PDA

View Full Version : I'm sad for Marcus Bullard

drunkernhelldawg
05-12-2016, 11:27 AM
Back in the pokey. It's hard to understand why he stays in the revolving door. When athletes come to us, it's important that their character develops along with their ability to perform. Maybe some people are incapable of inner growth. I hate to think that though. http://www.sunherald.com/news/local/crime/article77154702.html

ETA: Use this link to the Sun Herald Facebook page. Can't read the article of the SH website unless you subscribe, but I think you can access from FB. https://www.facebook.com/sunherald/?fref=nf

smootness
05-12-2016, 12:03 PM
Unfortunately, our prison system doesn't do a very good job of keeping people out of it in the future.

reno hightower
05-12-2016, 12:23 PM
Man i hate to see that. he was one of my favs. Would see him in the tin gym during the summers before he became a dawg.

Taog Redloh
05-12-2016, 01:19 PM
Sad??? I'd say he did it to himself. I guess self-accountability is an art lost on most of you. The guy's damn near 40 years old.

Forget that guy. You can't be helped until you're willing to help yourself. FACT.

drunkernhelldawg
05-12-2016, 01:26 PM
Sad??? I'd say he did it to himself. I guess self-accountability is an art lost on most of you. The guy's damn near 40 years old.

Forget that guy. You can't be helped until you're willing to help yourself. FACT.

AFDawg
05-12-2016, 02:20 PM

You can be sad for people who bring destruction upon themselves. That's not contradictory.

Taog Redloh
05-12-2016, 02:23 PM
You can be sad for people who bring destruction upon themselves. That's not contradictory.

I can't be sad for someone who had his potential. So many folks never get the opportunity he did.

Be sad for people who are simply victims of bad situations. I get agitated at people who blow the blessings they've been given.

Harrydawg
05-12-2016, 02:57 PM
I understand being sad to see this but do know that many have tried to help Marcus. Fellow players, fans.....many have tried over the past several years. Each time, he's wound up back in trouble. Some require more help than is possible

drunkernhelldawg
05-12-2016, 03:05 PM
I understand being sad to see this but do know that many have tried to help Marcus. Fellow players, fans.....many have tried over the past several years. Each time, he's wound up back in trouble. Some require more help than is possible

Not blaming this entirely, but I believe some men need to leave their home towns and never look back. I've seen many stilted by the forces from the past. You always carry who you are, but you're better off to do the carrying yourself. There's such a thing as too many old friends.

maroonmania
05-12-2016, 04:43 PM
Not blaming this entirely, but I believe some men need to leave their home towns and never look back. I've seen many stilted by the forces from the past. You always carry who you are, but you're better off to do the carrying yourself. There's such a thing as too many old friends.

Believe you are correct. If you remember, Marcus had a brush with law over drugs before he ever came to MSU down on the coast where he was from. In fact, he very nearly never got to MSU because of the incident. He did well under a lot of supervision from coaches and teammates while at MSU but fell off the wagon again after the conclusion of the Final Four run by pistol whipping a guy and never got to play his SR year.

Political Hack
05-12-2016, 05:39 PM
He did it to himself but you can still have empathy for the guy. To say he doesn't deserve empathy says more about one's self than it does him. He's to blame without a doubt but I wish it wouldve worked out better for him.

And it was his brothers and lack of solid parental figures that did this to him. He lived out of his car and the gym for much of his high school Sr year. His older brothers were involved with drugs and he followed suit. Just a bad situation all around. He had chances to right the ship, but never took advantage.

Liverpooldawg
05-12-2016, 06:38 PM
Empathy yes, sadness by now, no.

the59dawg
05-13-2016, 08:16 AM
Hard to get a job in this country when one has had a couple run-ins with da law. Doesn't look good on the ole resume.

Duckdog
05-13-2016, 09:00 AM
Unfortunately, our prison system doesn't do a very good job of keeping people out of it in the future.

so its the prisons fault????

tireddawg
05-13-2016, 09:18 AM
so its the prisons fault????

I don't think he's necessarily blaming the prison for his iniquities. Prison is supposed to be a rehabilitation process & they don't do a good job of that.
But on the other side I guess you could say, if someone wants to get rehabilitated, they will.

drunkernhelldawg
05-13-2016, 09:46 AM
I don't think he's necessarily blaming the prison for his iniquities. Prison is supposed to be a rehabilitation process & they don't do a good job of that.
But on the other side I guess you could say, if someone wants to get rehabilitated, they will.

Having your heart in it is a necessary step, but it's not all that's required. Don't know whether Bullard was capable of using help, but you've got to have some hope if you're going to get out of bed in the morning and do something productive. I do think Bullard had plenty of people pulling for him. That's way more than most felons get. We need that for those unknown ones too. Bullard just seems to show that there's something inside some people that prevents the necessary respect and vision from occurring even though he had more support than most felons.