PDA

View Full Version : Odds Freeze coaches this year

Dawgfan77
05-12-2016, 07:26 AM
With the sh!t show going on what are the odds freezus coaches this year. After yesterday's news I got it at 50/50

HailState39110
05-12-2016, 07:35 AM
With the sh!t show going on what are the odds freezus coaches this year. After yesterday's news I got it at 50/50

I think he coaches this year but this will be it . Sanctions will drop in the fall or towards the end of the year

messageboardsuperhero
05-12-2016, 07:36 AM
98%. He is their coach at the very least until all the sanctions from both investigations hit- and I don't expect this to fully come to an end anytime soon.

Dawgbite
05-12-2016, 07:38 AM
This year 90% because I don't think the poop hits the fan until after the season starts and they won't fire him until they have to. They are all in this up to their ears and have decided to drive off the cliff together. The better poll would be if he will be coaching next year, I say 30 %.

THE Bruce Dickinson
05-12-2016, 07:45 AM
Before about 10 days ago I would have said 99% to this upcoming season, but now I'm at about 60%. His facade is unraveling, and the media smells blood in the water. The more press the story gets, the more pressure will be put on the NCAA to make an announcement about sanctions. I highly doubt he will be the coach in 2017. I feel confident that they are on the fast track to once again winning the party, and that's all.

Dawgfan77
05-12-2016, 07:50 AM
Here is the thing with me. He basically stated by asking for his depo.not to be used in the NCAA investigations that he is guilty. At some point it's gonna come to a head and the admin is going to step in to save face. They are toxic as long as he is the head man. Think about it, he basically admitted he cheated or knows whats been going on by the news yesterday. Now put that with the tweets, the statementa he has made about his program. Should another BIG story drop I don't see how he survives. That crew will turn on him in a second

Martianlander
05-12-2016, 07:57 AM
I put Freeze coaching this year at about 40%. I put Bjork making it to the fall at about 10%.

THE Bruce Dickinson
05-12-2016, 08:00 AM
I kind of get the feeling that ULL was a small tremor right before the big earthquake. NCAA is going to jump all over Ole Miss

Jack Lambert
05-12-2016, 08:01 AM
99.9999999999999999999999999999%

lefty96
05-12-2016, 08:01 AM
100%. Why stop now?

Reason2succeed
05-12-2016, 08:03 AM
On May 22nd the NOA has to be released. When that happens national media including TMZ will descend upon OM in a feeding frenzy because there is little other interesting sports news going on (because the NBA playoffs suck). The scrutiny Willie so intense that Bjork only has a 10% chance of surviving the summer and I only give Freeze a 30% chance. The problem will be finding a relatively "clean" coach to name as interim in that cess pool of a staff.

Dawgfan77
05-12-2016, 08:06 AM
On May 22nd the NOA has to be released. When that happens national media including TMZ will descend upon OM in a feeding frenzy because there is little other interesting sports news going on (because the NBA playoffs suck). The scrutiny Willie so intense that Bjork only has a 10% chance of surviving the summer and I only give Freeze a 30% chance. The problem will be finding a relatively "clean" coach to name as interim in that cess pool of a staff.
My thoughts as well. I would have to think that some staff have already been givin the walking paper's

lefty96
05-12-2016, 08:09 AM
Unless the 1st NOA is of no real interest. I think the sizzle for the media will come in the 2nd round - whenever that is.

Liverpooldawg
05-12-2016, 08:14 AM
100% he coaches this year, the NCAA doesn't move that fast. After that all bets are off.

shannondawg
05-12-2016, 08:19 AM
He's got about 3 days after the chancellor gives him a vote of confidence.

Anybody be me think its odd, that their has been zero comment from that office?

Mjoelner34
05-12-2016, 08:21 AM
Be watching to see if he makes a trip to Haiti in a few weeks. If he does, he may mysteriously come down with a fever that he most certainly picked up in Haiti and will then step down for health reasons. The Haitian Fever could then spread throughout the department. People in Oxford will be tricked into wearing surgical masks around town like there is an avian flu pandemic or something.

