doubt some kids on ole miss's team gamble on football games. That would not surprise me. Bookies are rampant in all college towns, and gambling is a big problem and has been for years. Gamling on any games, if proven, would be punished harshly.

throwing their own games would be utterly shocking. I think there is literally less than a .5% chance of that. I would say zero but nothing is impossible I suppose.

OilBoyHail
08-18-2013, 06:55 PM
The bears covered 10 games last year with a first year girls basketball coach and a gambling QB. Make of that what you want but it seems obvious to me something fishy going on. Cheat in one thing....

Political Hack
08-18-2013, 06:57 PM
I know players who have been approached to guarantee points. they said they didn't do it, but the opportunity to do so is certainly there.

FlabLoser
08-18-2013, 07:46 PM
I can't see gambling swaying a college player to win or lose. I could see gambling affecting a player where the spread was already really big where point shaving wouldn't have affected the game.

Coach34
08-18-2013, 08:12 PM
They didnt throw any games last year- they covered spreads constantly. The only thing it could be is players betting on games if there was any truth to it.

RC3
08-18-2013, 08:17 PM
All I know is that there are some "in-the-know" bears who are sweating right now.

Mullen'EmOver
08-18-2013, 08:18 PM
What about Moneylines and Over/Under? That definitely plays in to forcing your team to lose or not score.

missouridawg
08-18-2013, 08:19 PM
The bears covered 10 games last year with a first year girls basketball coach and a gambling QB. Make of that what you want but it seems obvious to me something fishy going on. Cheat in one thing....

If the team in question is covering the points, then there's really nothing to look at. It's when teams don't cover 10 games that you should be suspicious...

Mullen'EmOver
08-18-2013, 08:34 PM
We closed the season 2-6 against the spread. Tyler or Dan was throwin games you think? I'll have to go look at late game boxscores

Dental Dawg
08-18-2013, 08:45 PM
Sorry this thread has gone sideways. What I heard was they were gambling. This would be bad if the NCAA can prove this. I just added it would be worse if the games bet upon were their own. (Pete Rose). I did not mean for this to say they were fixing games.

Coach34
08-18-2013, 09:01 PM
There is no doubt that if there is proof of players betting on games- then their ass is in real trouble. No idea on this- I think IBob just has people on their jump to conclusion boards

Dental Dawg
08-18-2013, 09:08 PM
When I talked with my source, I was pimping him for NCAA recruiting shit. Out of no where, he tells me they should be more concerned on this gambling stuff. This totally caught me off guard. Everything posted here about the recruiting parties was pretty spot on. He said that Tunsil didn't even know Ole Miss was in Oxford until that big recruiting weekend.

Will James
08-18-2013, 10:11 PM
He said that Tunsil didn't even know Ole Miss was in Oxford until that big recruiting weekend.

If ESPN can't tell the difference I doubt Tunsil could either. I'm sure the money was already paid before the trip. We should have snuck in there and put him on a plane to Stark. He'd have the Bear money but never know the difference. Sign here Laremy.

______________________ commits to Mississippi State

Schultzy
08-18-2013, 10:18 PM
Did he mention anything about the Ed Center in Jackson?

Coach34
08-18-2013, 10:26 PM
Did he mention anything about the Ed Center in Jackson?

Why would he mention the Ed Center?

Schultzy
08-18-2013, 10:43 PM
Some think questions will be asked about that place in terms of helping student athletes improve they're standing academically. They we're rumored to be quite an asset for them.

PassInterference
08-18-2013, 10:57 PM
OM hasn't thrown any games. @IncarceratedBob said he has proof of them gambling on games. I hear that is true.

It is just one more thing the NCAA is looking at. OM is going to get blasted with loss of institutional control. OM probably never thought to tell OM players not to gamble. There are so many damn rules. Can't say I blame OM on this one. But I don't need to because the NCAA will. Ha.

**** Ole Miss.

dawgoneyall
08-18-2013, 11:01 PM
I would hope MSU tells their athletes not to gamble.

That with the NCAA is an absolute no no.

biggun
08-18-2013, 11:02 PM
good grief. now we are talking about Bo Wallace throwing games? wow. swinging for the fences.

I bet Tyler Russell made a fortune for throwing the Gator Bowl!!! totally jk

Miles4MSU75
08-18-2013, 11:21 PM

Would make since Patrick Willis has craps table in his new San Francisco home!

Miles4MSU75
08-19-2013, 02:05 AM
BigShot : story of campus bookie with Arizona state player shaving points. Go watch it lol

Miles4MSU75
08-19-2013, 02:09 AM
http://www.google.com/search?q=big+shot+dvd&client=safari&hl=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=IcQRUrLYE-fT2QWo34GIDA&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAA&biw=768&bih=900#biv=i%7C1%3Bd%7CB1iNNW_pDLHoNM%3A

K9 Avenger
08-19-2013, 08:30 AM
Sorry this thread has gone sideways. What I heard was they were gambling. This would be bad if the NCAA can prove this. I just added it would be worse if the games bet upon were their own. (Pete Rose). I did not mean for this to say they were fixing games.
It's all good in my book. Anything burdensome that can be hung around the neck of their football program should be celebrated here!