PDA

View Full Version : Wright moves up..Kegler goes down a few spots

Dawg-gone-dawgs
05-11-2016, 11:22 PM
link (http://247sports.com/ContentGallery/north-carolina-tar-heels-signee-is-new-five-star-in-final-247spo-45286357)

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
05-12-2016, 07:55 AM
Gives us 5 in top 100, 1 in top 50, Herard now highest rated signee

I watched Kegler twice this year. Once was in the national championship game. Had a rough go of it both times, trouble finishing, no explosive plays, relied on foul calls to score. I wonder if he had trouble fitting into the Oak Hill system after transferring from Calloway where I assume he just ran iso w/ Malik on the team.

I hope Howland can get more out of him than what hes shown in the small sample of games I've seen. I think he'd be best for us at the stretch 4. He's not quick enough to get by many 3 guards, & even if he's undersized at PF I don't think Howland relies on his 4s to do much banging.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-12-2016, 09:09 AM
Gives us 5 in top 100, 1 in top 50, Herard now highest rated signee

I watched Kegler twice this year. Once was in the national championship game. Had a rough go of it both times, trouble finishing, no explosive plays, relied on foul calls to score. I wonder if he had trouble fitting into the Oak Hill system after transferring from Calloway where I assume he just ran iso w/ Malik on the team.

I hope Howland can get more out of him than what hes shown in the small sample of games I've seen. I think he'd be best for us at the stretch 4. He's not quick enough to get by many 3 guards, & even if he's undersized at PF I don't think Howland relies on his 4s to do much banging.

Mario isn't an explosive athlete he's not going to wow you with athletic plays. What he does extremely well is shoot. He lead Oak Hill in 3pt% at 54.9%. He was also their 2nd leading scorer at 14.2ppg. They had 7 guys avg double figures so they never had to depend on 1 or 2 guys. He was also their 3rd leading rebounder at 5.1rpg. I agree I think his best position is a stretch 4 unless he comes in this summer & drops 10-15lbs & gets in great shape.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
05-12-2016, 02:40 PM
He lead Oak Hill in 3pt% at 54.9%. He was also their 2nd leading scorer at 14.2ppg. They had 7 guys avg double figures so they never had to depend on 1 or 2 guys. He was also their 3rd leading rebounder at 5.1rpg.

good to know. thanks! I think he was just off his game the times I watched him b/c he didn't put up many 3s either. Oak Hill's coach thought of enough of his defense to put him on La Lumiere's best player down the stretch in the championship game so he should be able to guard the 3 & 4.