In all seriousness, this year I think it depends on the war between how all-in he is and his conscience so I'm going to say 95% because I think he's already proven that he doesn't have much of a conscience. Next year it depends solely on NCAA findings because he would have proven that he is all-in and doesn't have a conscience by lasting until next year. I think there is about a 30% chance he's still there at the end of next season.

TrapGame
05-12-2016, 08:23 AM
He coaches until the end of October. He will then either step aside for personal/family reasons to save face or he will be fired and an interim coach will be placed to finish out the season. I'm of the particular opinion that the chancellor may be negotiating with the NCAA behind Freeze's and Bdork's backs to throw them to the wolves to save the athletic department from an LOIC and severe, program crippling sanctions against football.

BB30
05-12-2016, 08:30 AM
I think it all depends on what all is in the first NOA. Do yall think if there is not much damning evidence in the first NOA the national media will back off the story?

Dawgfan77
05-12-2016, 08:46 AM
I think it all depends on what all is in the first NOA. Do yall think if there is not much damning evidence in the first NOA the national media will back off the story?

I think there is significant more info in the second letter or addendum but academic fraud as well as the earlier tunsil issues will be enough to get freezus out with the first letter. I think the admin will clean house to show the NCAA that they mean business so that in hopes the second NOA and COI will be more lenient to them

ElitedawgRecruiting
05-12-2016, 08:52 AM
100% and I still think we need to temper our expectations on the severity of the penalties. As bad as it looks now, they still find a way to get out of some of it. That and I fully expect an assistant to take the fall in the end much like the Hud/Saunders situation

maroonmania
05-12-2016, 09:04 AM
He coaches this Fall 100% UNLESS the NCAA somehow makes it clear that penalties would be SIGNIFICANTLY reduced by offering up Freeze as a sacrificial lamb. Given the UNM attitude during this whole thing though I'm not sure the NCAA is willing to give UNM ANY options at this point that would lessen their punishment.

beretta
05-12-2016, 09:06 AM
100% and I still think we need to temper our expectations on the severity of the penalties. As bad as it looks now, they still find a way to get out of some of it. That and I fully expect an assistant to take the fall in the end much like the Hud/Saunders situation

I don't know whats going to happen, but he will 100% coach this year.....and probably 5 more years....I (unfortunately) know more UM info than MSU info due to my job.....I had dinner a few nights ago with a physician from NE MS that knows full well what is going on......I told him, IMO, that its going to be worse than what UM people think, and a whole lot less than what MSU fans (et al) want it to be....he never gives his side in too much detail, but replied to me "i can respect that".....then we went back to talking baseball....

maroonmania
05-12-2016, 09:12 AM

Like I have said, if the Bears get off light on this with the perception of their current levels of cheating it will be a clear sign to everyone else that it is open season for cheating as much as you like. I have personally even said that if UNM gets off with a slap on the wrist its time to throw out the NCAA rule book and just make it every man for himself. That would actually be more fair than the situation now where you have a group of schools at least attempting to follow the rules and another group of schools with institutionally embedded practices of cheating.

JoseBrown
05-12-2016, 09:15 AM
He's got about 3 days after the chancellor gives him a vote of confidence.

Anybody be me think its odd, that their has been zero comment from that office?

I was just about to pose the question. Glad you brought it up. When was the last vote of confidence given publicly by the chancellor's office in support of Freeze?

This sealed deposition request by Freeze should pretty much sum it up to everyone that he's been up to some no good, or at least knows enough about it he doesn't want everyone knowing what he knows...that they're a bunch of damn cheaters and damn liars...

JoseBrown
05-12-2016, 09:19 AM

I don't think so. I think the draft night embarrassment has their attention. If they've reported at all on them, or investigated, they know there is more there than meets the original NOA.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-12-2016, 09:24 AM
150%

TrapGame
05-12-2016, 09:27 AM
Like I have said, if the Bears get off light on this with the perception of their current levels of cheating it will be a clear sign to everyone else that it is open season for cheating as much as you like. I have personally even said that if UNM gets off with a slap on the wrist its time to throw out the NCAA rule book and just make it every man for himself. That would actually be more fair than the situation now where you have a group of schools at least attempting to follow the rules and another group of schools with institutionally embedded practices of cheating.

AMEN! This is cheating on a institutional level that goes through the athletic department. If the NCAA does not come down like the hammer of the gods then college football becomes the wild west and the NCAA will be a toothless tiger.

Tbonewannabe
05-12-2016, 09:28 AM
He coaches until the end of October. He will then either step aside for personal/family reasons to save face or he will be fired and an interim coach will be placed to finish out the season. I'm of the particular opinion that the chancellor may be negotiating with the NCAA behind Freeze's and Bdork's backs to throw them to the wolves to save the athletic department from an LOIC and severe, program crippling sanctions against football.

Multiple sports with academic fraud and paying players, I don't see how they could avoid a LOIC. Their program is pretty much the definition of it.

Tbonewannabe
05-12-2016, 09:33 AM

If UNM gets away with a slap on the wrist then it could signify the end of the NCAA and beginning of the new super conferences. I don't see how they could get away with it as much as they pissed off several big time programs that have a lot of influence. If they stuck to just buying off players from MSU then nothing is ever said. They would just claim it is MSU bitching about their rival but when Michigan and Georgia complain then it gets more attention.

TrapGame
05-12-2016, 09:47 AM
Multiple sports with academic fraud and paying players, I don't see how they could avoid a LOIC. Their program is pretty much the definition of it.

And I'm sure that's what the NCAA is telling the chancellor too. It looks like they'll have to bend over and take it. Any kind of negotiating at this point is just desperation.

Taog Redloh
05-12-2016, 09:50 AM
100%.

The NCAA is more likely to be exposed for incompetency than Ole Miss being exposed for proof of violations.

Pollodawg
05-12-2016, 09:50 AM
Freeze will be the coach this Fall. There will be no discernible affects of the investigation this season.

Bubb Rubb
05-12-2016, 09:51 AM
He will definitely be the coach this year. They know what's in the NOA and would've already removed him if they thought that's what they had to do. You've already seen Texas fire a coach over this. Ole Miss hasn't fired a coach yet - so I don't expect them to. If/when an addendum/second NOA comes out, all bets are off.

jumbo
05-12-2016, 09:58 AM
100%. Now in 2017, that's a different question.

shannondawg
05-12-2016, 10:05 AM
He will definitely be the coach this year. They know what's in the NOA and would've already removed him if they thought that's what they had to do. You've already seen Texas fire a coach over this. Ole Miss hasn't fired a coach yet - so I don't expect them to. If/when an addendum/second NOA comes out, all bets are off.

Then they would be admitting guilt, personally I don't think the initial investigation covers anything that would include Freeze. Its the ongoing one that will hang him

32 Dive
05-12-2016, 10:14 AM
Until something changes, as in more damning information/actions, I put it at 100%

Martianlander
05-12-2016, 10:14 AM
Be watching to see if he makes a trip to Haiti in a few weeks. If he does, he may mysteriously come down with a fever that he most certainly picked up in Haiti and will then step down for health reasons. The Haitian Fever could then spread throughout the department. People in Oxford will be tricked into wearing TUNSIL GAS masks around town like there is an avian flu pandemic or something.

In all seriousness, this year I think it depends on the war between how all-in he is and his conscience so I'm going to say 95% because I think he's already proven that he doesn't have much of a conscience. Next year it depends solely on NCAA findings because he would have proven that he is all-in and doesn't have a conscience by lasting until next year. I think there is about a 30% chance he's still there at the end of next season.

Fixed it for you.

Mjoelner34
05-12-2016, 10:21 AM
Fixed it for you.

Yep. Perfect. +1

blacklistedbully
05-12-2016, 10:36 AM
I heard Dan Wolken say on Finebaum a couple of days ago that he'd heard UNM was going to reply to the NOA with a denial that they'd done anything wrong.

Paul tried to press a little, but Wolken said he wouldn't reveal more until he published it himself.

parabrave
05-12-2016, 11:21 AM
He is going to make the Japanese military on Iwo Jima look like mass surrender.

Tbonewannabe
05-12-2016, 11:29 AM
I heard Dan Wolken say on Finebaum a couple of days ago that he'd heard UNM was going to reply to the NOA with a denial that they'd done anything wrong.

Paul tried to press a little, but Wolken said he wouldn't reveal more until he published it himself.

Seems right that they would deny until the last second then ask for forgiveness since everyone sins.

Spiderman
05-12-2016, 01:30 PM

I have said all along, if Freeze coaches this year, the NCAA sanctions won't involve him. No coach has ever survived direct involvement in violations of this level.

If he is directly involved, and still is the coach, Ole Miss will get murdered at punishment time.

Ole Miss is bigger than Freeze. To save themselves, they will cut him loose if he is directly involved.

In my opinion, if he is still the coach in the next month or so, Ole Miss will get off a hell of a lot lighter than we hope.

gravedigger
05-12-2016, 02:00 PM
They are toxic as long as he is the head man.

This will be the biggest hurdle to face. IF they keep him, no matter the penalties, the ncaa will continue to watch them like a hawk. They only way to get them out of oxford permanently, is to get rid of the reason for the suspicion.

OM needs to implement their own show cause on themselves to prevent the ncaa from having to do it.

JoseBrown
05-12-2016, 02:11 PM
I have said all along, if Freeze coaches this year, the NCAA sanctions won't involve him. No coach has ever survived direct involvement in violations of this level.

If he is directly involved, and still is the coach, Ole Miss will get murdered at punishment time.

Ole Miss is bigger than Freeze. To save themselves, they will cut him loose if he is directly involved.

In my opinion, if he is still the coach in the next month or so, Ole Miss will get off a hell of a lot lighter than we hope.

Right on! And their silence truly is deafening! I think with each passing major news story his days are getting shorter!

Dawgcentral
05-12-2016, 05:45 PM
Freeze was laying the foundation for future excuses, as well as what the OM response would be when he stated ' I'm confident of how we're doing things within these walls', thus placing any blame on some rogue booster. I'm confident that the NCAA knew of some booster impropriety due to this statement. Then of course the Tunsil draft night exploded, and there's no room to reverse course. The 3 year investigation had to involve the questioning of the coach implicated in the texts. Of course he lied.

Now it's up to the NCAA to connect a booster to that coach. I'm thinking the coach is the one susceptible to some applied pressure when interrogation resumes.

That said, I expect Freeze to be the coach through 2016. I'd actually enjoy watching the players quit and the performance on the field completely collapse while Freeze is still there.

BulldogBear
05-12-2016, 05:58 PM
Freeze was laying the foundation for future excuses, as well as what the OM response would be when he stated ' I'm confident of how we're doing things within these walls', thus placing any blame on some rogue booster. I'm confident that the NCAA knew of some booster impropriety due to this statement. Then of course the Tunsil draft night exploded, and there's no room to reverse course. The 3 year investigation had to involve the questioning of the coach implicated in the texts. Of course he lied.

Now it's up to the NCAA to connect a booster to that coach. I'm thinking the coach is the one susceptible to some applied pressure when interrogation resumes.

That said, I expect Freeze to be the coach through 2016. I'd actually enjoy watching the players quit and the performance on the field completely collapse while Freeze is still there.

I hope Freeze coaches thru this season because if he does and has show cause type issues and the administration knew he did and kept him.... then oh sheit.... they are begging for the death penalty. The NCAA still may not do it, but no school since SMU will have come as close.

Please coach this season Freeze.

Todd4State
05-12-2016, 05:59 PM
The last time Ole Miss had this happen was 1993 and they let Billy Brewer coach while the investigation was going on and then once the sentence came down they had to get rid of him in like July and then they had to use Joe Lee Dun as an interim head coach the entire season.

I don't think it will turn out quite like that, but my guess is Freeze coaches this season, then the sentence is handed down and they have to get rid of Freeze at that point. I doubt they will have to hire an interim guy again but it really depends on the timing of the announcement.

RichardHarrow
05-12-2016, 06:20 PM
Looking beyond the firing of Freeze is the hiring of the next guy. Sanctions will have to be handed down first. They can't fire him now because nobody outside of a JV high school coach would take that job not knowing what the penalties are. I hate to make the comparison but their next hire will be their Rick Ray, except he'll be way less successful and less qualified, simply because nobody else would take that job. I hope they are hit so hard that their next coach puts a nail in his metaphorical coaching coffin by accepting the job. Fingers crossed.